The Jordan Spieth Thread

I actually enjoy when Jordan “talks through it” w/ Michael.

had everything but the towel grab to dry the hands

Last edited:
@Nate at least this part of the game is in midseason form

2 bogies on par 5’s. Easily could have been -6 to -7. Need to see him put something together tomorrow.

2 bogies on par 5’s. Easily could have been -6 to -7. Need to see him put something together tomorrow.

6 bogeys today was not ideal. Good thing is I think he can rack up birdies in a hurry and get on the first page of the leaderboard

I’m officially concerned. While we probably won’t see any golf again till this summer, todays +3 round at the Players was status quo as of late. Just don’t get it. No fire. Missing 3 footers. Just concerning.

So I ask this: what’s it gonna take for JS to get back into the conversations on Sundays? I have my thoughts but I was holding onto them till after Augusta. Now that looks like it’s in jeopardy.

Is he insane?
Is he stubborn?
Does he need new people?
Teacher?
Philosophy?

I’m debating watching the 2016 Sunday Masters in full for the 1st time since watching live. I think in order for it to occur I’m gonna need a handle of Tito’s, some bad pizza delivery & maybe a few on a Zoom call to relive it w/ me to get through the back 9. Who’s in? @mikeg_74 @TexasHacker34 ?

I’m debating watching the 2016 Sunday Masters in full for the 1st time since watching live. I think in order for it to occur I’m gonna need a handle of Tito’s, some bad pizza delivery & maybe a few on a Zoom call to relive it w/ me to get through the back 9. Who’s in? @mikeg_74 @TexasHacker34 ?
Ugh. Too painful.

I’m officially concerned. While we probably won’t see any golf again till this summer, todays +3 round at the Players was status quo as of late. Just don’t get it. No fire. Missing 3 footers. Just concerning.

So I ask this: what’s it gonna take for JS to get back into the conversations on Sundays? I have my thoughts but I was holding onto them till after Augusta. Now that looks like it’s in jeopardy.

Is he insane?
Is he stubborn?
Does he need new people?
Teacher?
Philosophy?
In the latest Golf Digest Spieth talks about the issues that crept into his swing and how he is correcting them. He makes it sound technical- swing got longer, grip changes. I don't think it's that simple. He changed his swing to add length and screwed everything up. His putting, his irons, his driver, all fell apart. It would be great if he gets his game back, but we aren't seeing any good signs.

Ugh. Too painful.
I know. Was just a thought as lockdown continues. I don't even know what day it is anymore. I think I know the month.
In the latest Golf Digest Spieth talks about the issues that crept into his swing and how he is correcting them. He makes it sound technical- swing got longer, grip changes. I don't think it's that simple. He changed his swing to add length and screwed everything up. His putting, his irons, his driver, all fell apart. It would be great if he gets his game back, but we aren't seeing any good signs.
He does have flashes here and there, but you're right, that's 15% of the time now. I continue to wonder if a instructor change would be good for him but he sounds stuck in his ways.

I'm in, but Facetime bc i dont trust Zoom.

It’s early, but I like where this is going

5F013447-BF05-4342-AE78-11B0F7C2DFB7.jpeg

Would love to see him perform good here at home.

Sure hope Jordan has turned the corner and starts playing to his potential again.

Hard watching him struggle to make cuts.

Today will be the beginning ... did Jordan find something over the COVIDIAN Golf Break!?

Man what is going on in the mind of JS? He can’t find his way around the course.
Where did the talent go?

Back