The Match - Rory, Lexi, Max and Rose

Ok, I really enjoyed watching that. Loved the banter between the players and the hosts. Got to see a lot more of Lexi's personality than typical.

That should be the model going forward.

notice how I didn't say golf SWING smart.

You know a few things.
I know enough to know that I am definitely not swing smart.

This was a major TV event. Rory wins.

Count it!

Lots of fun. But did anybody think in Rory's company the others had anything of a chance? And the last pitch. 100 yards is not that far away. Only two of them, Rory and Rose, hit it at the pin. The other two were as far off as a 15-handicapper.

BTW, it was great to see Lexi this close and personal. When you see her live in a tournament you realize she is the Alpha female out there. If she would just play like it.

I did enjoy when Lexi hit the "Flighted" tee shot on think was the either first par 3 or the short par 4.
"Hey, I've been playing in the wind in Florida so that's the shot I'm used to playing"
Not that we did know it however the Pro's are justifying their shots just like Ams.

Absolutely forgot this was on yesterday. Not sure if I would have watched it if I had remembered.

Absolutely forgot this was on yesterday. Not sure if I would have watched it if I had remembered.
just catch the Max Homa soundbite highlights and you're good. He was the winner of the event.

have it taped. Just need to watch.

Any good?
The silliest thing was all during and through "The Match" they were trying to make this thing out like it's 'child-friendly', a place where your kids could come to play golf, etc.... and yet when I looked up tee times and greens fees, they were $230/person o_O. Maybe they have discount pricing for kids, or, if you live in West Palm Beach, your kids could afford those greens fees?

I thought this was a fun watch. Not keen on DJ Khaled and felt his presence was a big miss for the audience who is watching this event.

Rose is probably my favorite LPGA player - she is already a terrific golfer with loads of room to improve and I really respect her work ethic. A good role model for aspiring female athletes. She has the potential to dominate the sport.

Rory was brilliant, Max fun, Lexi in charge.

One last comment regarding Rory. I really started to dislike Rory during his pressers when representing the PGA against LIV. This format of golf (casual and mic'd up) reminded me not only of his greatness as a golfer, but also reminded me that he is a good ambassador for the sport.

All in all, good showing.

it was ok. charles barkley was fantastic. christina kim was trying way too hard to be funny. homa was pretty funny, but the players weren't all that entertaining. i love the concept, but they haven't really delivered on any of these yet.

it'd be interesting to know what contributed to the viewing numbers.
for example i felt like it was very poorly advertised. a few of my golf-junkie friends didn't even know it was on.

Back