The Gap Wedge - What is your preference?

I've never actually had a set GW.

100% going back to bladed after two days subbing in for my set GW.

I played around with a non-set GW last summer, but went back to my set wedge. I just feel more comfortable hitting full shots with the set GW.

Blade wedges only for this guy

I use the set gap wedge which is a continuation of my iron set. ... 9 iron, 10 iron (PW), 11 iron (GW).

My GW matches my set but that could change after an upcoming fitting

I have always had a blade wedge.. but with the quest cup I decided to try out the Set GW... so far I have only used it a couple times. So no real opinion on this yet

So does everyone who carries four wedges have all bladed? My PW and GW match.

Doubt I'm the norm (and I know I have 5 not 4):

Set PW @41*
Set AW @46*
Set GW @51*
Blade SW @56*
Blade LW @60*

A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Set GW/AW if it's available, as that is still very much a full swing biased slot for me.

However, I will say that with iron lofts getting lower overall, I need more wedges to fill the bottom bag gaps properly down to 60*. So I kind of end up with an AW AND a bladed gap wedge at 52*.

Set gaps never seem to work for me and I've tried through multiple different sets.

As for replacement, I've gone with both lesser pronounced cavity backs or blades. Both work well for me, no real preference there.

Nah, a lot of people play 4 with two set and two blades.

I have 5 wedges right now.. Is that too many? lol.

The Gap wedges is a blade wedge. It performed flawless yesterday. I played probably my best round of the year.

I really like the gap spot to be a blade as I like to use that around the green a lot to get the ball on the surface quickly. I have used a few set gap wedges and I feel like they give me to much speed off the face for a little bump and run and I become more inconstant with little 30-40 feet bumps.

My hollow-body set AW is the loft of my previous pitching wedge, so I added a blade GW between it and my sand wedge. I have since replaced it with a cavity back P770 GW of the same loft. So far it seems to be working out.

Used to be a set gap wedge, but I think I may roll with a Vokey sm9 this year to try something different

The irons I currently play (MP18 MMC) don't have a set gap wedge, so it's blade for me.

I prefer the set GW now, 8 years ago my answer would have been different.

Back