CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2021 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I picked the Chrome Soft X and the online selector concurred:
ball fitting.PNG

I would have thought the CSX would have been my recommendation, but it matched me with the Chrome Soft.

1618423166832.png

I seem to have an issue with the driver being to "spinny", so I would choose the Chrome Soft X LS. But...

1618423156695.png

I would have picked the Chrome Soft X the selector tool picked the Chrome Soft which i have played and liked. Trying balls with the new Epic Max Ls to see what goes well with it and will get some Chrome Softs to compare with the Chrome Soft LS i just picked up to give a shot. Previously had success with the Taylor Made TP5 X which is why i would have chosen the Chrome Soft X. Along with the new driver im putting the work in with the Superspeed System and hope those and the right ball match will produce some good results. Its interesting comparing various balls to see how they perform for where my swing is.CCA6315F-A2A0-4BB7-A28E-260B00B26B85.png

Here we go for the Granddaddy! Amazing opportunity for a lucky THP'ER!

My ball choice before using selector would be a toss up between:
ERC Soft TT - have been using for a while, love the feel & alignment is super easy without having to stencil on anything.

Or

Chrome Soft - have used older versions of this and it plays really well, feels awesome off the putter & around the green with good driver distance and feel.

& selector says

Screenshot_20210414-121615_Chrome.jpg

I thought I would get the Chrome Soft X and gosh darn it, I was right! Callaway Ball.png

Before using the selection tool I thought I should be playing the Chrome Soft, which I actually do now in the Yellow Truvis!

It may have been the third choice, but at least it confirms what I should be playing is what I am playing!
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 1.35.11 PM.png

Actually i have been trying out the Chrome Soft LS so i would have to say that would be my choice, here is what i got on the selector:
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 1.37.15 PM.png
and now the waiting.....

Get those entires in... I PROMISE this event will change your life.

Knowledge on ball fit and technology sure thing!

Granddaddy opportunity! Sounds amazing!

I thought I would be fit into Chrome Soft and sure enough... seems like an expert fit.

1618426446128.png

This just added some needed excitement to my day!

I've played with some Chrome Soft X balls recently and liked the feel and performance. And that is what the tool gave me. :)

1618426683969.png

Awesome contest

Good luck everyone!!!

I had picked the chrome soft X prior but got
DF9692CE-0DFF-461B-B245-A558CC7BED17.png
Looks like I need to try these instead.

Little bit of a surprise for me as I figured it would recommend a Chrome Soft X, but here we are!

Good luck all! Thank you THP and Callaway for the opportunity.

86162E69-EA98-4108-A47B-AF8E7472A65A.jpeg

I was guessing it would select chrome soft x OR XLS. I have played the regular Chrome softs before and did not play well with them.

Screenshot (3).png

I would have selected nthe Chrome Soft and that is indeed what tht online fitting tool recommend for me.Screenshot_20210414-152305_Chrome.jpg

Chromesoft would be my choice and that is what the online tool selected for me as well. Chromesoft.JPG

My initial pick: CS X LS

My Selector Tool pick: CS (I chose the yellow TT version from the 3 options). Honestly after playing the CS, CS X, and CS X LS, I do prefer the feel of the CS with irons, around greens, and putting. 👍

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 1.29.20 PM.png

I use alignment lines on the tee and the green. Combining that with my (lack of) swing speed and a preference for a softer feel screams Chrome Soft Triple Track.

Let's play...

1618427577512.png

My go to was the yellow truvis chrome soft, which was selected. I do toy with the x triple track.33AF6071-0A17-494B-8F39-D68FE0AA1A17.jpeg

Last edited:
I figured it would come up with ChromeSoft and I was right.

Callaway Ball Selection.jpg

My go to was the yellow truvis chrome soft, which was selected. I do toy with the x triple track.
If entering, make sure you get the screen shot

Chrome Soft was my guess as that’s what I have played in TruVis in the past and enjoyed. Gives me the response I need on the green and is juicy soft.

Callaway knows me well, as that’s what I was fitted into through the site!

7798287C-B59F-4E27-9324-9E3FF995CDAB.jpeg

Back