The Disney World Thread

The 5 minute walk from beach club to world showcase and skyliner has me rethinking every future Disney vacation.
It’s definitely my favorite resort

the genie+/LL system seemed to be much smoother this time than the last time we were out there.

Despite the crowds we were pretty much able to do everything we wanted outside of maybe one ride per day (seven dwarfs/test track). and probably could have done that as well if we weren't prioritizing other things. longest wait in line was maybe 30-40 minutes and that was only once or twice. we even forgot to do the early virtual queue the first day for tron and still got a spot in the 2nd queue.

So it looks like Disney is going to happen sooner rather than later. Any one have tips on best time to go / best pricing? Hoping for some tips before we reach out to a Disney travel agent to get things going. My wife went on a girls trip last September and stayed at Coronado Springs and really liked it. Thing we are hoping for 5 days / 4 nights with 3 days of park passes. Also would like a good dining experience since my daughter has life threatening food allergies and have read that they are top notch handling that.

So it looks like Disney is going to happen sooner rather than later. Any one have tips on best time to go / best pricing? Hoping for some tips before we reach out to a Disney travel agent to get things going. My wife went on a girls trip last September and stayed at Coronado Springs and really liked it. Thing we are hoping for 5 days / 4 nights with 3 days of park passes. Also would like a good dining experience since my daughter has life threatening food allergies and have read that they are top notch handling that.
We went during the first week of October in 2021. It was still hot then. I would recommend going late Oct/ early Nov. Cinderella's Castle, Be Our Guest, and Ohana were my favorite of the restaurants we tried.

They're great with food allergies. My wife has a gluten allergy and has had zero problems in the parks or cruise line. Very accommodating and helpful.

For best prices avoid major holidays. And even some minor holidays. But you won't pay a penny more using a travel agent, so if you have a local person good with Disney, no reason not to use them.

We went during the first week of October in 2021. It was still hot then. I would recommend going late Oct/ early Nov. Cinderella's Castle, Be Our Guest, and Ohana were my favorite of the restaurants we tried.

I was a bit worried about Halloween time being super busy there... My eldest has a bday at the beginning of November so that could work pretty well.

They're great with food allergies. My wife has a gluten allergy and has had zero problems in the parks or cruise line. Very accommodating and helpful.

For best prices avoid major holidays. And even some minor holidays. But you won't pay a penny more using a travel agent, so if you have a local person good with Disney, no reason not to use them.

I'm hoping for a lower attendance time frame. We have had quite a few different recommendations for agents that deal only in Disney, just need to pick one I guess.

I will say that my preferred housing if I’m to stay on Disney property is either an Epcot-area or Monorail hotel. Much easier to get around because non-bus transportation will take you to three out of four parks easily. We usually stay in the Swan, Dolphin or Swan Reserve because we are both Platinum Elite Marriott Bonvoy members and use points. We haven’t paid for a Disney hotel room in a couple of years because of our accumulated points. They’re all part of the Epcot hotel complex, so Epcot and Hollywood Studios are in walking distance, with Magic Kingdom being just a Monorail ride away from Epcot.

We’ll be at the Dolphin again on January 20th after we disembark from Disney Fantasy.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I saw something on IG about Disney+ members eating free in the park. Is this true or do I need to punch whoever created that reel and got me excited? lol

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I saw something on IG about Disney+ members eating free in the park. Is this true or do I need to punch whoever created that reel and got me excited? lol

Disney+ Subscribers: Enjoy a FREE dining plan when you purchase a nondiscounted 4-night, 4-day Walt Disney Travel Company package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and a theme park ticket with a Park Hopper option—for arrivals most nights from July 1 to September 30, 2024.

Disney+ Subscribers: Enjoy a FREE dining plan when you purchase a nondiscounted 4-night, 4-day Walt Disney Travel Company package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and a theme park ticket with a Park Hopper option—for arrivals most nights from July 1 to September 30, 2024.​

Well that puts us out because we buy discounted tickets through the military. Thanks Disney. lol

I really like going in September. The crowds are lower, prices cheaper.

We were just there and every restaurant asked if we had any food allergies. That said, if you really want a good food experience I would recommend California Grill at Contemporary. I love that place. The view is nice or go when the fireworks is on, the atmosphere, and the food are all just perfect for what my wife and I enjoy.

Well that puts us out because we buy discounted tickets through the military. Thanks Disney. lol
The free dining deal isn't always a deal. Paying full price for tickets and hotel is often more than you'd pay if you got a hotel and ticket deal and paid full for food depending on how you eat in the parks.

Yeah, always a catch with things like this. Plus we don't think we'll be doing the Hopper Pass, pick a park for the 3 days we will be there and get it scheduled. I did see they removed the "Reservations" for park entry that was implemented during covid.

Yeah, always a catch with things like this. Plus we don't think we'll be doing the Hopper Pass, pick a park for the 3 days we will be there and get it scheduled. I did see they removed the "Reservations" for park entry that was implemented during covid.
Oh glad they finally removed the reservations park entry. We usually do the park hopper pass for just the passes, but then stayed on resort last year due to convenience and I wont be doing it any other way. So much nicer when you close the parks down.

Oh glad they finally removed the reservations park entry. We usually do the park hopper pass for just the passes, but then stayed on resort last year due to convenience and I wont be doing it any other way. So much nicer when you close the parks down.
Unfortunately us Annual Pass holders have to worry about reservations still, unless it’s a Good To Go day. 🫤

Put in a request to start planning. How long do you wait for a response from an agent before moving on? Filled out a form 3 days ago and not a peep, thinking of reaching out to another of the top 3 that were recommended to us.

Put in a request to start planning. How long do you wait for a response from an agent before moving on? Filled out a form 3 days ago and not a peep, thinking of reaching out to another of the top 3 that were recommended to us.
That seems like a while. But weather has sucked, or maybe travelling... Still, putting out that second request is not a bad idea. Just have to tell one of them thanks but no thanks at some point.

That seems like a while. But weather has sucked, or maybe travelling... Still, putting out that second request is not a bad idea. Just have to tell one of them thanks but no thanks at some point.
Second request responded within 10 mins and already have a plan and 3 different options. Think I'm placing a deposit before Friday.

I've been there a couple times with work previously. This looks to be about 3 hours away from where we're staying so I am considering taking the family.

My thoughts are currently get up early and drive there - play all day, eat dinner and then get a hotel for the evening on the road back instead of in the city.

It has been so long, any tips or advice for bringing a couple of toddlers from anyone?

Just placed my deposit on a 5 days trip in Nov. 3 days of park passes and staying at Coronado Springs Resort. Going to tell the daughters (13 & 7) about a week before the trip which will happen 2 days after my eldest's bday.

I've been there a couple times with work previously. This looks to be about 3 hours away from where we're staying so I am considering taking the family.

My thoughts are currently get up early and drive there - play all day, eat dinner and then get a hotel for the evening on the road back instead of in the city.

It has been so long, any tips or advice for bringing a couple of toddlers from anyone?
With 2 toddlers, it might be better to get that room the night before. That way you can get up early enough to do "rope drop". Google about rope drop and you will be able to do so much more in the morning with the toddlers and then if you need to leave early that would be easier to do.

With 2 toddlers, it might be better to get that room the night before. That way you can get up early enough to do "rope drop". Google about rope drop and you will be able to do so much more in the morning with the toddlers and then if you need to leave early that would be easier to do.
That was my initial suggestion, was room play and let everyone else sleep on the drive back - I was veto'd but maybe this will help convince otherwise.

I appreciate that comment.

For those Disney experts, if I want to rent DVC points to try and save some money on hotel what sites do you recommend?

For those Disney experts, if I want to rent DVC points to try and save some money on hotel what sites do you recommend?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - it’s awesome but only bus transportation places.

Boulder Ridge/Wilderness Lodge - Great resort and plenty of options for transportation everywhere.

Those are my top two.

Back