The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Hackers! I just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone, especially those I got to meet and play with last year! A repeat shoulder problem put me out of commish late last year and I chose rest and therapy/exercise over surgery since winter was fast approaching. Unfortunately during this time my mother was diagnosed with cancer and needless to say my schedule has gone to stupid.
I have been off the THP grid as a result but received a message from one of the guys (Adam....Boomboom) and wanted to come by to say hi as well as join the Albatross for another year!

Even if I don't get a chance to play or participate, it's another no brain-er to support THP and yet another great cause in the Humane Society this year!

I sincerely hope things get back to enough of normal so that I can go test my shoulder with some terrible drives and mediocre irons, and maybe even come make a couple putts at an event!
Thanks again JB and GG for another great cause to support! Good luck to all of you in the events this year, I hope to see you at one this year if things get back to "normal"!

Warren
Sorry to hear this Warren. Hope things turnaround soon.

THP will always be here.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

trolls.jpg

One of my closest friends in the world is moving to SoCal. Today is one the last times I'll see him for a minute. Happy for him and his family but kind of sucks for me.
Sorry to hear this Freddie, sounds like one of those friends where you can just pickup where you left off next time you see him, even if it has been a long time. Those friends are hard to come by.

Yah one of the main reasons we just moved out to the country.

The **** was rolling uphill and had two shootings within 4 blocks of our house.

Peace out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Here in Cali it's called "in-fill". The local Gov places "subsidized" families and parolees into new subdivisions because everyone "deserves" to live in a nice neighborhood. Sister-in-law found out about that the hard way, nothing like a $350,000+ mortgage and your neighbor behind you is constantly being raided.

Fortunately, we live in a older, desirable neighborhood so in-fill can't happen. However, the hood is close enough that our Association has a contract with the Sheriff's department for our own patrol.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Funny it's a pic of multiple trolls. Feels a lot like we may have a poster who plays the part of more than one THPer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not when you have access to a BAN button you don't. :banana:

I have no ban button, but I do have the Gump bin, and I have made use of it more than once.

I know it sounds rednecky, but maybe neighborhood watch type group needs to corner this fool and give him some reasons to leave the area.
Out where we live there were a few break ins and the guy was caught by some neighbors and they had a "talk" with him before the police got there, needless to say he has not been back or any other problems since then. A lot of these type folks know each other and word gets around about places not to mess with.

Certainly not the PC way to handle it but sometimes it is needed.

My wife handles the blood center in Lorain and they had a drive while she was there and said it was scary.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Been having issues with my cable tv. Some stations are kind of choppy but all of them still come in, except the Golf channel, grrrrr.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Been having issues with my cable tv. Some stations are kind of choppy but all of them still come in, except the Golf channel, grrrrr.

Sounds like a re-boot may be in order.

Sounds like a re-boot may be in order.
Supposedly there's a bad cable in the wall or in the upstairs apartment according to the Time Warner guy. Waiting to hear from my apartment management company about running a new line.

Ha ha ha ... received my third shipment from RBG over this shaft issue (I bought R-flex). Opened it up and BAM! S-flex. Not only that, it's the same flipping club that I sent back. Not the same type, but the very same exact club. I'm so done dealing with Rock Bottom Golf.

I put 933 work related miles on my car in the last 8 days. I know that's not Michigan Slice territory (I'd like to meet him someday), but that is an insane amount of driving for me.

And the week after next I have to go to Long Island for more of the same…

I put 933 work related miles on my car in the last 8 days. I know that's not Michigan Slice territory (I'd like to meet him someday), but that is an insane amount of driving for me.

And the week after next I have to go to Long Island for more of the same…

That is ridiculous.. I hope you get reimbursed for those miles.

Ha ha ha ... received my third shipment from RBG over this shaft issue (I bought R-flex). Opened it up and BAM! S-flex. Not only that, it's the same flipping club that I sent back. Not the same type, but the very same exact club. I'm so done dealing with Rock Bottom Golf.

So how much in return shipping have you spent trying to rectify this? I would take a pic and do a Freddie telestrator job on it circling the markings on the shaft and their sticker with something like "Hey, dummies! This (shaft marking) determines flex, not this (their stupid sticker)."

You could always play the stiff and see how it works out for you. I took three woods to RTJ last weekend each with a different flex, and managed to hit all three decently (at least during practice :/)

Fortunately it's all been on their own dime. I did take pictures and circle the discrepancies ... their inventory tag says "Reg" but the shaft clearly is marked "S flex" not three inches away. I marked the bag when I sent it back, so I know they're simply receiving my return, boxing it up and shipping it back to me. I don't know why they can't figure this out.

On Twitter I asked them to ship me an R-flex and if I receive an R-flex I'll gladly - on my own dime - ship back the S-flex.

My only other option is to simply forsake RBG, order a shaft and have it replaced myself ... but it'll double the cost of the purchase, so I'm reluctant to do that when they "claim" they have R flex in stock. I could play the S flex, but I have an R-flex 5H and an R-flex 7I. I also paid for the R-flex, so I'd rather own the R-flex.

So how much in return shipping have you spent trying to rectify this? I would take a pic and do a Freddie telestrator job on it circling the markings on the shaft and their sticker with something like "Hey, dummies! This (shaft marking) determines flex, not this (their stupid sticker)."

You could always play the stiff and see how it works out for you. I took three woods to RTJ last weekend each with a different flex, and managed to hit all three decently (at least during practice :/)

That would be close to $500 in reimbursement I think, depending on the rate set by the IRS. Keep it documented and if you don't get reimbursed I think you can at least deduct the reimbursement rate from your taxes (CPAs feel free to confirm/deny)

Been dealing with a ridiculously watery eye x 3-4 months. The past week has been worse then ever and woke up with it crusted shut. Assuming I have pink eye, I called off sick.

Got into my ophthalmologist and she informed me I have chronic allergic conjunctivitis = chronic allergies in my eyeball. Thus, eye drops until forever!

What. The. Poop. This getting older stuff is for the birds.

Been dealing with a ridiculously watery eye x 3-4 months. The past week has been worse then ever and woke up with it crusted shut. Assuming I have pink eye, I called off sick.

Got into my ophthalmologist and she informed me I have chronic allergic conjunctivitis = chronic allergies in my eyeball. Thus, eye drops until forever!

What. The. Poop. This getting older stuff is for the birds.

Will your drops make Phil look better...?

Fortunately it's all been on their own dime. I did take pictures and circle the discrepancies ... their inventory tag says "Reg" but the shaft clearly is marked "S flex" not three inches away. I marked the bag when I sent it back, so I know they're simply receiving my return, boxing it up and shipping it back to me. I don't know why they can't figure this out.

On Twitter I asked them to ship me an R-flex and if I receive an R-flex I'll gladly - on my own dime - ship back the S-flex.

My only other option is to simply forsake RBG, order a shaft and have it replaced myself ... but it'll double the cost of the purchase, so I'm reluctant to do that when they "claim" they have R flex in stock. I could play the S flex, but I have an R-flex 5H and an R-flex 7I. I also paid for the R-flex, so I'd rather own the R-flex.

I'm sure they do. That little sticker thing that is used for stock keeping says so. They likely just have a drone in there that knows how to scan those barcodes, read what comes up on the display, and that's about it.

Federal rate for reimbursement, 54 cents/mile currently. I'd rather give back the $500 and work from home…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back