The Official 2024 NFL Thread

All three of those QBs were handed the keys to the car. Is it dad's fault when his kid totals it?
What what opportunities were those QBs mentioned in there that they didn’t get? They stunk when given a chance, that’s not on their HC
No questioning their performances. As recently as last Friday, Pickett was being told there would be an open competition. That changed after the Wilson deal. Trubisky was brought in to start and yanked after 3.5 games. Rudolph was promised an open competition against Trubisky and Pickett and got no meaningful snaps. Unlike others on the list, Trubisky and Rudolph kept a professional demeanor, at least publicly. I’m not saying Tomlin should base his depth chart on off/season conversations, but I am saying that those conversations may be ambiguous at best.

Phenomenal career Aaron Donald.

Happy to not have my team play you 2 times a year. Welcome to the Hall.

Tyron Smith will now block for future third party VP candidate Aaron Rodgers

Diggs on the move?

Everything i have seen says his dead cap money this season makes it impossible to trade or release him. He has a habit of posting tweets like that which are ambiguous. I think its probable he will be here and even more likely he will have a good year. At least i hope so.

No questioning their performances. As recently as last Friday, Pickett was being told there would be an open competition. That changed after the Wilson deal. Trubisky was brought in to start and yanked after 3.5 games. Rudolph was promised an open competition against Trubisky and Pickett and got no meaningful snaps. Unlike others on the list, Trubisky and Rudolph kept a professional demeanor, at least publicly. I’m not saying Tomlin should base his depth chart on off/season conversations, but I am saying that those conversations may be ambiguous at best.
Trubisky was horrible, Pickett was not much if at all better, Rudolph showed "some" promise...I think the Steelers got rid of what they deemed the malcontents on the team.

Rams fan, here. I'm football depressed today.

It was an honor to witness such greatness for 10 years. People will debate GOAT status. It's only natural. To my eyes, and I watched very nearly all of their games played, the two greatest and most disruptive defensive players I ever personally witnessed (and by disruptive, I mean their accomplishments, of course, but also offensive assets neccessarily dedicated to stop them) were Lawrence Taylor and Aaron Donald.

I'd have to give the nod overall to LT, but AD was phenomenal and a damned joy to watch. Rams should immediately retire #99, and I will forever miss the last man in a Rams uniform to have donned that jersey number.

Love what DJ Reader is saying about playing with Alim McNeil. Going to be even harder to run the ball against the Lions next season.
How they can get a good end and corner in the draft, but like the Reader signing for sure.
Tyron Smith will now block for future third party VP candidate Aaron Rodgers
For 2 games until he gets hurt.

It was an honor to witness such greatness for 10 years. People will debate GOAT status. It's only natural. To my eyes, and I watched very nearly all of their games played, the two greatest and most disruptive defensive players I ever personally witnessed (and by disruptive, I mean their accomplishments, of course, but also offensive assets neccessarily dedicated to stop them) were Lawrence Taylor and Aaron Donald.

I'd have to give the nod overall to LT, but AD was phenomenal and a damned joy to watch. Rams should immediately retire #99, and I will forever miss the last man in a Rams uniform to have donned that jersey number.
Aaron Donald was fantastic and a 1st ballot HOF. I know recent bias always plays into who was the best at their position. There has been a lot of talk about Aaron Donald being the best lineman ever and comparing him with LT. Agree that LT changed his position forever and is in the top 3 all time at LB. However, I would also argue Reggie White was far superior to Aaron Donald.

Even all the best in the game argue Reggie was the best ever.

Donald was one of the scariest players for the Niners to play. He was so good. Just a game wrecker.

Aaron Donald was fantastic and a 1st ballot HOF. I know recent bias always plays into who was the best at their position. There has been a lot of talk about Aaron Donald being the best lineman ever and comparing him with LT. Agree that LT changed his position forever and is in the top 3 all time at LB. However, I would also argue Reggie White was far superior to Aaron Donald.

Even all the best in the game argue Reggie was the best ever.
I wouldn't even attempt to argue against The Minister of Defense. I didn't mention him previously but I sure did think of him. Reggie White was very similar to AD in that he possessed a physical strength far superior to others. He could also deftly play DT as well as DE. Although he was a significantly more superior DE to AD. He also possessed the size that AD did not. I've always entirely respected his game and who he was as a man. Of the DL who I've personally watched play. Reggie, AD, and Warren Sapp were the best I'd ever seen.

But... that leads me back to my mention of defensive players in general and the best two who I've witnessed being LT and AD. And that's because, when I said that I watched nearly every game both played, I meant it. I've been the definition of a football fanatic since my pre-teens. When living in NY (until 2015), although always a Rams fan, I saw 99% of all Giants and Jets games throughout LT's career. Every single week, glued to the tube as if an emotional need.

I got Directv in '93 for the sole purpose of Sunday Ticket's first season in '94. It was only then when my Giants/Jets viewing gave way to the Rams and various other games. From '94 until today, I've missed literally only a handful of Rams games.

So, with respect to Reggie White, Sapp, and others. Having vast experience as to witnessing the spectacle that was LT and the unrelenting force that was AD, they've made the deepest impression upon me.

I deeply respect so many who have played this game, but I completely marveled at those two.

Wait. A guy is drafted by a team, given the starting job, stinks horribly and somehow the coach did him wrong? Sorry can’t support this one. Every QB on that list got their chance to shine and every one of them failed.

So Mike Florio posts this like he knows something and it will happen today. I dont believe a word of it. So by the end of today and into the future will he post a retraction . Nope he will just post some other clickbait with no basis in fact. If im wrong and this is true ill be the first to admit it. If not will Florio post a retraction on his “ Pro Football Talk”. My guess is nope.
IMG_5741.jpeg

Hahahaha that Fields trade

Fields for a 1st round pick!*

*the 1st round after the 5th round

Steelers just traded for Fields.

6th rounder (25) that could be moved up to a 4th based on playing time.

He’s gone!!

So... for a cup of coffee.

And Philly supposedly touched base with Chicago about Fields before (if memory serves) swapping a 3rd for a 4th and Pickett? CrAzY.

Steelers just stole Fields.

This is the “downside” to slotted money in the draft. I tried to make an argument for Chicago keeping Fields but everyone with a brain knew that wasn’t the move, no matter who the QB was.

I can't imagine Russ is overly happy about that trade?

Fields stinks and isn’t an NFL starter. He’s also going to end up beating out Russell bussell.

Cousins going to ATL killed any value or leverage the Bears had. He just needed moved at this point

Anybody who said they should trade number 1 and open the bank for Fields just saw what the league thinks of his value. Oooof

Back