The Super Bowl LIV Thread

Wait, so if I claim to be a fan of the Bengals now while they are still hot garbage, I don't have to be called a bandwagoner?

Or does the fact that I made fun of them for employing criminals and sucking for the last two decades make me ineligible?

Best part of that game was the 1-0 final score for SB Squares.

Only a few notes. Williams robbed of the MVP. Terrible game management by Shanahan. Mahomes starts slow, finishes strong unlike JimmyG. Wouldn't shock me to see KC v. SF Part 2 next year.

@93civiccpe we got room for you on our bandwagon...and a place to stay if you want to go to a game!
I'll be the biggest Chiefs fan every time they play the Patriots or the Seahawks!! Is that close enough??

In case anyone missed the halftime show, Shakira and hhheennnifer lopez

FB_IMG_1580758627192.jpg

I can’t tell you how many Patriots fans I’ve come across over the years that I see decked out in gear and I ask...ever been to Foxboro? The answer 9/10 times is no. I’ll also ask...how long you been a fan and the answer is almost always since around 2000 or 2001. Bandwagoners.

I hear ya. I am a Patriots fan. I was there when they went 1 and 15. I was there watching on TV when they got crushed by the Bears and by the Frig. I lived through the Grogan years, the Eason years, the Bledsoe years, the Flutie years. I have been to Foxboro. And I hate bandwagoners as much as you do. :)

Didn't have a dog in the fight, but I'm glad to see an old AFL team win.
I remember watching Lenny Dawson play against the Patriots in Fenway Park back when I was in college.

I hear ya. I am a Patriots fan. I was there when they went 1 and 15. I was there watching on TV when they got crushed by the Bears and by the Frig. I lived through the Grogan years, the Eason years, the Bledsoe years, the Flutie years. I have been to Foxboro. And I hate bandwagoners as much as you do. :)

I went to Friday night home games at Fenway Park back in the 1960s.
Those were the Babe Parilli years!

That was a rowdy crowd.
Now, in Foxborough, we're the snobby wine and cheese crowd.
Drives Middle America crazy, but the Chiefs came through for flyover country yesterday.

Didn't have a dog in the fight, but I'm glad to see an old AFL team win.
I remember watching Lenny Dawson play against the Patriots in Fenway Park back when I was in college.

Back when they were the Boston Patriots. I too can recall the AFL, although only its last three seasons. And those Patriots had a great running back named Jim Nance (not the Jim Nantz from CBS Sports).

I'm a fan of the Chiefs from back at the end of the AFL. I can remember watching the games on NBC with Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis. The Chiefs of Len Dawson, Otis Taylor, Buck Buchanan, Willie Lanier, Johnny Robinson and Bobby Bell.

I went to Friday night home games at Fenway Park back in the 1960s.
Those were the Babe Parilli years!
Back when they were the Boston Patriots. I too can recall the AFL, although only its last three seasons. And those Patriots had a great running back named Jim Nance (not the Jim Nantz from CBS Sports).

I'm a fan of the Chiefs from back at the end of the AFL. I can remember watching the games on NBC with Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis. The Chiefs of Len Dawson, Otis Taylor, Buck Buchanan, Willie Lanier, Johnny Robinson and Bobby Bell.

Good times, those. Jim Nance was money in short yardage situations.
Hank Stram was a hoot. Always wore sharp threads. The coaches don't have the same look the way they dress now.

The good: thought the commercials were relatively good
The bad: the game was kinda meh
The ugly: the halftime show, of course

The good was the game
The bad was announcers, as always
the ugly was the 4th quarter for the 49ers
the beautiful was halftime with Shakira and JLo

Interesting. I was disappointed with the commercials.
Didn't have a dog in the fight, but thought it was mostly a good, competitive game.
And there was no way that I was ever going to watch that halftime show.
I took the dog out for a short walk instead.

Curious on the best commercial for those that liked it.... obviously google was touching, I think Post Malone Bud Light Hard Seltzer was the best... Doritos with Nas X and Sam Elliot was 2nd

The game was okay. I was glad it was at least competitive.

As a college kid who couldn't really afford it, I lost a bundle betting on Kansas City in Super Bowl I.

I had to root for them any way because first, they're an old AFL team,
and second, it's bad enough that we're tied with Pittsburgh.
We don't need SF at six Lombardi Trophies as well.

Incredible and cold day here in KC. 20200205_121038.jpg

Last edited:
Back