The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

I was just reflecting on having the top 52-60 on teams during a normal PGA Tour event and that be the extra money the top players would get. Those players would guarenteed to play the weekend for the entire year but they would only be a part of the team competition if they miss the individual cut and can't get an individual purse payment. There would be relegation on and off teams based on performance. They would be every other week or so and normal events the rest of the year.

It would benefit the sponsors because you are guarenteed to have the big names all four days.

What are your thoughts on the

I think you’d be surprised. They hope this helps, and it should, but no matter the facade, things have NOT been great for them. Wasteful is underselling it.
Yes they decided to get in to an arms race with the Saudi's. WTF was Monahan thinking when he inflated the purses to a level they couldn't sustain? He's been a disaster for the PGA tour. Still interested to see how this plays out, SSG want a return and I don't see where it comes from unless its from PIF.

I like the idea of uniting the players and having a shortened PGA season and a LIV/Team season.

Should have listened to the PGL guy.

Who is blaming the players? The blame and shame is on the Saudis for reckless spending of money.
That is even more silly than blaming the players. Who has to approve how anyone spends their own money?

Who has to approve how anyone spends their own money?
Nobody has to approve how anyone spends money. But if one is looking to point fingers or place blame it is at the Saudis for reckless, irrational spending of money.
The PGA Tour is not perfect, but it has been operating reasonably well for 60 years, along the way achieving many positive things for a wide range of people and groups.

Nobody has to approve how anyone spends money. But if one is looking to point fingers or place blame it is at the Saudis for reckless, irrational spending of money.
The PGA Tour is not perfect, but it has been operating reasonably well for 60 years, along the way achieving many positive things for a wide range of people and groups.
And the Saudis were ready to spend the money with the PGAT but couldn't get a meeting. If you want to blame someone then it is Jay and the PGAT arrogance. Doing things the same way for 60 years and not thinking there was anyone out there that could challenge them.

And the Saudis were ready to spend the money with the PGAT but couldn't get a meeting. If you want to blame someone then it is Jay and the PGAT arrogance. Doing things the same way for 60 years and not thinking there was anyone out there that could challenge them.
The PGA Tour has steadily changed and, or evolved for 60 years. From the beginning through the decades the Tour was owned by its players, and turning down the Saudis was a smart business decision to maintain a player-owned Tour.

Simply imprisoning them is just plain wrong and shouldn't be tolerated. I would demand that they at least hold a kangaroo court trial first!

after the SSG i think they are. Before that. Not so much..
The way I understand it and based on current financial situation to need SSG come to the table, this infuses them with money to help them kick the can down the road. Losing sponsors will accelerate the issues and at some point when SSG isn't getting the ROI promised, they can take their cash and go home.

Who is blaming the players? The blame and shame is on the Saudis for reckless spending of money.
The blame and shame is on the PGAT board and Jay for not being honest and seeing the issues at hand that led to the Saudis (or any other entity with $$) to come in and upset the status quo.

Simply imprisoning them is just plain wrong and shouldn't be tolerated. I would demand that they at least hold a kangaroo court trial first!
Defending bankers and consultants is tough to be honest.

Isn't it funny how no one had a problem when PIF worked with LET/LPGA and created the Aramco Team Series that plays 54 holes and gets World Rankings?

Now imagine if the PGAT/DPWT followed the LPGA/LET playbook and LIV got their little 8-event team series.

Jay's greed and arrogance are why we're on page 533.

Isn't it funny how no one had a problem when PIF worked with LET/LPGA and created the Aramco Team Series that plays 54 holes and gets World Rankings?

Now imagine if the PGAT/DPWT followed the LPGA/LET playbook and LIV got their little 8-event team series.

Precisely. It could have been a sideshow that made everyone money.

I want a 6 part docuseries about how inept Jay was/is. I would pay a premium to watch that.

The lack of support for the Crushers on this forum is disturbing. They are building a dynasty and I feel I’m the only one that sees it.

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF
After decades of floundering the rebuild is finally complete. The Tour Kay dynasty has started as we saw in Mayakoba. There were some growing pains but ultimately getting first in the individual and getting on the team podium shows that they are ready to reign!

The way I understand it and based on current financial situation to need SSG come to the table, this infuses them with money to help them kick the can down the road. Losing sponsors will accelerate the issues and at some point when SSG isn't getting the ROI promised, they can take their cash and go home.
Sure. But at the moment, they are flush.. but you know what they say about making a small fortune in golf… start with a large one.

after the SSG i think they are. Before that. Not so much..
Well enough to have a $12B valuation. But everything looks bad when you are comparing it to the seemingly unlimited PIF pool.

The blame and shame is on the PGAT board and Jay for not being honest and seeing the issues at hand that led to the Saudis (or any other entity with $$) to come in and upset the status quo.
There is nothing Monahan (or anybody else) could do to offset the power of tens of billions of Saudi dollars.

Well maybe a few people had a problem with it

There is nothing Monahan (or anybody else) could do to offset the power of tens of billions of Saudi dollars.
That’s true, but to completely ignore the fact it is there and even challenge it was pretty dumb.

Sure there is. He could have been honest about the financial state and why the Saudis are even a threat. If the tour was so solid then it would be the Saudi’s asking to be invited not storming the castle and poaching players

Back