The Car Shopping Thread

Speaking of cars…it’s time to start looking to replace our Lexus GX460 that has 164k miles on it. Wife was talking Bronco and I gagged a bit or an Infinity SUV.

I need to start doing some research.
We loved our jeep grand Cherokee L . So since you re looking at an infinity ,look the summit

I am in the process of getting a new vehicle now and it is the absolute worst. The payment per month the car dealer presented made me pass out. These prices are ridiculously high!!

• GMC Acadia lease is up in Jan 2024
  • I am out about 5K miles over my allotted amount currently
  • Roughly $480/month current payment
My man said I can get you into a 2024 Acadia for $700/month lease!!! C'mon man.... I also told him I did not like the Acadia and I did not want to get into another one. He obviously did not listen to me.
I would love a bigger SUV like a Yukon but that payment scares me as well, I think it was almost $1K/month. I do not know what to do. Hold onto January, turn the vehicle in, and cut a check for the mileage plus wear and tear, or go to a different GMC dealership and see what they can do with the current lease. I was thinking of holding on until January, turning the car in, and starting fresh with another car manufacturer. I think I should buy instead of lease this time as I can rack up the miles.
Do you always lease?

I had to laugh at Tesla sending me an email offering to transfer my lifetime free Supercharging if I bought a new Model S, X, or Y. They value my 2015 Model S at $8,300 on trade, not even enough to cover the sales tax and license/registration on a new one.

I can’t even buy a decent golf cart for $8300:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I had to laugh at Tesla sending me an email offering to transfer my lifetime free Supercharging to a new Tesla if I bought a new one. They value my 2015 Model S at $8,300 on trade, not even enough to cover the sales tax and license/registration on a new one.

shark tank deal GIF by CBC

I had to laugh at Tesla sending me an email offering to transfer my lifetime free Supercharging to a new Tesla if I bought a new one. They value my 2015 Model S at $8,300 on trade, not even enough to cover the sales tax and license/registration on a new one.

I mean... what mileage 400000? Sheesh

145,000 miles but Tesla replaced the $15,000 battery 18 months ago under warranty.
Boom, new Car and still has Free SCharge... take that Musk

145,000 miles but Tesla replaced the $15,000 battery 18 months ago under warranty.
Looking to "maybe" get a 2015-16 S with Air Suspension (Wife has hard time getting in low Cars) and free S Charge, what kind of miles do you get in 20 min at highest rate before it tapers. I have read all about Software updates that slowed SCharge on these Cars.

Looking to "maybe" get a 2015-16 S with Air Suspension (Wife has hard time getting in low Cars) and free S Charge, what kind of miles do you get in 20 min at highest rate before it tapers. I have read all about Software updates that slowed SCharge on these Cars.
I don’t charge often at Superchargers but last time I did I got about 95 miles in 20 minutes. That 95 miles of indicated range is more like 80 miles of range the way I drive and more like 60 miles in the cold of winter. The Tesla charger in my garage adds 56 miles per hour and after 80% charge that rate slows. I don’t take long trips in mine, the longest is 140 miles to our cabin where we also have a charger. One thing I really enjoy is not having to go to the gas station. Every morning I wake up with a full tank.

Hhhhm, so 20 gets you 1:30 of driving...Ouch.

Well we’re officially going to look at a Bronco Big Bend tomorrow. One hit the lot at a pretty nice price point and the dealer called my fiancée and sounded pretty desperate to get her car. Hopefully we can work something out

I leased a 2024 KIA Soul GT line today. Pearl white with all the bells and whistles. Love it.

I leased a 2024 KIA Soul GT line today. Pearl white with all the bells and whistles. Love it.
I've mentioned here before that I would look at one but for me, it's a bit too small. I love the look of it though.

(Wife has hard time getting in low Cars)
There is a trick says former Corvette owner: Face away from the seat and just sit down. Works wonders. Getting out is another story.

Destiny 2 Help GIF by Xbox

There is a trick says former Corvette owner: Face away from the seat and just sit down. Works wonders. Getting out is another story.

Destiny 2 Help GIF by Xbox
She has Neropathy

Well the Big Bend we went to see was sold so we went to another dealer to look at an Outerbanks. Long story short, the dealer put us in a decked out version because the one we were interested in wasn’t delivered yet. The fiancée fell in love and we don’t have a deal yet but I think we will end up pulling the trigger.

72004953138__90E22E47-449F-40FD-9B7B-3424DDEF0218.jpeg

Well the Big Bend we went to see was sold so we went to another dealer to look at an Outerbanks. Long story short, the dealer put us in a decked out version because the one we were interested in wasn’t delivered yet. The fiancée fell in love and we don’t have a deal yet but I think we will end up pulling the trigger.

View attachment 9216763
The OB is damn nice. I have a 2023 with 11,000 miles on it now and love it.

Attachments

• IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 7
The OB is damn nice. I have a 2023 with 11,000 miles on it now and love it.
We drove a lesser equipped one at the first dealer and it was whatever but this one was really really nice. It has the gray and blue interior which we both loved as well

We’re about $35/m away from where we want to be which is the very top of our budget. Dealer has not moved , which I get given demand. Going to wait until late Monday and see if they come back to us. If not then there are some decisions to make

Bought a 2024 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition two weeks ago. Used to be in Procurement and bought dozens of vehicles for our company. Tough to negotiate these days but still have enough skills to get a decent deal.

It was a very busy week which spread into the weekend with life coming at us from all angles. Couldn’t work out a deal on the silver Bronco so we stopped into another dealer that had what we were looking for. Ended up working out a really nice deal and took it home the same day. It blew my mind how difficult it was to find a V6 Outer banks with leather

IMG_5193.jpeg

I had a chance to test drive the new Ferrari Purosangue yesterday. If your budget is over $500k and you can wait until 2025 to take delivery this may be for you.

It would easily fit 2 golf bags with the back seats down.

IMG_5700.jpeg

IMG_5696.jpeg

Back