The I haven't been picked for it but am still getting ready for it thread

echico

#MOIJacking
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'll admit. I caught the THP experience bug last year playing in The Morgan Cup. I want to do more experiences! With that being said what are you doing since you know you are getting picked this year?

I am keeping myself in better health. These experiences offer good motivation but I just feel better and want to keep it going.
I am starting with lessons again. I want to tame my tempo and play the best I can. I am in a couple of leagues so this training is not going to waste
I am playing competitively more this year. You have to know if you can sink that 4 ft slider when money or trophies are on the line.
3 rounds this year and 3 rounds walked this year. All in competition. I see you walking experience.
Need to restart my live posting again.

I have made an imaginary bag of Mizuno clubs, I have looked at all the info I can find leaked on Cobra clubs. I have read through most of the Granddaddy threads (Jeez the build up to that was like a second job....kudos guys). I am trying a new golf ball. I also have decided I am getting a full bag fit every year no matter what. It is entertainment dollars for me. If I choose to buy fine but most of the time it will be to see where I am.

I'll admit. I caught the THP experience bug last year playing in The Morgan Cup. I want to do more experiences! With that being said what are you doing since you know you are getting picked this year?

I am keeping myself in better health. These experiences offer good motivation but I just feel better and want to keep it going.
I am starting with lessons again. I want to tame my tempo and play the best I can. I am in a couple of leagues so this training is not going to waste
I am playing competitively more this year. You have to know if you can sink that 4 ft slider when money or trophies are on the line.
3 rounds this year and 3 rounds walked this year. All in competition. I see you walking experience.
Need to restart my live posting again.

I have made an imaginary bag of Mizuno clubs, I have looked at all the info I can find leaked on Cobra clubs. I have read through most of the Granddaddy threads (Jeez the build up to that was like a second job....kudos guys). I am trying a new golf ball. I also have decided I am getting a full bag fit every year no matter what. It is entertainment dollars for me. If I choose to buy fine but most of the time it will be to see where I am.
Oh I get this 💯.

I got a taste of a THP Experience and am so hopeful that someday I’ll get to experience one again.
I play out what I will do for each of them when they are announced. Dream of my name being called. Jealous it’s not then immediately super excited for those that were selected.

my passion for golf is fueled by THP and the people I’ve meet thanks to this site.

Wait, Im not going to be picked this year? :oops: It's still early! :) But, should I not be picked, I will live vicareously through those who have been. On my end, I have a fitting on Monday (weather permitting) for a new driver I am eager to see if either new Mizuno is for me (ST-X 220) or the new Rogue from Callaway. I just got a new bag of irons from the Mizuno Experience, and I have the first of 3 winter lessons next week. I will have my hernia surgically corrected as soon as they can get me scheduled (so as to miss the next wave of Greek Letter Covid variant) and be 100% ready to go by later spring. I plan to play weekly at a minimum and continue to hit balls in the basement this winter and the garage when the weather improves - daily or close to it. So next season, I am looking at you '80' and you will be mine.

Oh, and I am still getting the tattoo that I promised the kid I would get with her. If I won another experience I would consider getting a tattoo as a lifelong souvenir. ;)

I’m hoping to make a return appearance to a THP experience. Some good ones coming up, but the MC is at the top of the list in hopes of checking that one off

im not doing anything any different other than being 100% honest with my game and it’s limitations, building around that with realistic course management and taking chances when it makes sense

Last edited:
Dream everyday about making an experience. Forum and reviews are great. Making Morgan Cup or Victory Cup or Granddaddy would be dream come true. So continue working on my game hoping dreams come true.

Oh I get this 💯.

I got a taste of a THP Experience and am so hopeful that someday I’ll get to experience one again.
I play out what I will do for each of them when they are announced. Dream of my name being called. Jealous it’s not then immediately super excited for those that were selected.

my passion for golf is fueled by THP and the people I’ve meet thanks to this site.
Well guess what? You don’t need this thread anymore. You just got shoulder tapped. You are headed to the 2022 Morgan Cup and joining the peoples captain @jdtox as a member of Team Paradise

Well guess what? You don’t need this thread anymore. You just got shoulder tapped. You are headed to the 2022 Morgan Cup and joining the peoples captain @jdtox as a member of Team Paradise
Good for you @mtbloco ! You got some teammates here that will get you ready!

I'm staying involved and hopeful and I am keeping myself open to every brand and new offering as best I can. I'll play whatever an experience puts in my hand!! I know I'm a picky s.o.b. but there's a ton of great stuff and for the chance to be part of an experience I'll go mallet, game impr.. well, players distance(?) Lol, squish ball, TRIPLE TRACK, I don't care! I just wanna play! Put me in coach!!

Holy **** this is awesome!! CONGRATS @mtbloco !!!!! 🔥 Go Team Paradise!!

What????

I am blown away by this. So excited. I’ve got a lot of team MC and Team Paradise mentors to guide me through this.
So stoked to tee it up with @jdtox and win that cup!

Holy ****!!! Congrats @mtbloco live it up man!!!

That's freaking awesome. Congrats @mtbloco !

What????

I am blown away by this. So excited. I’ve got a lot of team MC and Team Paradise mentors to guide me through this.
Three-peat!

Hell yes @mtbloco!!! Team Paradise couldn’t have gotten a better member. So happy for you buddy. Enjoy the ride!! #TeamParadise4Life

What????

Nice! Congrats!

Boom. 🔥

Just like that.

What????

Congrats @mtbloco!

Congrats @mtbloco that is awesome!!!!

Congratulations @mtbloco !!!!!!!!

So fired up for this. Well done

Way to go @mtbloco !!!! That is so awesome!!!!

Congratulations @mtbloco, so happy for you!!!

Hell yes @mtbloco!!! Team Paradise couldn’t have gotten a better member. So happy for you buddy. Enjoy the ride!! #TeamParadise4Life
Blue is my color.

I’m secure enough to wear pink.
But Go Blue!!!

Back