The Unusual/Weird Lie Thread

Conditions are a bit soft out there, eh? Lift and clean.

The Unusual/Weird Lie Thread

0db58783c376851ff26b03aa96f4dda2.jpg

First hole county championship this summer . Pulled it left on a dirt mound. took a free drop and hit slight right of green with long iron . Chipped up and how hum par .. Few of the players said I should've took a penalty shot since it wasn't roped off. Pro came out and said 2 club lengths and no penalty

Shot a 77 .. But this up and down after a bad drive helped me really make some great putts that day . A tight long course from the back . 77 was middle back , not bad from a old fart like me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it may come out hot!

0db58783c376851ff26b03aa96f4dda2.jpg

First hole county championship this summer . Pulled it left on a dirt mound. took a free drop and hit slight right of green with long iron . Chipped up and how hum par .. Few of the players said I should've took a penalty shot since it wasn't roped off. Pro came out and said 2 club lengths and no penalty

Shot a 77 .. But this up and down after a bad drive helped me really make some great putts that day . A tight long course from the back . 77 was middle back , not bad from a old fart like me

Pro was right about no penalty, but wrong about the relief procedure. Should have determined the nearest point that gives complete relief from the condition, but not closer to the hole, nor in a hazard or on a putting green. Then you measure or estimate one clublength from that NPR and drop within that measured arc, still maintaining complete relief from the condition and not closer to the hole than the NPR. See Rule 25-1b for the actual wording.

I don't know why, maybe I've just never noticed this happening, but my ball was covered in sand from rolling in, struck me as odd!

Here was a fun, harmless little guy.... Middle of fairway, cant remember which course, but was in Utah...

And then there was this guy who asked to play through....his Barry White voice suggested I let him do whatever he wanted....This was home course in Montana @ Yellowstone Country Club, hole #2, on the green....

Last edited:
I don't know why, maybe I've just never noticed this happening, but my ball was covered in sand from rolling in, struck me as odd!

Thats pretty normal when it's wet out.

Thats pretty normal when it's wet out.

That's what I thought. But I got to thinking and couldn't remember the last time I saw it. Maybe I'm not in bunkers as much as I think! Especially early in the wet morning dew!

Worst Lie EVER - Lets have some pics of horrendous lies

Worst Lie EVER - Lets have some pics of horrendous lies

This was not what I was looking for when I approached the deep greenside bunker after pushing my approach. Oh well ... somehow managed to get some height on it & on the putting surface and managed a decent lag & ultimately 2 putted. Lets have some of your worst lies ...

worst lie ever.jpg

I wish I had a pic of the one I just had. Landed on a par 3 short but 2 yards from the green, ball literally buried below the surface. Ground there had just been watered and was super soft....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I wish I had a pic of the one I just had. Landed on a par 3 short but 2 yards from the green, ball literally buried below the surface. Ground there had just been watered and was super soft....

Under Rule 25-2, a player may only take relief from a ball that is embedded in a closely-mown area through the green. A closely-mown area is any area that is mowed to fairway height or less. However, the Committee may adopt a Local Rule that allows for relief from an embedded ball anywhere through the green. This Local Rule can be found in Appendix I; Part B.

free relief!

here's my worst lie caught on camera, ball being held up by grass directly over water (hole is to the left)
WaFcXXr.jpg

free relief!

here's my worst lie caught on camera, ball being held up by grass directly over water (hole is to the left)
WaFcXXr.jpg
Yes I took relief on it.

5ec8c3847bb088b1cfe52da4797f3fbf.jpg

Had this gem a few weeks ago. It wouldn't have been so bad had it not been where my tee shot (on a par 5) came to rest. Hacked it out, 2 more to get close, chip and a putt for bogey.

b656c283efff6922efcd915b020bbd60.jpg

Um..... yeah. Off the ground 3 feet.

First one is mine from last winter, lift and clean FTW

Second one isn't mine but found it approaching a par 3 with trees down the right side.

20150505_073904_zpslplyjy8d.jpg

20151115_122638_zpsjqbtt2lk.jpg

On a side note man is photo bucket a PITA with all the pop up ads

I think we have a WINNER ! I love seeing all the bad lie pics - gotta just shake your head and laugh at this one

I had to hit one pretty similar to that at The Gauntlet. Not in a cactus though.

Not mine but I'm assuming he took a drop.
f59c6d8aeea0b0bd4c0ae31033784a78.jpg

I hit a sh!tty pull of the tee at #3 at Bayonet and Black Horse (Black Horse side), which is an 375 yard, uphill par 4. I watch my ball hit a smaller branch and ricochet HARD left and disappear. This is where I finally found it.

tjdYKsMl.jpg

I ended up using my Orange Whip to get it down prior to taking a penalty for an unplayable lie :bulgy-eyes:

So I hit my ball into a tree yesterday, walked up to the tree expecting it to be under it, was even using an orange ball so I thought it would be easy to find, all 3 of us walked all the way around the tree before we found it, had to get a pic, so did my playing partners!!!
0546CD35-26EF-453A-8A35-532C904304E2_zpsbvet4zbv.jpg
3EA69279-3A47-461F-8203-DAA3F8F6CBF5_zps1udsumtg.jpg

So I hit my ball into a tree yesterday, walked up to the tree expecting it to be under it, was even using an orange ball so I thought it would be easy to find, all 3 of us walked all the way around the tree before we found it, had to get a pic, so did my playing partners!!!

Tell me you flushed it off of that Hahahaha

My ball found and stuck in a tree!
741a929e6e5226c2c4290c1cd075485e.jpg
4156c466053992b8f3001cb8cca2acc8.jpg

My ball found and stuck in a tree!
741a929e6e5226c2c4290c1cd075485e.jpg
4156c466053992b8f3001cb8cca2acc8.jpg

Playing from the fairway is too easy for ya. eh. Haha.

Nothing out of this world odd but 3 holes in a row my tee ball came to rest in divots that resembled ditches.

Back