CELEBRATION The Captain of the 2024 Grandaddy em Em All with Callaway Golf

Maybe I'm alone in this, but when Grandaddy contests come up and picks start happening, I always think, "This is my year". Then there's an announcement thread, and it's not you. But it's Jeff Spicoli... or McLovin, or jdax, or Maynard, or Mikeg, or Hibler and you say, "Yes! That's so awesome for them! That guy is perfect for this!" Even if I never get to go, I look forward to that feeling finding out someone I know, if even only online, is going. I'm excited to see what @jlew does with this team, and who's going to join him. I'm excited to see what changes Finley has in store for all of us there and following along. It's gonna be a good year.
Well said. I've gone through the exact same emotions when you feel bummed you didn't get selected and at the same time for those who are going, especially those you have met. I honestly never thought I would be able to go, and it happened. I hope one day to see your name called for the Grandaddy. You would rock it and be an absolute rockstar of a teammate.

Well said. I've gone through the exact same emotions when you feel bummed you didn't get selected and at the same time for those who are going, especially those you have met. I honestly never thought I would be able to go, and it happened. I hope one day to see your name called for the Grandaddy. You would rock it and be an absolute rockstar of a teammate.
Seeing names get pulled for the GD is pretty amazing, watching the team build out. Can't imagine the actual feelings when it's your own as one of them.

Why do images of Boss Hogg & George Costanza keep popping in my head???
Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Nah. Personalized daily airing of grievances.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but when Grandaddy contests come up and picks start happening, I always think, "This is my year". Then there's an announcement thread, and it's not you. But it's Jeff Spicoli... or McLovin, or jdax, or Maynard, or Mikeg, or Hibler and you say, "Yes! That's so awesome for them! That guy is perfect for this!" Even if I never get to go, I look forward to that feeling finding out someone I know, if even only online, is going. I'm excited to see what @jlew does with this team, and who's going to join him. I'm excited to see what changes Finley has in store for all of us there and following along. It's gonna be a good year.
That is the essence of what this experience is. You want it so bad because you understand the awesomeness of it and you welcome the responsibility of what happens when you are back home. The 5-6 days in California might be the highlights, but the time after really makes it special. When you see others getting the call and get excited that is all anyone needs to know about The Grandaddy and the lasting legacy it leaves.

Seeing names get pulled for the GD is pretty amazing, watching the team build out. Can't imagine the actual feelings when it's your own as one of them.
Total shock and questioning of what you just saw or read is real.

Total shock and questioning of what you just saw or read is real.
Also the fun of convincing your wife that this is in fact a real thing and not too good to be true.

Also the fun of convincing your wife that this is in fact a real thing and not too good to be true.
I may have crossed that one off with the Bag Bpy experience and showing the real bag, but this may even be a stretch of the imagination again 🤣

Canary yellow all over the Hideaway is the dream! 🤣
That's Australian gold my friend and don't you f*ckin' forget it! Canary yellow indeed...

It is going to be so fun getting behind the group that is selected for this year's Grandaddy! The feels will be different, but damn I am excited!!!

Why do images of Boss Hogg & George Costanza keep popping in my head???
Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
I was thinking more like Big Enos and Little Enos Burdette....

Enos.jpg

I'm right there with you. Every year, I'm amazed at how my emotional investment in the Grandaddy grows. Having friends on the team is a driver of that. Then, the guys have done such a great job engaging the forum that I'm drawn in and on the edge of my seat nearly 2K miles away.

I'm hyped up to see who some teammates are!

You are far from alone in this. Everyone who's paid attention wants to go, but those of us invested in being part of the community of THP go through the "dang, it's not me" emotions that are quickly followed with the "but it's xxxxxx, and that's freaking amazing for them" emotions.

I Love You GIF by Taylor Swift

Feels like this year is a super slow burn.. Just a captain and the year is like half over!!
I'm just soaking it all in. Like I said before- when the time is right, JB and Mr. Finley will get this show rolling I have no doubt. But until then- we've got a ton of other experiences popping off, and we can always tag @MWard for funsies.

I'm just soaking it all in. Like I said before- when the time is right, JB and Mr. Finley will get this show rolling I have no doubt. But until then- we've got a ton of other experiences popping off, and we can always tag @MWard for funsies.
Every time you tag me, that’s another shot I aim towards hazards if I get in.

Think of the lost product.

I'm right there with you. Every year, I'm amazed at how my emotional investment in the Grandaddy grows. Having friends on the team is a driver of that. Then, the guys have done such a great job engaging the forum that I'm drawn in and on the edge of my seat nearly 2K miles away.

I'm hyped up to see who some teammates are!
I'm pretty excited to meet and play some golf with people who have actually been to a GD event next month, that will make watching this in real time even more of ride and great to follow

I feel ya. I am just excited to watch this team.

I feel ya. I am just excited to watch this team.
Don't get it twisted, I'm super stoked to hear who my first teammate is and get this show underway. I also know though, that this thing goes by way too quick so I'm just not pushing things too much.

From my side of things:
- The spreadsheet that @mikeg_74 predicted I'd have, yep it's done
- Conversation tomorrow with an instructor for my own game
- Reading through previous years to see what worked for the community and what didn't
- Still trying to figure out @jdtox pairing strategy :ROFLMAO:

All that to say, I'll be ready to welcome the first teammate as soon as it's time.

Don't get it twisted, I'm super stoked to hear who my first teammate is and get this show underway. I also know though, that this thing goes by way too quick so I'm just not pushing things too much.

From my side of things:
- Reading through previous years to see what worked for the community and what didn't

All that to say, I'll be ready to welcome the first teammate as soon as it's time.
OH, I am sure.. I have zero doubt you are chomping at the bit.. I would be..

From my side of things:

If we're anxiously awaiting team members being selected, I can only imagine what you must be feeling. Although it must be a great feeling.

Back