The Grandaddy 2019 Suggestion Box

I know its extremely hard in the middle of an event to shoot pictures and post but if during the down time or fittings it would be cool to see a little more video content.

This is something you guys have already discussed but if you plan on taking and posting a lot of pictures I would recommend practicing ahead of time taking a picture, blurring parts of it out (such as Equipment that can't be seen) and then posting it. It can take a bit to get used to the process depending how you do it.

Well THP, time keeps flying by and we have less than two months to go until the big show!

On behalf of TeamTHP2019, I’d like to thank every one of you for following along with the amazing “journey” threads, the warmup threads, @tomcat ’s amazing meet the team thread, @dacatalyst41 and @KEV ’s truly incredible interviews, and various others. Your engagement is a huge motivating factor and keeps us striving to make this the best Grandaddy yet.

We need some help, though.

If you’ve followed along with previous teams, you know what a whirlwind the event is, and they’ve all done incredible jobs of bringing content to the forum. We want to do make it even better for all of you following along, because honestly, you will all be there with us in spirit.

So we ask of you, THP, what can we do to make this ride even better? Let’s get the conversation started.
I love the team’s intent.

Believe me, things get moving so fast ... just be sure to look at the world with your naked eyes every once in a while instead of through the camera lense too much. This is truly such a once in a lifetime opportunity you want to be sure to take it in for yourselves, too.

We gotta have more fun than just blurring on a few. Golf Mop

1570672282122.jpeg

Live scorecards are always a fun follow for us following along at home. I know it requires someone just doing the scoring but seeing the numbers makes for great conversation with everyone in and out of the event and recaps are a fun discussion.

What kind of video content would you like to see? This is something I’m really keen to work on.

This is the hardest part because posting unedited video which is all you have time to do is a crap shoot and you have to self edit because the subject of the video might not even be aware it was shot.

Any short interviews pre or after fittings info on what they the got vs what they thought they would be put into.

Wrestling Style Promos also accepted.

This is the hardest part because posting unedited video which is all you have time to do is a crap shoot and you have to self edit because the subject of the video might not even be aware it was shot.

Any short interviews pre or after fittings info on what they the got vs what they thought they would be put into.

All good requests, but remember the embargoes. Video and photos are very dangerous. It can be hard to talk about the fittings when you can’t name or discuss products. As a practical matter there isn’t a lot of time to stand off to the side and do video. Don’t mean to be a wet towel, just sharing.

Would there be any interest in a post embargo follow up containing some if this content?

We obviously have to honor the embargoes. But, I was thinking about the semantics of a post embargo recap on some of these things. A video or series of pics that can be used to tell a story of the fitting process.

Body cam footage

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nightly video recaps. Clayton killed it last year and so did Kev.

Get used to the scoring formats and updating after every hole. Really should be as much as:

Summary of hole: Hit 8i from 161, put it 10ft under the hole. ZC shanked two in the water and conceded birdie.

Team THP 1u thru 4, etc. Make it as simple as possible for whomever is running the online scoreboards.

As far as video uploading, keep in mind that signal out there is somewhere between garbage and sh*$and videos can be a bear to upload when they’re long. Sometimes it’s better to let the photos say it than the videos, unless they’re about 10 seconds long.

Get used to the scoring formats and updating after every hole. Really should be as much as:

Summary of hole: Hit 8i from 161, put it 10ft under the hole. ZC shanked two in the water and conceded birdie.

Team THP 1u thru 4, etc. Make it as simple as possible for whomever is running the online scoreboards.

As far as video uploading, keep in mind that signal out there is somewhere between garbage and sh*$and videos can be a bear to upload when they’re long. Sometimes it’s better to let the photos say it than the videos, unless they’re about 10 seconds long.

We literally talked ab this today and are on the exact same page as you!

Just a quick heads up guys. We spoke to the team at Callaway about content last week at their HQ.
There will be a lot of things not able to be shown to the world yet, so video is very tough on the fly. If I were a participant, I would leave that part to myself and @mikeg_74 as we are there to support the team. Speaking on fittings without discussing the gear is also a hard thing, but there will be plenty to talk about.

Work on posting about the experience and about what you can. Work on using the mobile browser as it keeps pictures in native format, rather than down-res just about everything post event or even erase it.

Most importantly, work on having fun. There will be people on the team that post a lot, some that don't and some that don't post anything. Everybody has good intentions, that is just the nature of the beast. Support the community the best way possible, with info when you have it and can, being a good ambassador to THP and having a great time.

Thanks for the great advice @JB ! I just know as a viewer I always wanted “more” on fitting but unfortunately I guess that’s the nature of the beast with NDAs, the embargo’s, etc.

That being said I’m going to try and get some pics of trackman data and let the forum know this was 7 iron, this was driver, etc.

Thanks for the great advice @JB ! I just know as a viewer I always wanted “more” on fitting but unfortunately I guess that’s the nature of the beast with NDAs, the embargo’s, etc.

That being said I’m going to try and get some pics of trackman data and let the forum know this was 7 iron, this was driver, etc.

Definitely. I think that can be a lot of fun. That day is a whirlwind, but I know the good updaters can find a way to share that gives great info to go along with some secrecy.

We’ll find the right level of balance and keep all of THP active and engaged.

I have an idea on how to bring more to the community in regards to the fittings that will provide a quick perspective on what the gear is and at the same time keeping in line with the NDA and not discussing/showing embargoed goodness that will be blowing the team away.

TAKE ME WITH YOUUUUUU!
That would help me tremendously.

I think the fitting is such a big part of the experience that I want to share as much about it as I can. I can completely understand the difficulty of taking videos during the already hectic process. I can also appreciate Callaway being apprehensive about someone taking a video around so much pre-release gear. The last thing I would want to do is put the event in jeopardy by accidentally giving everyone a sneak peak of something I shouldn't. So, I will default any fitting video/picture content to @JB and @mikeg_74.

I do plan on following in the footsteps of @j_sizzle9. I will try to capture ball flight data to share during the process. Also, my hope is to do a recap that evening. Share my thoughts, some numbers, and an overview of how the process played out. I mean, it's not like I will be able to sleep anyways :giggle:

Just have fun guys. If you are good at posting yet still able to absorb something like this, do it. If your there to take it in first, then post by all means. But Frank said it best, don't feel you have to spend the whole time with your face buried in a cell phone screen. Burry your face and embrace the journey on what Callaway and THP is taking you through. You got picked, its your time, enjoy it. While we like the pictures and updates, make it you first.

Great thread though but that's my opinion.

Last edited:
I think the fitting is such a big part of the experience that I want to share as much about it as I can. I can completely understand the difficulty of taking videos during the already hectic process. I can also appreciate Callaway being apprehensive about someone taking a video around so much pre-release gear. The last thing I would want to do is put the event in jeopardy by accidentally giving everyone a sneak peak of something I shouldn't. So, I will default any fitting video/picture content to @JB and @mikeg_74.

I do plan on following in the footsteps of @j_sizzle9. I will try to capture ball flight data to share during the process. Also, my hope is to do a recap that evening. Share my thoughts, some numbers, and an overview of how the process played out. I mean, it's not like I will be able to sleep anyways :giggle:

Speaking from experience....don’t count on not sleeping. ?

Back