The Longest Course you have played...

Ross Bridge in Hoover AL is also the longest course I've played. I did an Instagram poll before teeing off asking if I should play from the tips of 8,191 yards and 70% said yes. I also have a youtube channel so I figured it may make for a more entertaining course vlog. I pretty much had the round of my life. Shot an even par 36 on the front and I was 3 over par on the back through 16 when it got dark. I usually play around 7,000 yards and I'm a 5 handicap. Had an unbelievable day as my driver was on fire. Excited to share the course vlogs when they're ready. Highlight was the 698 yard par 5 13th, which I played 2 yards behind the markers to make a 700 yard hole. Driver, 3 iron, 8 iron --> par :)
Good Stuff...Beastly...Ha

The course the PR Open is played at tips out at over 7500 yards. A couple par 5s over 600 yards. 15 is into the wind and is a 3 shot hole for the longest players (I’d think).

I’ve played it from the whites and blues and it’s very fair from those distances.

The Longest Course I have played is The International Pines Course.....It was the only course at International when I played it 20 some years ago. They built a second course called the Oaks. The Pines is and was 8325 yards...You play the Tiger tees....The Tiger tees were named before Tiger was on tour...The course measured that 8325 back in the early 90's and possibly well before that. I played those Tiger tees in the mid 90's. Three par 3's were over 250. One par 6 that was 695 yards....Interesting that today the course measures the same as it did 25 years ago....but a number of the holes have different yardages. The 695 yard par 6 is now 715 and par 5. The course in 1995 was par 77 at 8325 yards....Today it is same yardage but par 72. I have a scorecard from 1995 and today. I'll see if I can post them.

3 par 3's over 250 and a par 5 over 700 yards - brutal!! Is there any course longer than 8,325 yards?

3 par 3's over 250 and a par 5 over 700 yards - brutal!! Is there any course longer than 8,325 yards?
So here's a description of the 3 par 3's over 250...The 7th hole plays around 275. The green sits on an upslope on a hill across a valley. The green is sloped ridiculously front to back with a tilt to right. Bunker short in mid green. The 13th hole is straight forward. Plays about 255 with 225 carry over pond. Then a bunker then green. No area for lay up. The 16th which was the longest par 3 in world and I parred it. It is signature hole with bushes spelling out IGC behind green. Teebox is long narrow and forces you to hit under tree limbs hanging down. There is a stone walled stream just short of green. It plays around 275. It's a carry of 250 over the creek. There is however an open field in the valley short. It's a beautiful hole visually. It was neat to play the Tiger tees once. Would be nice to have a scramble event there from them...

Back