The Will Zalatoris Thread

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I like this kid a lot. Love his iron game and how crisply he strikes the ball.

After The Masters I was trying to figure out his Tour situation as he does not have a Tour card right now and is still on the Korn Ferry Tour officially. I found this article linked below. Summary is that he has a special exemption to play on as many sponsor exemptions as he wants this year. If he gets more unofficial Fedex Cup points than the top 125 he will get his Tour card. Right now if he counted he would be in the top 10 so he is safely on his way to doing that. His points are unofficial because he does not have a Tour card and would not qualify for the FedEx Cup without getting one during the year. The only way to do that mid-year is to get a W.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pg...ga-tour-special-temporary-membership.amp.html

Very likeable young man. I wish him the best going forward. Always fun to see new young talent and this kid has the "it" factor. IMO

I like watching him swing! I call him Mr. Posture as I don't think I've seen better posture at setup.

Hard to not think Johnny Miller.

He should be holding his head high today; fantastic job there.

He is now #27 in the OWGR. And his post round interview on CBS yesterday shows that he has something to offer both on and off the course. He came across very well in that interview.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed watching him over the weekend, and he seemed to be having the time of his life which was refreshing to see.

I loved his attitude and approach all week. Hope he gets full status soon.

I loved his attitude and approach all week. Hope he gets full status soon.

His world ranking will get him into the Majors. He should have no issue getting the sponsors exemptions for other tournaments. I would love to see him get full status so he is eligible for the Fed Ex Cup playoffs.

Thanks for sharing @DataDude I had no idea who this kid was. But it was very easy to root for him as his story was layed out. He played extremely well, i was impressed he not only played well, he didn't appear to struggle under the pressure. I'm glad he accepted and look forward to watching him throughhis career on the tour.

Definitely a fun young guy to root for. His iron play is extremely enviable, even by Tour standards.

Thanks for sharing @DataDude I had no idea who this kid was. But it was very easy to root for him as his story was layed out. He played extremely well, i was impressed he not only played well, he didn't appear to struggle under the pressure. I'm glad he accepted and look forward to watching him throughhis career on the tour.
Yeah he was on the Daily Fantasy Radar at the US Open last year. All the folks were saying grab this kid Zalatoris. He is lighting up the Korn Ferry Tour, he has a best in the world approach game, and he should do well. He was $6500 on DK that week and scored a 6th place for me. I have been watching since then. He has done nothing but grab top 20's and top 10's in his Tour events. I would be surprised if he didn't grab a win before the end of the year.

I watched an interview this week and someone asked, "has anyone told you that you look and sound like Owen Wilson?"

Will's response, "wow."

He might be my new favorite golfer.

Quick question, don't they allow you to eat on the corn ferry tour?

Seriously how does someone that thin/small generate such distance?

I was thinking Cory Pavin but with power!

Fantastic player... lots of fun to watch!! Reminds me of a cross somewhere between Jeff Spicoli and Owen Wilson...

"Dude..let's party and snag a righteous second place!"

10fea556-54d1-4c46-b584-265d993a14b3.jpg

This guy is just so likeable and a killer golf game.
I might actually like him if he wasn't an armlocker :p

Really impressed with how well he handled the pressure and played. He also seems to be a really fun guy. Twitted about looking like the Happy Gilmore caddy. So funny!

Played with a family member of his several years ago. He told me to watch out for this kid in a few years. Needless to say he was right. He definitely has all the tools to be a mega star. Putting can be a little shaky at times, but man his ball striking is elite.

He's got to have a lot of confidence after this performance. If you can hang with the likes of that leaderboard going into the final round and be the one that doesn't falter, big boost.

I certainly became a fan this weekend!

Back