The Official 2018-2019 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

except for the goalies, yes
It’s the best we have done so far. What do you propose?
some way to lower the gap between ok games and shutouts, some of these scores were ridiculous, -3 one day, 13 points the next. no way a shutout should be worth more than a hat trick
I agree, it needs to be tweaked s little. It was way better than the previous year though when goalie points were way too high overall.

I'd like to join! I've been in a NHL keeper league with cap, prospects, and draft picks for 11 years. I also played for 15 years...go Kings.

I'd like to join! I've been in a NHL keeper league with cap, prospects, and draft picks for 11 years. I also played for 15 years...go Kings.
You're in!

How do you like the Kovalchuk(?) signing?

This thread also made me remember how much I spend on cable just to watch Pens games haha. 99% sure id have cut ties with cable if I could figure that one out lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk to Moose he had a work around and it worked great all season and the CUP run!

Talk to Moose he had a work around and it worked great all season and the CUP run!
I'm hoping nothing has changed with that because it was awesome. Always expecting to try to tune in and have it be gone.

I'm hoping nothing has changed with that because it was awesome. Always expecting to try to tune in and have it be gone.

Same here man. My next option is to get my Dads FiOS login and go from there

How do you like the Kovalchuk(?) signing?

I like it because they didn't give up any young cost controlled assets. They can't afford to give up prospects/picks after Lombardi gutted their farm with the Sekera and Lucic trades. Blake has done a good job of being patient and replenishing their youth.

Same here man. My next option is to get my Dads FiOS login and go from there
We do that to so we can watch the NBC games. Luckily we get the Hockey Night in Canada games with the OTA antenna too.

I can't believe Yzerman stepped down. I really hope it isn't health related for him and his family. He did a great job in TB.

Hmm...I may pm you closer to the start of hockey season haha

I can't believe Yzerman stepped down. I really hope it isn't health related for him and his family. He did a great job in TB.

Rumor has it is that he wants to head the Seattle team.

Rumor has it is that he wants to head the Seattle team.

I think that is BS, nothing would have stopped him from finishing his contract here and then doing that.

I think that is BS, nothing would have stopped him from finishing his contract here and then doing that.

Oh I agree with that, but I like speculation... especially with Whitney heading it up and his friendship with him.

Another one I’ve heard is he likes rebuilding teams, and with the bolts rebuilt he’s going back to hockey town.

I still thing it’s something personal though and not business

Oh I agree with that, but I like speculation... especially with Whitney heading it up and his friendship with him.

Another one I’ve heard is he likes rebuilding teams, and with the bolts rebuilt he’s going back to hockey town.

I still thing it’s something personal though and not business

I agree, he is continuing to work for the Lightning this year. I believe it's for personal reasons, but I also believe he will end up with the Red Wings long term.

some way to lower the gap between ok games and shutouts, some of these scores were ridiculous, -3 one day, 13 points the next. no way a shutout should be worth more than a hat trick

I would say have saves be worth more and stuff like wins and shutouts worth less.

There's generally less variation for saves so it would be more consistent.

I can't see last year's settings, do we have them somewhere? I am tempted to just take yahoo's defaults

the league is created, wel will work on the scoring soon, but you guys can send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

I won't be creating a thread, let's just keep all the hockey banter in the same place

the league is created, wel will work on the scoring soon, but you guys can send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

I won't be creating a thread, let's just keep all the hockey banter in the same place

Good plan Marty! See this is why you are in charge.

If we wanted to simplify it even further, go with the default category based scoring. I always thought that was decent.
Each category each week is a mini game and counts toward the standings.

PM sent @mplefty

Thanks for being comish this season!

If we wanted to simplify it even further, go with the default category based scoring. I always thought that was decent.
Each category each week is a mini game and counts toward the standings.

I actually preferred that when we did it a few years ago, leads to much less complaining as well.

I sent invites to those who asked for it, we still have 16 spots left, keep it coming guys

I actually preferred that when we did it a few years ago, leads to much less complaining as well.
Agreed, and penalties is 1/10, so if someone wants to load up there it will have zero effect the other ones.

Agreed, and penalties is 1/10, so if someone wants to load up there it will have zero effect the other ones.

done deal then.
this is what I have for scoring categories, any suggestions/comments on what to add or remove? this gives us 9 categories for skaters, and 4 for Goalies, which give them the appropriate importance IMO, plus having an odd number of categories should lower the ties

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Back