The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

You can’t continue to say PGAT has the best players and best competition when they simply don’t
You easily can. There are plenty of independent rankings out there and most have about 4-7 LIV players in the top 20. 9-12 in the top 50.

This weeks API field is significantly better than any LIV field.

You easily can. There are plenty of independent rankings out there and most have about 4-7 LIV players in the top 20. 9-12 in the top 50.

This weeks API field is significantly better than any LIV field.
No one is saying LIV has better fields than PGA. And Independent rankings are about as flawed as OWGR. Without guys like DJ, Brooks, Niemann, Rahm, Cam Smith…you can’t continue to say you’re playing against the best in the world. You aren’t. Look at the leaderboard right now for the API. Absolute snooze fest

The longer this kerfuffle goes on, and the more i read, I'm down to about zero concern over what happens from here on out with the PGAT vis-a-vis LIV. If i have to resign myself to watching reruns of Bob Does Sports and his band of merry men playing golf with Paige Spiranac or some other celebrity guest-golfer on YouTube, so be it. :ROFLMAO:

PGAT has the best players and best competition when they simply don’t
An elevated or premier or whatever PGA Tour event is a better field than any LIV event. That's still true.

An elevated or premier or whatever PGA Tour event is a better field than any LIV event. That's still true.
Sure. Sadly the rest of the events are torched now because of that though. The leaderboards so far on the PGA Tour are laughable

Sure. Sadly the rest of the events are torched now because of that though. The leaderboards so far on the PGA Tour are laughable
I agree with this, I still think those events are highly competitive with really great golfers, but there is no star power. Unfortunately the way things are set up they will never have star power because once someone wins a couple of them they won't be playing in them anymore.

I never get these d*ck measuring contests when it comes to the strength of the field or ratings.

One league has been around for 100 years while another is in its 2nd full season. LIV has accomplished and gotten a lot of top players in a very short period. What may LIV look like with just a few more top players?

Time will tell.

Sigh the best players are not all playing against each other. That is bad. Quibbling over the strength of the field is weak. This week the PGAT wins strength of field, the last month they haven't. None of this is growing the game. OWGR get your **** together. PGAT get the deal done. USGA shut the **** up. Chamblee just go away.

I never get these d*ck measuring contests when it comes to the strength of the field or ratings.

One league has been around for 100 years while another is in its 2nd full season. LIV has accomplished and gotten a lot of top players in a very short period. What may LIV look like with just a few more top players?

Time will tell.
Sure they overpaid billions of dollars to get a few of the top players to play for them. No one is leaving the PGA without a huge upfront contract, that’s abundantly clear. I mean the only way anyone has gone to LIV is to get twice their future lifetime PGA earnings upfront. What’s the true draw of playing on LIV?

Sure they overpaid billions of dollars to get a few of the top players to play for them. No one is leaving the PGA without a huge upfront contract, that’s abundantly clear. I mean the only way anyone has gone to LIV is to get twice their future lifetime PGA earnings upfront. What’s the true draw of playing on LIV?
If greed is the answer, and clearly it is based on players leaving and only playing elevated events, then the other answer is they are playing for more each event, have team money as well and play less weeks.

If greed is the answer, and clearly it is based on players leaving and only playing elevated events, then the other answer is they are playing for more each event, have team money as well and play less weeks.
So if they had to play 20 LIV events and the purses were the same as the Tour what would the multiple on lifetime future PGA Tour earnings have been? You’re an agent background right? Triple for those conditions?

So if they had to play 20 LIV events and the purses were the same as the Tour what would the multiple on lifetime future PGA Tour earnings have been? You’re an agent background right? Triple for those conditions?
All hypothetical nonsense because they aren’t.

I hate the divide. Not a fan of where the money comes from. And prefer it to go away. With that said this timeline is laughable.

Never get off the ground
Won’t get tv
Won’t get network tv
Won’t be around in year 2
Won’t sign any other stars
Won’t sign a top 5
Won’t sign another top 5
Won’t compete week in and week out.

Yet here we are with a tour with leadership that literally tried to sell out to them.

Anybody that still believe Liv is second tier is simply hoping

Look at the change in Koepka. He was injured but the PGAT wanted to rush him back out there to make his dates commitment. He couldn't get healthy and his play suffered. He was able to get on the mend and then start playing the LIV schedule to allow his body to fully heal. That is something the golfers want as well, control of their own health. Bubba went to LIV and was a non playing captain last year as he healed from his injuries. The guys also are in control of the NIL much more and we see guys like Rahm and Bryson utilize that on YouTube. It isn't just money.

The competition is not second tier. The ownership and management are underground tier. The only point I’m trying to make is that if you had to write Rahm a check for at least twice what he would have ever made on Tour then the intangibles are bad. They were bad, they are bad, and they’ll be bad even if they put the Tour out of business.

Look at the change in Koepka. He was injured but the PGAT wanted to rush him back out there to make his dates commitment. He couldn't get healthy and his play suffered. He was able to get on the mend and then start playing the LIV schedule to allow his body to fully heal. That is something the golfers want as well, control of their own health. Bubba went to LIV and was a non playing captain last year as he healed from his injuries. The guys also are in control of the NIL much more and we see guys like Rahm and Bryson utilize that on YouTube. It isn't just money.

The PGA tour does allow for minor and major medical exemptions.

The competition is not second tier. The ownership and management are underground tier. The only point I’m trying to make is that if you had to write Rahm a check for at least twice what he would have ever made on Tour then the intangibles are bad. They were bad, they are bad, and they’ll be bad even if they put the Tour out of business.
Can't say i disagree with this one bit. That LIV is paying players in multiples of their possible future earnings on the PGAT (and up front, no less!) is a pretty clear indicator that they (and Norman) are looking to bury the Tour. Personally, i do not feel that LIV offers a better product to the viewer by any stretch, but overcoming the money aspect of it will be insurmountable for the PGAT. I think Norman will be very satisfied when he sees the ashes of the PGAT get swept into the bin. Just my opinion.

I guarantee that if TGL does get points it will be because they worked out the details before starting. LIV just showed up and basically said “We’re here, now give our players points.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no way the TGL gets points.

This is false.. the tour didn’t do anything. He did. Tiger has missed tons and tons of golf because of injury. Let’s not get out of hand.

I can still remember Jay saying at the very, very beginning his problem with LIV and giving exemptions was that LIV were playing some events in America.

That was said when there was only a 8 event schedule which only 4 were in America. Similar to Aramco Series.

It was shortly after that statement they filed the lawsuits and DOJ investigation chatter started.

So all of this BS over 4 events in America. How stupid.

There should be a picture of Jay in the dictionary next to GREED and STUPID.

This is false.. the tour didn’t do anything. He did. Tiger has missed tons and tons of golf because of injury. Let’s not get out of hand.
Do you know this is fact? It certainly seemed eluded to previously by Brooks

All hypothetical nonsense because they aren’t.

I hate the divide. Not a fan of where the money comes from. And prefer it to go away. With that said this timeline is laughable.

Never get off the ground
Won’t get tv
Won’t get network tv
Won’t be around in year 2
Won’t sign any other stars
Won’t sign a top 5
Won’t sign another top 5
Won’t compete week in and week out.

Yet here we are with a tour with leadership that literally tried to sell out to them.

I had a thought last night at the gym watching full swing. Everyone on tour that can should go to LIv. Why? Because their leadership did? The leadership get a framework agreement.. they decided to not finish it. LIV is not going to bury them..

Do you know this is fact? It certainly seemed eluded to previously by Brooks
What I know is brooks wins big events. I know players get time off. We just watched Willy z take a full year off. We watched Bryon take a long time off with his hand, Tiger multiple times for car wrecks, back surgery, neck surgery, leg surgery etc etc.

It makes zero sense to say I had to rush back. I think that is him wanting to rush back. Not the other way.

There is too much precedent on the side of players taking their sweet time and still be eligible.

I had a thought last night at the gym watching full swing. Everyone on tour that can should go to LIv. Why? Because their leadership did? The leadership get a framework agreement.. they decided to not finish it. LIV is not going to bury them..
I’m still not sure that they really ever intended to merge with LIV as much as they wanted (along with LIV) to get out of the lawsuits. Remember it was announced right after subpoenas started going out to all the high profile folks. It doesn’t seem to me that the Tour has made any serious move to finalize the agreement in the last 9 months. We’ll all find out together, but the likelihood of a merger is very small right now.

I’m still not sure that they really ever intended to merge with LIV as much as they wanted (along with LIV) to get out of the lawsuits. Remember it was announced right after subpoenas started going out to all the high profile folks. It doesn’t seem to me that the Tour has made any serious move to finalize the agreement in the last 9 months. We’ll all find out together, but the likelihood of a merger is very small right now.
Maybe. But killing the merger is just another example of Manohan playing chutes and ladders while everyone else is playing chess..

Back