The Masters - Who is Going?

When you say get in line, do you mean to get in line to get in or to get in line to park? Can you get there any earlier to ensure a good parking spot and just hang out till the gates open or is that not allowed??

Yeah, I meant get in the line to go onto the course early. Traffic will be heavy as you can imagine, but it flows pretty well. You can certainly get there early to park, but I am not sure what time they start parking cars. I plan on getting to the parking lot around 7:00 as depending on where they direct you to park it can be a nice little hike to the gates.

Yeah, I meant get in the line to go onto the course early. Traffic will be heavy as you can imagine, but it flows pretty well. You can certainly get there early to park, but I am not sure what time they start parking cars. I plan on getting to the parking lot around 7:00 as depending on where they direct you to park it can be a nice little hike to the gates.
Thanks for the info buddy. We're heading in from Myrtle Beach so it'll be a long day but way worth it and I just want to make sure I get there with enough time to get a spot there. I don't mind the walking! I think I saw you posted too they will hold anything you purchase at the shop for you so you don't have to run it bag to the car?

When you say get in line, do you mean to get in line to get in or to get in line to park? Can you get there any earlier to ensure a good parking spot and just hang out till the gates open or is that not allowed??

Just in line to wait for the gates to open. Plenty of parking and it runs like a well-oiled machine out there so it doesn't take long to park and get in. I think 7 or 730 is plenty of time to park and get to the gates.

Also, the best decision we made was going directly into the gift shop near the entrance when we entered at 8am, there was no line and we didn't have to worry about it the rest of the day. Just_hacking already mentioned it but take advantage of the free bag/merchandise check. Its nice to not have to carry everything around with you all day.

Thanks for the info buddy. We're heading in from Myrtle Beach so it'll be a long day but way worth it and I just want to make sure I get there with enough time to get a spot there. I don't mind the walking! I think I saw you posted too they will hold anything you purchase at the shop for you so you don't have to run it bag to the car?

Right. As you exit the main gift shop turn back to your left and there is a place set up to check your bag(s). Similar to a coat check in that they give you a ticket with a number on it. Then before you leave just slide by there and they will get your swag for you. They are very efficient.

Oh, be prepared to drop probably more than you expected to in the gift shop. They have an huge selection of amazing items. All of it is priced reasonably considering it is The Masters. A cap usually runs around $24.00 or so. Polos are $60.00 and up depending on if it is the house brand or Peter Millar (expensive).

If anyone has any other questions I will be glad to help if I can.

Wednesday is Par 3 day. Different from the other two practice round days. Most people head over to Par 3 course before that begins. Enjoy yourself.

That is such a great tip. I plan on taking Just_Hacking's advice! Thanks man!

My dad (MSH134) will be there Monday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just in line to wait for the gates to open. Plenty of parking and it runs like a well-oiled machine out there so it doesn't take long to park and get in. I think 7 or 730 is plenty of time to park and get to the gates.

Also, the best decision we made was going directly into the gift shop near the entrance when we entered at 8am, there was no line and we didn't have to worry about it the rest of the day. Just_hacking already mentioned it but take advantage of the free bag/merchandise check. Its nice to not have to carry everything around with you all day.

Right. As you exit the main gift shop turn back to your left and there is a place set up to check your bag(s). Similar to a coat check in that they give you a ticket with a number on it. Then before you leave just slide by there and they will get your swag for you. They are very efficient.

Oh, be prepared to drop probably more than you expected to in the gift shop. They have an huge selection of amazing items. All of it is priced reasonably considering it is The Masters. A cap usually runs around $24.00 or so. Polos are $60.00 and up depending on if it is the house brand or Peter Millar (expensive).

If anyone has any other questions I will be glad to help if I can.
You guys are being a tremendous help. Thank you!

Have either of you been on a Wednesday? All the stuff I've researched it seems that the best way to do a Wednesday is to get there early, do the gift shop, immediately go walk the back 9 and take pictures. Come back around to the front 9 to take pictures and watch some of the practice rounds, then head right over to the short course for the par 3.

Side note: I told my wife how much I was planning on bringing, she told me let's bring some extra just to he sure lol.

Wednesday is Par 3 day. Different from the other two practice round days. Most people head over to Par 3 course before that begins. Enjoy yourself.
I definitely will! Everything I've seen is its best to walk the back 9 early morning to get your pictures and all that then come back around to the front, watch some of the guys still doing practice rounds, then head over to the par 3? I'm sure I won't be getting prime seating for the par 3 but I'd rather see the rest of the course than just get a great seat for the par 3.

I wish - it's on both of our bucket lists. Perhaps next years lottery.

You guys are being a tremendous help. Thank you!

Have either of you been on a Wednesday? All the stuff I've researched it seems that the best way to do a Wednesday is to get there early, do the gift shop, immediately go walk the back 9 and take pictures. Come back around to the front 9 to take pictures and watch some of the practice rounds, then head right over to the short course for the par 3.

Side note: I told my wife how much I was planning on bringing, she told me let's bring some extra just to he sure lol.

I have been on Wednesday a few times and the advice you got is spot on. Do try to get over to the Par 3 course at least 30 minutes if not more before they tee off on #1 and scope out a good seating spot. #7 tee has a great view of the green if you can get there in time. There is quite a wait before the 1st group gets there, but if you have a good seat it is well worth the wait. We saw a couple hole in ones last year. IF you want to try to get any autographs you need to go over to #9 green and roll the dice. It gets packed over there. The players use to sign on tee box, but the Masters pretty much put a stop to that. I was lucky enough to get Mr. Palmer's autograph a few years ago. It will always be a special piece to me.

Yes. I went to Par 3 tourney in 2013. My group did exactly what you are suggesting. Back 9, front 9, quick lunch and then Par 3 tourney. Just factor in your concessions and souvenir shopping. It can get crowded at times because of the timing of the Par 3 contest.

I have been on Wednesday a few times and the advice you got is spot on. Do try to get over to the Par 3 course at least 30 minutes if not more before they tee off on #1 and scope out a good seating spot. #7 tee has a great view of the green if you can get there in time. There is quite a wait before the 1st group gets there, but if you have a good seat it is well worth the wait. We saw a couple hole in ones last year. IF you want to try to get any autographs you need to go over to #9 green and roll the dice. It gets packed over there. The players use to sign on tee box, but the Masters pretty much put a stop to that. I was lucky enough to get Mr. Palmer's autograph a few years ago. It will always be a special piece to me.
That is so awesome. I'm really jealous of that and something I'm sure you hold dear to your heart. Thanks for help buddy I greatly appreciate it. If I have any more questions I'll bug ya in this thread lol.

That is so awesome. I'm really jealous of that and something I'm sure you hold dear to your heart. Thanks for help buddy I greatly appreciate it. If I have any more questions I'll bug ya in this thread lol.
Ask away!! Always glad to help!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's so awesome. Ive never been on a Wednesday. It sounds incredible though.

I always try to keep my schedule relatively flexible masters week every year, living in Atlanta, sometimes you may get that last minute phone call!

I'll be there Monday through Wednesday! Fingers are crossed for the weather to change Monday, but we'll see. If anyone has any good restaurant suggestions down there, let me know!

-Abby

I'll be there Monday through Wednesday! Fingers are crossed for the weather to change Monday, but we'll see. If anyone has any good restaurant suggestions down there, let me know!

-Abby

not staying the whole week?

I really hate reading this thread.. but such great info.

Hope you all have a great time.

-Abby
We are eating at Bees Knees Monday and Finch & Fifth Tuesday thanks to some yelp reviews. We had to prepay 50 bucks a head for a reservation Monday.

Hoping for a small weather miracle today. Looking a little rough for today. Hope all are safe out there, admittedly I'm not used to the words "tornado" and "damaging hail".

Hoping for a small weather miracle today. Looking a little rough for today. Hope all are safe out there, admittedly I'm not used to the words "tornado" and "damaging hail".

I hope you get a nice afternoon man. Sorry about the weather, yesterday was perfect!

Sucks you are there on the bad weather day man. I read the course is closed. What's the situation over there?

The Masters - Who is Going?

Sucks you are there on the bad weather day man. I read the course is closed. What's the situation over there?

Course got closed due to a pretty heavy thunderstorm. Glad we got here at opening. Hoping they might reopen but looks like a much larger storm is about to roll in in the next hour or two. Sitting in the car having a beer hoping for good news.

Sounds like they just reopened it...but yeah, nasty stuff is coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading down Tomorrow morning around 6am. Hope to have a nice day watching some practice rounds before I have to head back.

Back