The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Not my logic yours . I don't watch LIV .
If you don’t care what players, but only want to see good golf, you get more of it with LIV than you do PGA Tour.

If you are anti LIV and it has nothing to do with golf, that’s a different beast and has nothing to do with golf. I can get down with that, but I think many are using the “i don’t care about names I just want golf” as a reasoning that just doesn’t make sense.

If you don’t care what players, but only want to see good golf, you get more of it with LIV than you do PGA Tour.

If you are anti LIV and it has nothing to do with golf, that’s a different beast and has nothing to do with golf. I can get down with that, but I think many are using the “i don’t care about names I just want golf” as a reasoning that just doesn’t make sense.

Saying you get more good golf with LIV is a stretch. I saw plenty of good golf this weekend at the Players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saying you get more good golf with LIV is a stretch. I saw plenty of good golf this weekend at the Players.

And plenty of bad commercials. :LOL: Seriously, though the golf was very good.

Its literally just math. I loved the Players.
One has wall to wall coverage with no commercials. The other shows only a handful of shots and then goes to commercial.
Even if you said well there is an extra day, the amount of shots still wouldnt be the same.

I get it, people hate LIV. Im not a fan of a lot of it either, but coverage vs coverage, there is no comparison

Its literally just math. I loved the Players.
One has wall to wall coverage with no commercials. The other shows only a handful of shots and then goes to commercial.
Even if you said well there is an extra day, the amount of shots still wouldnt be the same.

I get it, people hate LIV. Im not a fan of a lot of it either, but coverage vs coverage, there is no comparison
I think handful might be generous.

IMO with LIV you get good golf each time they tee it up. Now with the PGAT we get good golf for the majors and the Players. All other tour stops are snooze fests with minimal coverage. LIV has them here IMO.

Last edited:
IMO with LIV you get good gold each time they tee it up. Now with the PGAT we get good golf for the majors and the Players. All other tour stops are snooze fests with minimal coverage. LIV has them here IMO.
I also like that I know I don't have to sit in front of the TV all day to piece together what is going on. Everyone is on the course and it will be done in about 5 hrs. This works great for a normal tournament.

The majors it is an all day affair when I sit and watch it. The storylines are worth the wait 4 times a year but not every weekend.

IMO with LIV you get good golf each time they tee it up. Now with the PGAT we get good golf for the majors and the Players. All other tour stops are snooze fests with minimal coverage. LIV has them here IMO.
I am not sure I totally agree here. You get good golf with both. You get 5 -7 big names every time LIV starts were as the PGA could have zero names. But the golf is good. the production is what is lacking. Now, if names is what you need for good golf I can understand that. But if we are just talking shot quality. You get that every week with the Tour as well. It just might great shots by people you have never heard of..

I am not sure I totally agree here. You get good golf with both. You get 5 -7 big names every time LIV starts were as the PGA could have zero names. But the golf is good. the production is what is lacking. Now, if names is what you need for good golf I can understand that. But if we are just talking shot quality. You get that every week with the Tour as well. It just might great shots by people you have never heard of..
I am strictly speaking from a product perspective. The PGAT offers nothing week to week outside of the majors that makes me want to watch. Even prior to LIV the production was bad and I only tuned into non majors for the location, i.e. Riviera, etc and not who is teeing it up.

With LIV you got a good 10-15 players who are better than anything outside of the top 5 that the PGAT offers which makes the product unwatchable imo.

And plenty of bad commercials. :LOL: Seriously, though the golf was very good.
I thought it was disingenuous for NBC to thank their sponsors for allowing them to have fewer commercials, then continue to have the "Playing Through" BS constantly showing when players in the mix were hitting shots.
Really tick's me off!

Every guy on both tours is hitting great golf shots.
This idea (not from you) that the 30th ranked player on LIV is some high school golfer, is crazy talk.
They could compete on any tour in the world just as the guys on the PGA Tour.

Every guy on both tours is hitting great golf shots.
This idea (not from you) that the 30th ranked player on LIV is some high school golfer, is crazy talk.
They could compete on any tour in the world just as the guys on the PGA Tour.
Well.. Caleb Surratt is just “out” of high school lol. But yes that is my point. The relegation does help LIV. They had or have some pretty poor players. Chase Koepka comes to mind. Not sure he is competing with the best anywhere. But he is also no longer on LIV.

Well.. Caleb Surratt is just “out” of high school lol. But yes that is my point. The relegation does help LIV. They had or have some pretty poor players. Chase Koepka comes to mind. Not sure he is competing with the best anywhere. But he is also no longer on LIV.
We had multiple rounds in the 80s this past week at the Players.
Hell Cam Davis was nearly 20 over through 2 rounds.
Tom Kim isnt that far removed from high school and before he burst on the scene, people would have asked the same thing.

We had multiple rounds in the 80s this past week at the Players.
Hell Cam Davis was nearly 20 over through 2 rounds.
Tom Kim isnt that far removed from high school and before he burst on the scene, people would have asked the same thing.
I was joking about Caleb. I think that kid is a stud.

Pros will have bad rounds. They happen and happen all the time.

Saw plenty of good golf this weekend . I don't hate LIV don't hate where the money comes from . But don't tell me you're leaving to spend more time with your family and then try to sue to come back .

Saw plenty of good golf this weekend . I don't hate LIV don't hate where the money comes from . But don't tell me you're leaving to spend more time with your family and then try to sue to come back .
Thats not really what happened though, right?

Saw plenty of good golf this weekend . I don't hate LIV don't hate where the money comes from . But don't tell me you're leaving to spend more time with your family and then try to sue to come back.

May 10: PGA Tour players and Korn Ferry Tour players interested in competing in the first LIV Golf event outside of London in June need to seek conflicting event and/or media releases but are denied. The Tour tells players it is not an authorized event. Greg Norman, the LIV Golf commissioner, pushes back. "Sadly, the PGA Tour seems intent on denying professional golfers their right to play golf, unless it’s exclusively in a PGA Tour tournament. This is particularly disappointing in light of the Tour’s non-profit status, where its mission is purportedly to promote the common interests of professional tournament golfers.

They didn't leave Jay was operating the PGAT as a monopolistic entity and suspended them for playing in ONE event. He even threatened those who were never on the PGAT with suspension if they participated.

Jay then relinquished a tumultuous golf media smear job against the players which included the 9/11 Justice Group.

F'K I would've given the same lame to spend more time with my family line also, who the hell wants the mainstream media tarnishing your reputation because you decided to go against Lord Jay and play outside the PGAT?

Here is an accurate timeline of what honestly happened.

Now I understand why LIV has withdrawn their application to OWGR. Even if LIV players started getting points, there is no way most of the LIV players could get enough points to play anything on PGA for years and years, and perhaps never. Pro golf has gotten way too divided. Totally ridiculous.

Last edited:
I am not interested in watching Liv. I would watch a Liv vs PGA event like the Ryder cup.

Merger question for all. When you envision the merger and all the best players playing together again, what are the events they are playing together in?

A bit of a side note: I've seen a number of LIV golfers playing some Asian Tour events. A few are playing in this week's DPWT event in Singapore.

Back