The Official 2024 NFL Thread

Well exactly, you can play the game of chicken (sit out a year, it worked well for Deshaun Watson!) . Or you can trade the pick for 2-3 firsts.

Either way, the team who owns the pick is probably not doing terribly.

When this would really be a problem is when a generational talent like Peyton Manning does this. But i dont believe Shedeur is that
Yeah, ignoring Sanders. Just a generational QB abc.

For instance, there is zero chance I would have given in Caleb Williams this year. I think he's going to be great. I think his floor is what Jalen Hurts has become except he won't try to run first. That's like the 6-9th best QB in the league. If he wasn't in the draft I think I would be more willing to cave.

Yeah, ignoring Sanders. Just a generational QB abc.

For instance, there is zero chance I would have given in Caleb Williams this year. I think he's going to be great. I think his floor is what Jalen Hurts has become except he won't try to run first. That's like the 6-9th best QB in the league. If he wasn't in the draft I think I would be more willing to cave.

It's so hard though isn't it? Caleb Williams might be awesome, he sure looks it.

The 2 best QBs in the league are Pat Mahomes and Josh Allen. Mahomes was seen as risky because he took a lot of chances....there are NFL writers who i'm pretty sure lost their job because of how much they hated Josh Allen, "The Ringer" wrote several pieces saying his being picked was evidence of NFL Racism.

Great takes gents!

Who knows. I look forward to JJ Mcarthy winning 5 super bowls. LOL

It's so hard though isn't it? Caleb Williams might be awesome, he sure looks it.

The 2 best QBs in the league are Pat Mahomes and Josh Allen. Mahomes was seen as risky because he took a lot of chances....there are NFL writers who i'm pretty sure lost their job because of how much they hated Josh Allen, "The Ringer" wrote several pieces saying his being picked was evidence of NFL Racism.

Great takes gents!

JJ McCarthy is a good example though. If my team was picking 3rd or 4th and I thought he was good I would be fine pulling the trigger. However, if I am a team trading up for him there is zero chance I am trading a first to go get him.

As a Niner fan the Lance pick at #3 was not the mistake. It was the trading of two other 1sts to move up to get him that was the mistake.

QBs are tough tough tough to predict, just look at prior drafts and see how many swings and misses there are, but teams have to keep swinging because if you don't have a great one, its not good enough.

Great takes gents!

I wouldn’t go anywhere near McCarthy or Nix in first round

I wouldn’t go anywhere near McCarthy or Nix in first round
I don’t think they’re really comparable. One is a double convid guy who wasn’t good at any point of his career and an average athlete. Nix is not an nfl starter.

One is a 21 year old junior three year start and was good from the jump and took over as a freshman is a good athlete. I wouldn’t trade two firsts and swap another to move up for him.

I don’t think they’re really comparable. One is a double convid guy who wasn’t good at any point of his career and an average athlete. Nix is not an nfl starter.

One is a 21 year old junior three year start and was good from the jump and took over as a freshman is a good athlete. I wouldn’t trade two firsts and swap another to move up for him.

I’m only comparing them in the sense I wouldn’t take either in the first round

I watched every game McCarthy played at Michigan. I have no clue how he'll do in the NFL, but I'm not betting against him. He wasn't asked to carry the offense, but excelled at everything he was asked to do.

I watched every game McCarthy played at Michigan. I have no clue how he'll do in the NFL, but I'm not betting against him. He wasn't asked to carry the offense, but excelled at everything he was asked to do.
This is one of where I’m at. I don’t know he’ll be good. But if he’s Alex smith I won’t be surprised at all.

This is really the issue. Players aren't dropping down to be dirty. It's just how you tackle someone when you are catching them behind. NFL is trying to make it impossible on the defenses.
I loved JJ Watt's tweet - "Just fast forward to the belts with flags on them" :LOL:

A game nobody cares about was announced.

Who else is excited for the draft?
Very much so. The Niner's haven't had a first-rounder for a few years and didn't have a 2nd rounder last year either. First time paying attention to mock drafts in a couple of years.

If Washington drafts McCarthy at 2, then they are insane. I hope it's a smokescreen.

I was until I read Washington may take McCarthy.
I have my preferred QB to take in the 2 spot, but if that's who the team has ranked there then I'm happy to see how it plays out with the new group in place.

McCarthy is intriguing as he wasn't really asked to do much in College due to Harbaughs system, but what he was asked to do he did well. He's more athletic than a lot of people give him credit for, will be interesting to see how this QB class pans out.

I have my preferred QB to take in the 2 spot, but if that's who the team has ranked there then I'm happy to see how it plays out with the new group in place.

McCarthy is intriguing as he wasn't really asked to do much in College due to Harbaughs system, but what he was asked to do he did well. He's more athletic than a lot of people give him credit for, will be interesting to see how this QB class pans out.
Seems like if he's really their guy at #2 and no one else is valuing him that high, you could trade back and still get him later. If you are taking a QB at #2 it should be for a guy who could lead the franchise and I don't see it with him. I find it odd that I have heard anyone outside of Harbaugh talk this glowingly about him until recently.

Seems like if he's really their guy at #2 and no one else is valuing him that high, you could trade back and still get him later. If you are taking a QB at #2 it should be for a guy who could lead the franchise and I don't see it with him. I find it odd that I have heard anyone outside of Harbaugh talk this glowingly about him until recently.
I think it's tricky to trade back and still end up with the guy you want. QB is definitely going 1, and at 3 to NE so 2 of the top 4 are gone. Minnesota by all reports are looking to come up and get one, but if you trade with them back to 11 can you get the 4th QB (your possibly preferred) there?

If you have a QB solidly ranked as your Best QB left on the board I think you have to take them at 2.

I think it's tricky to trade back and still end up with the guy you want. QB is definitely going 1, and at 3 to NE so 2 of the top 4 are gone. Minnesota by all reports are looking to come up and get one, but if you trade with them back to 11 can you get the 4th QB (your possibly preferred) there?

If you have a QB solidly ranked as your Best QB left on the board I think you have to take them at 2.
Yeah, if you have Mccarthy as the highest guy left when you pick you don't trade back because you think more teams have him as the 4th best and you think you can get him lower. Just take your guy.

Yeah, if you have Mccarthy as the highest guy left when you pick you don't trade back because you think more teams have him as the 4th best and you think you can get him lower. Just take your guy.
I just hope he's not their guy.
they're taking Daniels
No option is perfect and I would rather them go with Daniels.

Back