CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2021 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

Based on the selector I get the Chrome Soft as my first choice, but I decided to go with the CSX. I am seeing longer distances off the tee and gives me the greenside spin I need to be aggressive with my short game

1618418252909.png

I assumed that Chrome Soft would be the selectors choice for me and voila it was! Although personal preference I would add it in yellow with TT.
IMG_0333.jpg

I always liked the regular Chrome Soft and picked it. That’s what it fit me to

F396FDE6-D687-4CEC-991F-6CF3719AC2B4.png

I've been enjoying the Chrome Soft X LS and that's what I'd play.

Screenshot_20210414-114044_Samsung Internet.jpg

Already on the team, so I won't include a screenshot, but I want to join in!

I'm currently using the CSx LS TT Yellow so that or CSx TT (now in yellow!!!) would be my choice here

I used the selector tool and my priority three on the ball traits in order were: Distance, Greenside Control, and because it's a game changer for my putting, Alignment Aid. Selector came up with CSx TT for me! Just the standard white so I'd just swap it out with yellow anyway :)

Chrome Soft would have been my choice. I have played this ball in the past and really like the Truvis versions.

After using the ball selector tool, it was determined that Chrome Soft was the ball recommended for me.

9D5660C6-C1C8-4727-99AD-724F0E34274C.png

I would select the Chrome Soft X LS. Based on the chart I think that would be the best ball for my game.

I was fit into Chrome Soft balls. I think I may need to rethink what ball I am playing. I know I need to do a ball fitting. I actually am going to do that next once I get my irons.

1618418938401.png

Love to see Grandaddy contests again. The online tool went 1.CSX 2.CS and the CSX has been what I’ve played the last few years.

I did order some of the 2020 standard CS and am going to do some on course testing to see which I prefer now that the balls are more different.

I'm on that distance line of what ball I think I would need, but I would choose the Chrome Soft for a little softer feel over the CSX but could game either I'd think.

Callaway Golf Ball Selector would agree...

GD.JPG

Huge Thanks to THP & Callaway for another year of The Grandaddy of em All. Good Luck Everyone!!

Last edited:
Recommend Chromesoft for me which is now making me have an internal debate in my head because I love playing Chromesoft X and thought for sure that's what it would fit me for.

Back to lab for me. LOL. I really want to try some LS too.

1618420130508.png

I was thinking that the new Chrome Soft X LS would be my ball of choice.

The selector first gave me was the Supersoft Magna, second one was the Chrome Soft
ff1d91795cdae9034dee115a70585ec7.jpg

1bc32bd90132ad6357e8eea92cbac5d1.jpg

Thought for sure I’d be in the new LS. Like dead sure.

A38444B2-8194-4C1F-895B-1A1B7710AB18.png

My HC being too low for my current abilities probably factored into it heavily. Surprise!

I've been wanting to try the new soft x ls as I typically play the tp5x. The tool is suggesting the standard chrome soft to me so looks like I should give that a go as well!

Screenshot_20210414-131854_Chrome.jpg

Having gone through a driver fitting recently and seeing all the things we were doing to try to cut down on the spin, I would have chosen the Chrome Soft LS before using the tool. The tool put me into the Chrome Soft which would make sense also given the inputs.

408E5B8B-DDB5-4B04-B9A6-025721F5E5C2.png

I have played the CSx after finding one last week and really liked it. Before trying the online selector that is what I would have picked. Looks like the ChromeSoft is the ball for me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.20.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.20.26 PM.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
I always choose the Regular Chrome Soft and the selector chose:
86D3366D-9A6E-48A5-AEA7-D0BB94F77834.jpeg

Chrome soft would be the ball I would think would be best. It is a ball I’m very familiar with as I use it 99% of the time. I selected my top needs for a ball to be soft, distance, and straight flight.

The online tool selected ChromeSoft!

Thanks for the opportunity and good luck everyone!

3B00BF99-2655-4713-979D-80B011E7EA7A.jpeg

These results are interesting. Absolutely no one has been fit into the CSX LS.

Has anyone fit to the LS yet and I've just missed it?
After I didn't get it, I tried to artificially make it show up and have been unable to. I'd guess it may not be on there, but I didn't try everything

After I didn't get it, I tried to artificially make it show up and have been unable to. I'd guess it may not be on there, but I didn't try everything
That's interesting. Not sure why they wouldn't put it up there, especially with it being their newest addition to the CS lineup.

I love the Chrome Soft, so I wasn't surprised when it was the recommended ball for me.

1618422550049.png

Not sure why they wouldn't put it up there,
That was just a guess. Like I said, I didn't make a ton of combinations on the ball traits page but I made a few and wasn't able to get it to come up along with a zero cap and long drives lol

Prior to heading to the all selector tool, I chose the Callaway Chrome Soft X

the selector just gave me this:

080A0F35-B9EF-4643-B168-008BCF2D36C9.png

best of luck everyone!

I have a couple dozen ERC Soft Triple Track waiting to be unleashed once the weather breaks.
Expected Chrome soft and the fitting tool placed me in Chrome Soft

1618422431126.png

Back