This can't be right, can it? Driver lie angle..

OUZO Power

@K_Kyriopoulos
Reaction score
So I'm horsing around with my eldest son the other day in the back yard and moma took some pics.

As I'm looking through them I notice the lie angle on my driver. BBA if it maters.

It looks very upright. There is no way I can be hitting the ball as intended and square I'm assuming from that pic. So should I be looking for a more flat driver? Or is it intended for it to be like this?

With lie tape my irons come out to standard lie spec and length.

I don't have the time to do the recon on my source but I was reading that the standard for drivers has become more and more upright. The more upright lie angle being beneficial to the majority of high handicap golfers who fight the right side.

Very interesting and good pic!

It also appears you are standing on the wrong side of the ball. Glad I could help.

:bashful:

The shaft bows at impact to flatten the lie some. I believe the harder the swing, the more bow is in the shaft thus woods being more upright at address than irons due to the increased swing speed. Could be off base but this is my understanding.

That toe is pretty high, but I'd be interested to see it in your actual address position. Either way, these guys have something similar, though not as extreme.

insl01_rory_tiger.jpg

Thanks guys.

yea I'll get another pick from my actually stance. Sure I see the toe dropping a tad. But it wont be much a believe.

That toe is pretty high, but I'd be interested to see it in your actual address position. Either way, these guys have something similar, though not as extreme.

insl01_rory_tiger.jpg

And one of those guys is pretty good...

:alien:

See what happens if you choke down and inch too. Just curious.

See what happens if you choke down and inch too. Just curious.
I'll take a look at that.

But choking doesn't feel right for me. I need to hold it at the end. And I also recently cut it down to 44.5".

Back