The Official 2024 NFL Thread

Waller retiring

Pickett reportedly reacted poorly to the Wilson signing on top of his reaction to sitting last season in favor of Mason Rudolph.

Say what you want about Omar Khan but he ain’t timid.

Pickett reportedly reacted poorly to the Wilson signing on top of his reaction to sitting last season in favor of Mason Rudolph.

Say what you want about Omar Khan but he ain’t timid.
I think Pickett is a backup anyway. But don't want this response from your QB. Just go out and take the job from Russell Bussell. Russ stinks and would have eventually lost the job.

Diggs on the move?

so he'll be good next year and then 2 years from now it's rinse and repeat?
Basically. I just want the Texans to stay away and ignore him lol

I think the Steelers got rid of the malcontents they had on Offense, Pickett, Rudolph and Johnson....Khan and Tomlin had enough IMO and got rid of the problem.

just my opinion.

now I can possibly see the Steelers dealing that 3rd they got for Pickett for Fields. and there are still backups out there, Tannehill etc....

I think the Steelers got rid of the malcontents they had on Offense, Pickett, Rudolph and Johnson....Khan and Tomlin had enough IMO and got rid of the problem.

just my opinion.

now I can possibly see the Steelers dealing that 3rd they got for Pickett for Fields. and there are still backups out there, Tannehill etc....
They've still got Pickens, but maybe diva WR are unavoidable.

They've still got Pickens, but maybe diva WR are unavoidable.
Pickens and Austin III and they really have to find a way to utilize him. but there are still more WRs out there and I think its safe to say that they will be drafting one.....

Pickens and Austin III and they really have to find a way to utilize him. but there are still more WRs out there and I think its safe to say that they will be drafting one.....
I was just talking about the malcontent part.

Jimmy G keeps cashing checks

Jimmy G keeps cashing checks

Good insurance for Stafford. There was chatter about bringing him back to backup Purdy in 49ers land.

@Joshnoble01 are the 9ers in this much hurt cap wise to do this?

@Joshnoble01 are the 9ers in this much hurt cap wise to do this?

Nope. They have $37m as of yesterday when I listened to a podcast with David Lombardi who is a local beat writer that tracks their salary cap stuff closely on the athletic. I don't think they are moving Deebo or BA unless they get a haul. I also think Deebo is the more likely one to get moved. His contract gets a little ugly in '25 and he's banged up a lot. They can run everything back one more year before the salary cap gets ugly. They can honestly roll it through 2025 if they want to but then they will start to enter salary cap hell. I definitely think we'll start to see some of the guys move on after next year.

I'll be curious to see what happens.

Steelers have signed Van Jefferson to a 1yr contract....

they have to get bodies for the position....

Reports that Eagles went after Pickett after attempts to make a deal for Justin Fields fell through.

For all the players that are amped up to play for Mike Tomlin, there is a growing list of players who claim to have been offered greater roles/opportunities than what actually transpired: LeGarrett Blount, James Harrison, Melvin Ingram, Mitchell Trubisky, Mason Rudolph, and Kenny Pickett. Performance obviously factors in, but that’s a pretty substantial list.

For all the players that are amped up to play for Mike Tomlin, there is a growing list of players who claim to have been offered greater roles/opportunities than what actually transpired: LeGarrett Blount, James Harrison, Melvin Ingram, Mitchell Trubisky, Mason Rudolph, and Kenny Pickett. Performance obviously factors in, but that’s a pretty substantial list.
What what opportunities were those QBs mentioned in there that they didn’t get? They stunk when given a chance, that’s not on their HC

All three of those QBs were handed the keys to the car. Is it dad's fault when his kid totals it?

Sucks to suck

I'd call that a mark in the 'plus' column for Tomlin rather than a knock on him, though. Tells me he's not afraid to change course when something doesn't work out like originally planned, rather than riding that horse into the ground. Players might be slotted as starters based on talent/past performance, but they still have to earn it.

Back