Tour Event The Chevron Championship (LPGA Major)

*Range Rat

Chop since 1977
Reaction score
Handicap
poor skill
April 18 - 21 from the Club at Carlton Woods, The Woodlands TX, par 72, 6824 yds, Lilia Vu defending
The course underwent major renovations after last years championship; all 18 greens were re-done to USGA standards & several bunkers were reworked & moved closer to the greens
The winner gets the Dinah Shore trophy & continues the tradition of jumping into the 18th hole greenside pond

CCW.jpg

Marquee Pairings for Thurs/Friday:
Early/Late - Lydia Ko, Lexi Thompson, Brooke Henderson
Late/Early - Nelly Korda, Minjee Lee, Lilia Vu

Although I understand why it was done, I was not a fan of this event being moved from the course where it had been played every year. I will always associate the event with Colgate, Dinah Shore and Mission Hills..

I hope they've cleaned up the pond.
Last year it looked like someone's fishing hole.

American journeywoman Lauren Coughlin takes the lead after a 6 under 66, two shots clear of Marina Alex & Nelly Korda who are T2nd

Two musings… 1) I was not a fan of the relocation of the tournament, either. There was a lot of tradition and history at Rancho Mirage.
And 2) I have been a So Yeon Ryu fan for many years. She has been a classy competitor. Best wishes for her and her future.

Nelly out there making it look too easy.

Standard bearer for this group IMG_6340.jpegIMG_6337.jpeg

Rose is the group before me IMG_6342.jpeg

Looks nice & dewy, should be a great day.

IMG_6346.jpegIMG_6344.jpeg

Nelly getting up close & personal with some Texas gunch on #14

Done for the day Very cool experience

Ronnie Yin signed ball IMG_6353.jpeg

IMG_6352.jpegIMG_6348.jpegIMG_6349.jpegIMG_6351.jpeg
Alisen Corpuz hit it to 2 feet on this hole

Nelly and Thitikul which is pronounced Thiitkuw the L is silent in last paring.
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

I guess the featured group coverage of knight and Grant is all we get this morning

They're showing all the shots from 2 groups, much better than nothing. When other groups tee off they will start showing them as well, at least they said they would - the group with Lydia at least.

Back