The Car Shopping Thread

Yep I did. When I was looking at the second generation Infiniti g35 coupe, I brought my clubs into the dealership and tried to put them into the trunk. While they fit, you really need to lay them at an angle and I ended up having to still take the woods out.
It's funny to think, even my summer car (a Honda S2000) can fit my clubs in the trunk going horizontally. Only have to take out the driver, I wonder if any Porsche owners have a tough time fitting their clubs under the bonnet?

It's funny to think, even my summer car (a Honda S2000) can fit my clubs in the trunk going horizontally. Only have to take out the driver, I wonder if any Porsche owners have a tough time fitting their clubs under the bonnet?
My favorite car.. Porsche 911 turbo. Those bonnets only look big enough to hold a few bags of groceries.

Kinda random question, but does anyone else make sure their golf clubs fit in the trunk comfortably (only applies to coupes/sedans) before even going further with considering buying? I really like to be able to lay my bag horizontally from taillight to taillight so I have room behind it. I feel like a lot of luxury car brands have small-ish trunks and sometimes both the back seats don't even fold down. I love my Ford Fusion b/c it can do all the above and obv. is the car I wanted. However in the next year or two I will be looking for a new daily and have my eye on a '10-'12 Audi S4 Prestige, would really like to have the same trunk room like my Fusion.

It is a must for me when looking at cars, when looking at a small SUV for the wife it was why we immediately crossed off a few as I will inherit it in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's you first take/opinion of the New Lincoln Continental they are bring back out? They are telling us that the luxury of this is going to be above all others even in the Lincoln lineup.

Havent even looked.
Im genuinely not really a car guy, just happen to love the MKZ and wanted one for a while.

What's you first take/opinion of the New Lincoln Continental they are bring back out? They are telling us that the luxury of this is going to be above all others even in the Lincoln lineup.
Those door handles look terrible, I understand the idea behind the handles but there are so many better ways to execute. They should have taken one out of the Tesla playbook and had them retract when not in use.

Those door handles look terrible, I understand the idea behind the handles but there are so many better ways to execute. They should have taken one out of the Tesla playbook and had them retract when not in use.
The Auto Expo had the Continental but we couldn't get in it. It looked super nice and they finally built a decent looking front end. Lincoln front ends have been terrible the last few years IMO.

The door handles were beyond stupid though. They looked so out of place

Havent even looked.
Im genuinely not really a car guy, just happen to love the MKZ and wanted one for a while.

If you didn't already know...new front end for the upcoming 2017 MKZ looks like this....
2017-Lincoln-MKZ-1031-876x535.jpg

And here is the 2017 Continental

Of note:
The door handles do not have conventional hand pockets; instead, the chrome beltline molding curves out to form the handle, and the latch is electronic.
30 way (yes 30) adjustable seats
The Continental is a five-seater, and both outboard rear-seat positions offer heating, cooling, recline, and massage functions.
The Continental will be offered in four trim levels: Premiere, Select, Reserve, and Black Label.
It will have the expected driver aids: adaptive cruise control, forward-collision warning with automatic braking and pedestrian detection, lane-keep assist, a 360-degree-view camera, and automated parking (parallel and perpendicular, both in and out).
Ford’s latest Sync 3 system will be standard, as will Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability.

Here is what it will look like....

2017-Lincoln-Continental-103-876x535.jpg

Interior front...

2017-Lincoln-Continental-113-876x535.jpg

Interior back...

2017-Lincoln-Continental-115-876x535.jpg

Kinda random question, but does anyone else make sure their golf clubs fit in the trunk comfortably (only applies to coupes/sedans) before even going further with considering buying? I really like to be able to lay my bag horizontally from taillight to taillight so I have room behind it. I feel like a lot of luxury car brands have small-ish trunks and sometimes both the back seats don't even fold down. I love my Ford Fusion b/c it can do all the above and obv. is the car I wanted. However in the next year or two I will be looking for a new daily and have my eye on a '10-'12 Audi S4 Prestige, would really like to have the same trunk room like my Fusion.

I have to be able to fit 4 sets of clubs in the trunk and 4 guys in the car comfortably or it's NO deal !

Agree, those door handles look terrible...

I have to be able to fit 4 sets of clubs in the trunk and 4 guys in the car comfortably or it's NO deal !
Man that is a tall order! I just am thankful to fit two bags, shoes, etc. in my trunk.

Agree, those door handles look terrible...
I guarantee they will ditch them after the initial year release, they don't even seem ergonomic.

Man that is a tall order! I just am thankful to fit two bags, shoes, etc. in my trunk.
Haha. If I can get more than two of us with clubs, it's too big...

My 1 series fits two of us with clubs and I love it

I guarantee they will ditch them after the initial year release, they don't even seem ergonomic.
If they ditch them (doubtful) it would probably 2-3 years in with any facelift or anything

We have a guy in our company with an MKZ. We make him drive to lunch every time. This is a sweet car. Class in and out. I had an 09 Navigator. It rode like a dream on the highway.It drank gas like a drunken sailor but boy it was nice. I have looked at deals on one year old MKZ's. Smart buy.
Between that and pushing a button to put it into gear, and I dont think I can go back. Then add the comfort of the seats and the smooth and quiet ride of the Lincoln and I am in love.

Very Jag like.That may not be a bad thing.The front ends of Lincolns have been a bone of contention on some models.I kinda like that they are going for something different.
If you didn't already know...new front end for the upcoming 2017 MKZ looks like this....
2017-Lincoln-MKZ-1031-876x535.jpg

And here is the 2017 Continental

Of note:
The door handles do not have conventional hand pockets; instead, the chrome beltline molding curves out to form the handle, and the latch is electronic.
30 way (yes 30) adjustable seats
The Continental is a five-seater, and both outboard rear-seat positions offer heating, cooling, recline, and massage functions.
The Continental will be offered in four trim levels: Premiere, Select, Reserve, and Black Label.
It will have the expected driver aids: adaptive cruise control, forward-collision warning with automatic braking and pedestrian detection, lane-keep assist, a 360-degree-view camera, and automated parking (parallel and perpendicular, both in and out).
Ford’s latest Sync 3 system will be standard, as will Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability.

Here is what it will look like....

2017-Lincoln-Continental-103-876x535.jpg

Interior front...

2017-Lincoln-Continental-113-876x535.jpg

Interior back...

2017-Lincoln-Continental-115-876x535.jpg

Agreed. What a boat anchor that engine is.

My buddy is a VW/Audi mechanic, they have 5 cars outside with the 2.0T in them needing engine replacements. It's insane.

Ghost, I have owned a 2013 golf comfortline for two years and am just over a year with a focus SE, I can answer if you have any specific questions about them, even if they are a bit older models.

to me the golf is head and shoulders above the focus in pretty much every category. looks are a wash imo, my wife prefers the Focus and I prefer the golf, but everything else, goes to the Golf. 6.7 l/100 to 7.3 for the focus. (bare in mind, I had the old 2.5 liter, they say the new engines are even better) comfort, driving pleasure, visibility etc

clubs wont fin in any of their trunks.

Appreciate the feedback Martin. I'm a bit of a VW fanboy as well, so glad to hear the positives about the Golf. I'm not buying until April/May so have a couple of months to think about it and test the market. Really want to hear what is going to happen to the 2015 TDI's sitting on dealer lots. Hoping for some good incentives and possibly purchase new, which at this time, probably isn't an option.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I made especially sure on this when I bought my last car. Pulled the clubs out of my old car, walked over to the new one, made sure they fit, and then proceeded with the test drive.

Golf clubs fitting in the car properly was the first thing I looked for.

Very Jag like.That may not be a bad thing.The front ends of Lincolns have been a bone of contention on some models.I kinda like that they are going for something different.

I've been saying that for years, myself. This new Lincoln logo mesh grill is a BIG step in a good direction, IMO. I've read a few articles that say Ford promises 12 new global performance vehicles through 2020, but as of now there is only the Ford GT, Focus RS, Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang and F-150 Raptor. Sooooo, that's 7. I'm beginning to wonder if Lincoln will make a Sport Coupe, as that's a segment they've really never touched.

I
CTN_1_billboard_1C.jpg

iT LOOKS LIKE THIS IS A GO FOR LATER THIS YEAR.

I just skimmed this thread but does anyone know if the new Ford Bronco is actually real or just concept? I keep seeing pictures but can't find an actual statement.

I just skimmed this thread but does anyone know if the new Ford Bronco is actually real or just concept? I keep seeing pictures but can't find an actual statement.

The earliest we will probably see this is 2018, but if it does come around it will probably be more like a 2019 or 2020 model year.

Believe it or not we get 4 bags and 4 guys in a 2013 Honda CRV EX-L comfortably!

The earliest we will probably see this is 2018, but if it does come around it will probably be more like a 2019 or 2020 model year.

Good, I need one

Good, I need one

When the time comes around, if it looks like a good model, you let me know the color and options you want and I'll get one ordered for you, no question!

Back