The XXIO X Lineup

Even though the 7 iron is broken, I took these irons out today for my round. I popped an Epic Forged 7 iron in the bag. Here are a few thoughts. I have been playing a player cavity since July and these definitely look much larger to my eye. They also have some offset that is noticeable. However, there is no “junk in the trunk” sticking out. Even though the soles are wider than I am used to playing, the XXIOs have the V sole seen in its siblings, the Srixon irons. Either in reality or in my mind, the V sole makes them play more like a thinner soled iron, something very appealing to me.

These irons are very long. The temp was low 40’s and I hit one six iron over 200 yards. I always make sure that people understand that such distance are partly the result of playing at elevation, but that still is a very long 6 iron for me, given the temps.

Even in the cold temperatures, the irons really do feel extremely soft, as was emphasized by @JDax, in his thread where he chose his irons for the coming year, with this iron offering coming out on top. The launch and ball flight is high. These are very forgiving on thin misses, which is where I see a lot of my own misses.

I hit 12 GIR in my round today. These irons could work for a lot of people, in my opinion. Tomorrow, I am going in for an iron fitting. I intend to take @JB’s advice and see if I can hit them with a Kinetixx shaft in the 95 gram class.
5BA44327-C65A-48D6-A7C2-FCB0F4529A2B.jpeg
I have them in the bag for tomorrow & Sunday. Very soft and cold conditions... I’ll let y’all know how it goes...

Even though the 7 iron is broken, I took these irons out today for my round. I popped an Epic Forged 7 iron in the bag. Here are a few thoughts. I have been playing a player cavity since July and these definitely look much larger to my eye. They also have some offset that is noticeable. However, there is no “junk in the trunk” sticking out. Even though the soles are wider than I am used to playing, the XXIOs have the V sole seen in its siblings, the Srixon irons. Either in reality or in my mind, the V sole makes them play more like a thinner soled iron, something very appealing to me.

These irons are very long. The temp was low 40’s and I hit one six iron over 200 yards. I always make sure that people understand that such distance are partly the result of playing at elevation, but that still is a very long 6 iron for me, given the temps.

Even in the cold temperatures, the irons really do feel extremely soft, as was emphasized by @JDax, in his thread where he chose his irons for the coming year, with this iron offering coming out on top. The launch and ball flight is high. These are very forgiving on thin misses, which is where I see a lot of my own misses.

I hit 12 GIR in my round today. These irons could work for a lot of people, in my opinion. Tomorrow, I am going in for an iron fitting. I intend to take @JB’s advice and see if I can hit them with a Kinetixx shaft in the 95 gram class.
I think the great thing about these irons is that they can work for a wide range of golfers, from the stock set up with the counter balance weight in the grip to pulling the heads and putting something heavier in shaft selection in them. I can’t wait to see what shaft the fitter puts you in...

5941EC25-3CFD-451F-9955-3034BE048E42.jpeg
B6DDDEEC-9806-43C2-BAB6-4219E731F2BE.jpeg
Morning XXIO Nation... #NotJustForYourDad begins today...

@JDax Bag looks sick....go out this weekend and shoot a PB! Have fun...they look solid.

How’d it go, @JDax?

Inquiring minds want to know! They are beautiful clubs.

How’d it go, @JDax?
It went ok...

Pros:
These irons feel and sound great .
Even in cold weather the distances I was getting
were as expected .

Cons:
I was so rusty and couldn’t get rid of the toe miss all day.
In soft conditions the V-Sole digs leading to some fat shots.

It went ok...

Pros:
These irons feel and sound great .
Even in cold weather the distances I was getting
were as expected .

Cons:
I was so rusty and couldn’t get rid of the toe miss all day.
In soft conditions the V-Sole digs leading to some fat shots.
It’s hard to take much away from real winter golf. Conditions are so variable. One green frozen, another with standing water. Fairways soggy.

I went in for my fitting and was very surprised that my best numbers came with a shaft I know nothing about and have never seen on another set of irons, either in a store or out in the wild. The shaft was the Fujikura Pro 95i stiff. I so wanted the Paderson shafts to be the ones. My best swings with those produced the best numbers, but the consistency with the Fujikuras was better.

So now, the wait for Club Champion to do its work on the clubs. They said it would be four to five weeks. I was a bit surprised. At least it’s winter.

022A049A-8284-45D3-B0B0-B08B96747F0A.jpeg
Better Range session today....

I went in for my fitting and was very surprised that my best numbers came with a shaft I know nothing about and have never seen on another set of irons, either in a store or out in the wild. The shaft was the Fujikura Pro 95i stiff. I so wanted the Paderson shafts to be the ones. My best swings with those produced the best numbers, but the consistency with the Fujikuras was better.

So now, the wait for Club Champion to do its work on the clubs. They said it would be four to five weeks. I was a bit surprised. At least it’s winter.

What heads you putting them in....the XXIO’s?

D09BABF0-14B7-4C33-BC93-82E0E3DAC6EA.jpeg
PW from 125 , leads to 1st birdie with XXIO irons...

What heads you putting them in....the XXIO’s?
Yeah, I am going to have two main sets of irons, my Cobra MIMs and the XXIOs. However, the new Apex Pros were trying to seduce me at my fitting. I barely was able to beat them off. 😂

I have the Fuji Pro 2.0 in all my woods and love it, if the Xcalibur experiment does not pan out the Fuji pro 95 or 115 will be my next experiment.

This is always a dangerous time for my bank account and I was actually considering buying a ZX5 Driver. I went out to play 9 today and absolutely smashed the XXIO X Driver. I don’t think I could ask for anything more from the spot, so I won’t.

I played a lot better today as the toe miss was corrected...

These irons are sneaky long and you just have to put a good swing on the ball and the club does the work.

E2484CEF-E402-4375-B8B2-2863E98ED9F3.png

They got the sound & feel so right on these irons it’s hard to explain unless you have hit them.

I was able to navigate the V-Sole better today and I’m getting used to the slight offset that these iron have.

I know that these irons aren’t the most accessible set of irons on the market, but if you are going to a Club Champion to get fit in the year of the iron , make sure you hit these too...

I played a lot better today as the toe miss was corrected...

These irons are sneaky long and you just have to put a good swing on the ball and the club does the work.

View attachment 8990141

They got the sound & feel so right on these irons it’s hard to explain unless you have hit them.

I was able to navigate the V-Sole better today and I’m getting used to the slight offset that these iron have.

I know that these irons aren’t the most accessible set of irons on the market, but if you are going to a Club Champion to get fit in the year of the iron , make sure you hit these too...
That middle third of your round was some fine fine golf. One under for those 7 holes. Very solid round. 12 GIR. What’s not to like? Congrats!

I am going to quibble with you. They are not sneaky long. They are flat out distance monsters. I maintain that either these or the Callaway Epic Forged are the longest irons I have ever played. To put them in that company is really saying something and you are absolutely right, the distance comes pretty easy. Nice, smooth swings are rewarded.

@JDax definitely some good golf there. What shafts did you wind up with in those? Recoil Proto 95s?

@JDax definitely some good golf there. What shafts did you wind up with in those? Recoil Proto 95s?
Yes Recoil 95 Proto... I have a set of 110 Protos, I can really play either, it depends on what ball flight type I’m looking for...

For those of you in this thread that are hitting XXIO irons, what iron set are you hitting?

I just picked up a set of nines on ebay and am eagerly awaiting their arrival.
They will be very light. Should be fun to hit though!

They will be very light. Should be fun to hit though!

Arent most of the XXIO Lineup light? I thought thats how they helped the moderate swing speed?

Back