The Unusual/Weird Lie Thread

I was plugged in the side of a trap this weekend. There was probably a foot and a half difference between the height of where I could put my right and left foot. Needless to say, took me two shots to get out.

Managed to get this out in 1 try. Left it on the fringe. 2-putts for bogey.

are2ene5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Getting stuck behind an exposed tree root is never fun. Too many times.

For a second, by the title of your thread, I was going to say the worst lie is when I am told "Your swing looks good", but then I see that you meant the ball lie.:confused2:

Well my group call them Danny lies as that is my nickname but two that come to mind are one that was in the middle of a hollowed out tree trunk and one that landed and caught in the top of a bush.

This past Friday hit one to the far side of the wrong fairway. Almost there and I hear the tractor mower strike the ball and watch it shoot back over to the right fairway practically split in two.

I had a mover scalp a brand new TM tour preferred ball today after a monstrous drive. WtF dude don't hit the only white thing in the fairway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had two buried in the lip bunker lies in my last two rounds.

2lxupmf.jpg

Today

117eq2s.jpg

Wednesday

Loved this one ... so close, but yet so far. Took me three shotsto get this onto the green.

gaqu8a5e.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

My least favorite lie is finding a ball laying down in deep/thick rough around the edge of the green and the grass lying down and into you. That shot gives me nightmares!!!

Photo and shot of the day....

Photo and shot of the day....

I took this while playing in the Puyallup Rotary Club Scramble, at High Cedars Championship Golf Course. John, one of my playing partners, hit a line drive 110 yards down range and left of the fairway.... deep into this tree trunk. We heard it hit something, but didn't see it bounce off anything, and this is why.

10507100_10152425183613401_4193647529138408990_o.jpg

Worst Lie of Your Round

Worst Lie of Your Round

Thought this would be an entertaining thread as we get some rather atrocious lies around the golf course. Here's my beauty from today.

bed7afc278f8cac803ceefb3dba81094.jpg

where's your ball landing lately?

Thought this would be an entertaining thread as we get some rather atrocious lies around the golf course. Here's my beauty from today.

hahahaha. Hmmm Stacy had a shot like that too.

That's a good divot hole.

You get a free drop from that, right? haha

Did your ball make that pitch mark about 3 inches in front of the ball? I see that all the time on my course, including about a 5 times today. Drives that are hit well with a slight draw are not supposed to hit and back up!!!

I need to find the Indy Extra Rounds thread. In there is a nasty one that lightningbolt had

Cool thread!

I wish I had a picture of my lie in the bunker last time the PNW crew played at Northview. It was submerged to the point that I couldn't even find the ball.

I didnt get a picture but the other day I hit a nice high 8 iron from about 150 out trying to just clear the bunker that was blocking most of the flag from view. I saw the ball come down but didnt realize where it landed. For reference this particular bunker has about a 3 ft face towards the green and a pretty steep slope going down from the fairway with about a 2-3 inch lip on that side. I get to the green and start looking for my ball nowhere to be found. Puzzled I start tracing my trajectory backwards from the flag and see what appears to be a dime size sliver of white embedded right up next to the lip on the down slope coming into the bunker. It was similar to that Anthony guys lie on big break from last season. Anyhow Ive never had a lie like this and going sideways didnt really present the approach I was wanting even though that would probably have been the best choice. I got into a greatly uncomfortable stance put all the lag I could into my SW and struck downward at what seemed to be a 75 degree angle and guess what..........no I did not get it out of the bunker but I got it to the middle of the bunker so I basically just unburied it. Not looking forward to that type of lie anytime soon.

Did your ball make that pitch mark about 3 inches in front of the ball? I see that all the time on my course, including about a 5 times today. Drives that are hit well with a slight draw are not supposed to hit and back up!!!

haha sure did. Lift clean and place all weekend because it's really wet. I had a chunk of mud on my ball on 80% of the holes hahahaha

"I shot 79."

:bananadance:

Oh wait.....

Nothing too bad. 17 I had one where I was one foot in the bunker and one foot out. Ball was up against the collar, so I had to get a little choppy on it.

Worst Lie of Your Round

Worst Lie of Your Round

So I'm in the right rough under a branch on a dog leg right. With water left I pulled my 4 iron to play a low fade punch. I prefaced the shot to my playing partner by saying " time for a little razzle-dazzle." He fell over laughing when this was the result

54490cceff2bb5678603f50ce2756058.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

found it! oh wait, not that kind of lie...

Back