The Official 2016 MLB Thread

Trading to get Nick Swisher

oh hell yes. Needs to happen. He will have an above avg year and get a big contract probably by Cleveland again. #TimeWarp

I mean looking at their roster he might be able to slide in. I don't see a ton to replace Tex if he needs days off, which is why I asked who.

My guess is they sign 1 of the following:

Pedro Alvarez (might be too pricey for a backup)

Corey Hart (might be too pricey)

or maybe a guy like Jeff Baker who will eb cheap, can play 1B and has been around the block

My guess is they sign 1 of the following:

Pedro Alvarez (might be too pricey for a backup)

Corey Hart (might be too pricey)

or maybe a guy like Jeff Baker who will eb cheap, can play 1B and has been around the block

Oh I wasn't discounting them signing someone, just the idea that they apparently already have multiple people to spell him at 1B, I just don't see them currently on the 40 man roster I guess.

Oh I wasn't discounting them signing someone, just the idea that they apparently already have multiple people to spell him at 1B, I just don't see them currently on the 40 man roster I guess.

yeah me neither, seems like they almost have to shop around with Tex being such an injury risk

yeah me neither, seems like they almost have to shop around with Tex being such an injury risk

Olney doesn't seem to think Alvarez is a fit as he wants regular PT, which he won't get with A-Fraud and Tex

Just out of curiosity, who?

headley can play first, refsnyder, maybe ackley. Arod as a possibility in a worse case scenario. I don't like it for birds overall development

I mean looking at their roster he might be able to slide in. I don't see a ton to replace Tex if he needs days off, which is why I asked who.

likely Headly will move to 1st on spell days. If he goes down for a stretch, that could be a problem. The other youngster they have is Aaron Judge, talk of him being able to play 1st, but he's mostly been RF.

headley can play first, refsnyder, maybe ackley. Arod as a possibility in a worse case scenario. I don't like it for birds overall development

So Headley has played 10 games at 1B in his entire ML career Ackley 22 games, I don't see Refsnyder as ever having recorded games at 1B in the majors or minors.

So Headley has played 10 games at 1B in his entire ML career Ackley 22 games, I don't see Refsnyder as ever having recorded games at 1B in the majors or minors.

see there you go. Tex we need 130 out of you, the other 32 we have covered:alien:

see there you go. Tex we need 130 out of you, the other 32 we have covered:alien:

I think they sign someone... I just don't see these other guys being solid options at 1st. Despite what many think, not anyone can just move over and play first base.

They should put CC at 1B since he cant pitch anymore

They should put CC at 1B since he cant pitch anymore

This made me laugh out loud, he couldn't be any worse than Pedro Alvarez defensively, but according to Boras it is due to where the Pirates positioned him relative to the bag

I think they sign someone... I just don't see these other guys being solid options at 1st. Despite what many think, not anyone can just move over and play first base.

I don't think they sign anyone to a significant contract. Perhaps a minor league deal. Hard to react and replace a guy who was most likely going to be starting the year in Triple A. I agree about the not just anyone can pick up a glove and play 1st, just look at Mike Piazza.

I don't think they sign anyone to a significant contract. Perhaps a minor league deal. Hard to react and replace a guy who was most likely going to be starting the year in Triple A. I agree about the not just anyone can pick up a glove and play 1st, just look at Mike Piazza.

Or Matt Holliday. They were working him out at first, but that didn't go well from what I read.

I agree about the signing, I think it is a minor league deal with an invite to spring training, but you need someone who can spell Tex and replace him for a time in which he most likely will get injured

Or Matt Holliday. They were working him out at first, but that didn't go well from what I read.

I agree about the signing, I think it is a minor league deal with an invite to spring training, but you need someone who can spell Tex and replace him for a time in which he most likely will get injured

the injury part is without a doubt a concern and I think if/when that happens, it's going to be a big issue.

1f4fd073ac6a4f2de6c2498fde6ec805.jpg

What's next Baseball?

As an A's and Brewers fan this year feels like it's going to be another long slog. At least I have a few $$ fantasy leagues to keep me interested.

Since it's an even year, if Bubba wins the Masters and the Giants win the WS I'm going to have a hard time believing things aren't a bit rigged ;)

As an A's and Brewers fan this year feels like it's going to be another long slog. At least I have a few $$ fantasy leagues to keep me interested.

Since it's an even year, if Bubba wins the Masters and the Giants win the WS I'm going to have a hard time believing things aren't a bit rigged ;)

Phil has won the Masters in only even years, too.... 2004, 2006, 2010. Maybe Phil gets another one?

OH.....and GO GIANTS!!!

Josh D locked down for 2 more seasons. Love it! Josh is an all around player hope to keep him past the 2 years

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Josh D locked down for 2 more seasons. Love it! Josh is an all around player hope to keep him past the 2 years

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

He's a really solid player! You're Jays line up is a monster. I'm confident that if they would have beat my Royals, they would have won the Series over the Mets, too.

Side note: I hope my other favorite team, the Braves, are at least competitive this year. We have enough pitching prospects to make an entire separate team, but who's counting?

Royals Pitchers and Catchers report in 9 days from today, and my Braves the following day after that!

Back