Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
Is it still the most competitive or deepest field event?

Last edited:
most competitive? Probably not. Deepest field? Maybe

I don't know since I really don't pay much attention to it. But I hope it doesn't open up the door for people to start claiming it is the 5th major. There are only 4 majors and that's the way it should be!!!

most competitive? Probably not. Deepest field? Maybe
You think that is still the case? Next year who could be considered among the best not to play.

Cam smith - previous winner
Jon Rahm
Bryson
Brooks
Talor Gooch

I don't know since I really don't pay much attention to it. But I hope it doesn't open up the door for people to start claiming it is the 5th major. There are only 4 majors and that's the way it should be!!!
If anything, these claims are losing steam..

How funny would it be for Jay to send an invite to those guys? What’s he got to lose?

I would say that outside of the majors it has the deepest field.

Who knows anymore?

Still one of my favorites to watch, as I love the course.

You think that is still the case? Next year who could be considered among the best not to play.

Cam smith - previous winner
Jon Rahm
Bryson
Brooks
Talor Gooch
that’s the downfall to this whole thing. It sucks that we don’t get to see the best in the world play more than four times a year. And even then there’s major talent missing

I would say that outside of the majors it has the deepest field.
Well, it has a way deeper field still than the Masters. That is maybe one of the weakest fields due to past champion status.

that’s the downfall to this whole thing. It sucks that we don’t get to see the best in the world play more than four times a year. And even then there’s major talent missing
Yep. It is really irritating to me..

I just saw a Players Commercial that prompted this thread. I don’t think the players is all that elevated anymore. What makes it better than the waste management or Riviera at this point?

Yep. It is really irritating to me..

I just saw a Players Commercial that prompted this thread. I don’t think the players is all that elevated anymore. What makes it better than the waste management or Riviera at this point?
Other than the most iconic hole in golf, not a lot

I am not sure if it is either at this point but I still enjoy watching it.

Other than the most iconic hole in golf, not a lot
I wonder now. If you put it to vote. What would win. 17 at sawgrass or 16 at the waste?

I am not sure if it is either at this point but I still enjoy watching it.
For sure it’s a fun golf event. But just feel like another one at this point..

I wonder now. If you put it to vote. What would win. 17 at sawgrass or 16 at the waste?
To me... there is no comparison. The word “waste” describes the “Waste Management” in my opinion.

Casuals know both holes. I have no data to say which is more popular among casuals. From a golfer's point of view the 16th at the WMO is as bland as boiled chicken. Everything about the 17th at Sawgrass is superior except the beer throwing.

17 hands down is a better golf hole. 16 is a **** show with no trouble.

Casuals know both holes. I have no data to say which is more popular among casuals. From a golfer's point of view the 16th at the WMO is as bland as boiled chicken. Everything about the 17th at Sawgrass is superior except the beer throwing.
I don’t completely disagree. But from an event and spectacle perspective.. I think the 16th may pip the 17th.

To me... there is no comparison. The word “waste” describes the “Waste Management” in my opinion.
I refer to it as the "Wasted Management". :LOL: It's the Monster Truck Rally of golf events.

I refer to it as the "Wasted Management". :LOL: It's the Monster Truck Rally of golf events.
I think it has its place once a year. It’s a big enough deal that it has been copied a few other places..

Yeah what a waste.

The Thunderbirds and the WM Phoenix Open have now raised more than $124 million ($124,558,224) since 2010 when WM was named title sponsor, and more than $190 million ($190,637,790) for Arizona Charities in its 88-year history as one of the five longest-running events on the PGA TOUR.

Back