The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
An undersized unit will cost more to run and will end up needing replaced. A properly sized unit shouldn't be much more.

smallest unit possible, not undersized. she keeps the downstairs on like 78.

Okay parents explain this. In my row on the plane I have mother siting next to me and her 1 year old in her lap rather than the empty seat by the window.

If that seat is empty, why would you not move over and take it so your child will stop throwing things all over the person next to you and screaming at the top of your lungs in their ear.

It seems like I must be missing something since nobody would choose to give up space vs having it.

Okay parents explain this. In my row on the plane I have mother siting next to me and her 1 year old in her lap rather than the empty seat by the window.

If that seat is empty, why would you not move over and take it so your child will stop throwing things all over the person next to you and screaming at the top of your lungs in their ear.

It seems like I must be missing something since nobody would choose to give up space vs having it.

Nobody except people that fly with you lol. I don’t know why anyone would choose a middle seat instead of a window. Especially if taking a window meant you’d have an empty seat beside you.

Probably a novice flyer. She likely doesn’t know/understand that you can move to a different seat if it’s open.

There is no explanation other than some people are idiots.

She should have moved over. Seems odd that she wouldn’t want that little bit of extra space. As for the screaming, that wouldn’t have been that much softer if she moved over. Although not being RIGHT next to you would be reprieve enough

But the child is supposed to remain in the parents lap while under a certain age. I don’t know why, I just remember my wife placing one of my daughters next to her one flight and was told by an attendant she had to keep our daughter in her lap.

Did she have sleeves on and shoes at least? Cauuussse the guy who just sat next to me is wearing the equivalent of a undershirt “tank top / beater” and flip flops. he’s also not a slender gentleman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why doesn't WAZE update regularly? I ran into to cops this morning that were not on Waze. Then I posted that they were there and then it pops up and says "Police in 300 feet" .... NO SH*T! How about popping up BEFORE I get to it?? Would be nice to know as I'm going by at 80 mph.

what are you talking about you monster, my child is an angel

So our building got new carpet last year. Well, a good portion of it. They stopped after doing the office areas, but didn't do the common areas. Yesterday, we get an email explaining the a/c will be shut off during the weekends for abatement. Yep, asbestos. This is an older building, and at some point, they just carpeted over old tiles, and would leave the tiles alone everytime they did new carpet. Now, they can't say exactly where in the building the tile is, because sometimes agencies would renovate and update afterwards, despite being a DMS owned building. They had some meetings this morning to explain to people what was going on, they didn't go well. Apparently some carpet was pulled up and the underlying tiles came up with the old carpet, exposing some asbestos laced adhesive. The carpet guys immediately stopped work, covered the exposed area and called their boss, who notified DMS, who owns the building. This was October. No one is able to answer if any air testing was done then. They said some testing was done recently. Whoever the carpet contractor called at DMS doesn't even work for the agency anymore. A woman I work with knows the abatement contractor and is not confident. Her brother works for the city in some type of building management capacity and said they refuse to hire this contractor for their own abatement projects.

I forwarded the email to an old boss whom I told this building was trying to kill me when I moved to it in 2004.

Why doesn't WAZE update regularly? I ran into to cops this morning that were not on Waze. Then I posted that they were there and then it pops up and says "Police in 300 feet" .... NO SH*T! How about popping up BEFORE I get to it?? Would be nice to know as I'm going by at 80 mph.

Or you could obey the law.

That's no fun especially in a Camaro

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So did they get you? Everyone is doing 80 that time of day.

BTW, Waze marks the spot of the user when they make the report. Guessing everyone else was the same as you..."Oh, sh!t, a cop!"

So did they get you? Everyone is doing 80 that time of day.

BTW, Waze marks the spot of the user when they make the report. Guessing everyone else was the same as you..."Oh, sh!t, a cop!"
Nope.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Moved things around upstairs last night to move my computer into the bedroom that is basically going to be my office, only to find when I plugged the network cables in that the network points in that room weren't working

As I don't have the gear needed to fix it, we are having to call the electrician who re-wired our house to get him to check those couple of ports, and in the meantime I am having to order a long network cable to run it to the port in the other room where it previously was
I know it isn't the cables or switch as they have all been tested in other rooms and work fine and I have tested known working cables in the ports and they didn't work, so it has to be the ports

Moved things around upstairs last night to move my computer into the bedroom that is basically going to be my office, only to find when I plugged the network cables in that the network points in that room weren't working

As I don't have the gear needed to fix it, we are having to call the electrician who re-wired our house to get him to check those couple of ports, and in the meantime I am having to order a long network cable to run it to the port in the other room where it previously was
I know it isn't the cables or switch as they have all been tested in other rooms and work fine and I have tested known working cables in the ports and they didn't work, so it has to be the ports
Do you get any link lights on your nic port or does it appear to be completely dead?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you get any link lights on your nic port or does it appear to be completely dead?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It is completely dead - no traffic at all

Best guess is there are at least a couple strands not making a connection in the back of the socket

Having done some network points myself in my previous house I know how awkward it can be to get them all connected sometimes

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I got a frantic phone call from my old boss’s wife (I’ve kept in touch as he was a mentor of mine for many years)

I was asked how much money it would take to come back and run the company. (You couldn’t pay me enough to work for that man again). Apparently he has been in the hospital for 2 weeks and the guy left in charge of running the company is totally incompetent to run an auto repair shop...

So for two days now I’ve been spending time at the shop trying to coach and give this guy some shop management 101 stuff...

owner is being taken off life support today. His wife may not have access to his other bank accounts (which have a considerable amount of money in them) until she can go through a lengthy court process. Hopefully her attorney can help shorten that process.

The business that supports 3 techs, one admin and the landlord who owns the property may not survive as the person left to run it is completely incompetent to run an auto shop and has refused help from me to learn.

Now I have to decide if I want to leave my position with a global corporation where I have a comfortable salary, excellent benefits and the flexibility I need to be involved in my childrens' lives... and go run his company.

And Im losing a good friend and mentor...

And Im losing a good friend and mentor...

Tough situation and I am sorry about your friend. I am not in any position to offer you good advice, but if I were in your shoes, I would hesitate leaving your current position without some guarantees from the new/former position.

Well well well...flight delays...do I need to elaborate?

1:53am flight home..ugg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back