Therabody SmartGoggles

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Therabody SmartGoggles have been discussed here, but I know a few THPers have them in hand, so I figure it's time they got their own thread.

1675531034042.png

Priced at $199, the SmartGoggles use heat, vibration, and massage to tap into better rest. There are three modes - SmartRelax, Focus Mode, and Sleep Mode, designed to reduce stress and anxiety, release tension and relieve eye pain, and promote restful sleep. The goggles connect seamlessly and can be controlled directly through the Therabody app

I finally grabbed a pair of SmartGoggles to help me fall asleep. I've used them 3 times and each time I actually fell asleep during the 15 minute Sleep Mode session. There is a light sound played at the end of the 15 minute session that woke me up the first two times. Last night I woke up 2 hours after starting the 15 minute session, took the googles off, and immediately fell back asleep. I did try a 5 minute Sleep Mode session the second time and found that wasn't long enough. I really look forward to continuing to test these and see what they can do!

They’ve been freaking incredible for my wife and I. I shared it in the other thread but two weeks ago I just put it on the relax session at 8pm. Woke back up on the couch at 11. These things are just pure relaxation and stress relievers

They’ve been freaking incredible for my wife and I. I shared it in the other thread but two weeks ago I just put it on the relax session at 8pm. Woke back up on the couch at 11. These things are just pure relaxation and stress relievers
Rachel has been reluctant to try these, but if she has the results I’m seeing early on, I can’t see how we don’t end up with two pairs!

Rachel has been reluctant to try these, but if she has the results I’m seeing early on, I can’t see how we don’t end up with two pairs!
Why won’t she try them?

Why won’t she try them?
Scrolling through social media 🙄😆

Putting my damn phone down and getting these on my head has honestly been the hardest part for me too.

Scrolling through social media 🙄😆

Putting my damn phone down and getting these on my head has honestly been the hardest part for me too.
:LOL::LOL::LOL: For real?

I said this in the other thread too but you’ve seen once you take them off, you have zero desire to look at your phone again. Put them on and just relax my man!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: For real?

I said this in the other thread too but you’ve seen once you take them off, you have zero desire to look at your phone again. Put them on and just relax my man!
I’m working on it! Need to change the routine. I’m a classic case of one more chapter turning into 3 hours of reading in bed.

Played 3 hours on the simulator today and had a bunch of beers. Threw these on afterwards before a 90 minute nap and next thing I know my alarm is going off. Should get some Focus Mode testing in this week.

Played 3 hours on the simulator today and had a bunch of beers. Threw these on afterwards before a 90 minute nap and next thing I know my alarm is going off. Should get some Focus Mode testing in this week.
So do you use the sleep or the relax setting? I’ve seen relax works better than sleep to get me tired

So do you use the sleep or the relax setting? I’ve seen relax works better than sleep to get me tired
Only sleep so far. Rachel did not like the temple pressure in sleep mode. SmartRelax is the only mode that uses SmartSense, right?

Tried Focus Mode for a quick pick me up before the Super Bowl. Woke up 15 minutes later. Starting HE 68, ending HR 55.

I have dry eye syndrome and I wonder if these would help stimulate the tear ducts to improve lubrication to the eyes? Anyone else try these with this condition?

I have dry eye syndrome and I wonder if these would help stimulate the tear ducts to improve lubrication to the eyes? Anyone else try these with this condition?
I don't have the condition but I've never felt my eyes were watery or lubricated because of these

I’ve been suffering from some dry eye recently. I mostly use the goggles before bed, but will try them out during the day and report back.

So it's been long enough that I now know for a fact that using these has helped my sleep so much. I have a Whoop device which tracks my sleep as well as a few other metrics. When I use these, my recovery is better, my RHR is consistently lower and my amount of time spent in sleep stages (not awake) is much higher. The sleep and the relax setting on these is just so helpful.

I've never used the focus setting. I associate these with relaxing and tension relief, not using them to get ready to do something. But I should give it a try before speaking on something I don't actually know yet.

Sick, stressed and sleep deprived, I slept until 1pm yesterday. Still needing to make up sleep and still sick and stressed, it felt like one of those nights where I lie in bed and scroll on my phone. Put the SmartGoggles on and fell asleep immediately. Woke up to a screaming baby a couple hours later. Again, put the SmartGoggles on and they lowered my heart rate from 55 to 41 in 10 minutes and I was asleep again instantly.

Highly recommend for anyone struggling with stress or trouble falling asleep.

Sick, stressed and sleep deprived, I slept until 1pm yesterday. Still needing to make up sleep and still sick and stressed, it felt like one of those nights where I lie in bed and scroll on my phone. Put the SmartGoggles on and fell asleep immediately. Woke up to a screaming baby a couple hours later. Again, put the SmartGoggles on and they lowered my heart rate from 55 to 41 in 10 minutes and I was asleep again instantly.

Highly recommend for anyone struggling with stress or trouble falling asleep.
Ummmmm.. at least I now know what I want for Father’s Day

Ummmmm.. at least I now know what I want for Father’s Day
I couldn’t recommend them more! I haven’t noticed benefits like reducing eye strain, but they make for a good afternoon break from screens and they always knock me out before bed.

I couldn’t recommend them more! I haven’t noticed benefits like reducing eye strain, but they make for a good afternoon break from screens and they always knock me out before bed.
Just the sleep factor works for me - especially on the road!

Back