The Countdown is Here!

Matt, the 11i is like a pitching wedge, the 10i is like a stronger pitching wedge I guess? I’m not sure!

The 11 is like an old school PW in loft, and the 10 is 44 or so I think. AW is 52 and SW 56.

Don't know what you're talking about friend! All I saw was Ddec and that Triton driver, which I'm curious how the Honma one compared to the others people have been gaming. Way lighter? Did it react better to smoother swings? Could it handle all the speed you threw at it?

The whole line leans light - and long - the driver is slightly longer than 46”. Smoother is definitely better but I took a few aggressive cuts today and got some good results. It wants to go high for sure but I really didn’t think it was all that much higher than the XR16.

The short irons were really the only thing that gave me trouble on course to start just because of the weight difference. A few bladed shots on the front 9.

The first swing I took with the 5i on the range was probably one of the most well struck balls I have ever hit with a long iron. That’s a fun club.

What a fantastic day with Countdown winner mpeterson. Being able to present a set of clubs like this to a lucky THPer was pretty special.

We will have more coming from this one soon.

Looking forward to more pics, vids, and a recap of the whole experience. That really was an exotic and premium set of golf clubs, seriously impressed!

The Countdown is Here!

These clubs flat out performed for me today. I hit some great iron shots, including sticking one to a foot on a par 3. And the driver is super forgiving across the face.

Plus, getting to decide between hitting a 10 and 11 iron is just fun.

A million thanks to THP and Honma.

Congrats again MP. Honma and THP with the mega delivery here. Can only imagine your reaction unwrapping these clubs and going to play in a scramble shortly after. Glad you're getting accustomed to the new clubs and launching them :golf:

I haven't been able to swing a club for the last few days, but I do love seeing this bag in the garage whenever I pull in.

I've been able to get out with these another time, and I have a bunch to say about the line.

Haven't been able to be around all that much, but putting together some thoughts for review threads. Is there anything people want to know about the irons/woods that I didn't cover, or missed in the flurry of this amazing day?

I've been able to get out with these another time, and I have a bunch to say about the line.

Haven't been able to be around all that much, but putting together some thoughts for review threads. Is there anything people want to know about the irons/woods that I didn't cover, or missed in the flurry of this amazing day?

Your full video should be out next week as well. Its a lot of fun putting that together.

How forgiving are they on your misses?

Your full video should be out next week as well. Its a lot of fun putting that together.

Can't wait, it was such a great day

How forgiving are they on your misses?

Among the most forgiving irons I've played. It's an odd comparison, given the construction/price/etc., but the PING G series is not a bad comp - little smaller in every dimension, but it's a similar sole design - thick sole with a bunch of relief to play thinner. The one thing I'll say is that I'm finding them to spin more (loft for loft) than a lot of recent GI irons do. I hit a couple balls way out on the toe during my round the other day and ended up pin high.

Can you dedicate a review thread to the headcovers - thanks in advance

Looking forward to that, especially since I missed the live video and the current version cuts off in the middle of unwrapping the goods.

Big win for Honma on the LPGA tour last weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back