Thoughts Mr. Kong?

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
All right Panda, I imagine you can write a novel on how to not swing a club after you watch these two videos.
Both are with a 7 iron and my miss is fat and out to the toe. I'm fairly consistent and hit a high ball and I enjoy that about my swing but a little help never hurt. So let'er rip buddy.

Wow man,Be careful doing that at work.New a guy that hit balls here at the logistics company loading dock.They caught him on camera and he got canned on the spot.Golf isn't worth losing your job

Wow man,Be careful doing that at work.New a guy that hit balls here at the logistics company loading dock.They caught him on camera and he got canned on the spot.Golf isn't worth losing your job

I run the place and the regional manager comes in and shoots his bow there and is cool with me setting this up. We also don't have cameras.

I run the place and the regional manager comes in and shoots his bow there and is cool with me setting this up. We also don't have cameras.

Good stuff man.You look like an expert player to me.If I did that in our warehouse it would be bye bye job for me

Good stuff man.You look like an expert player to me.If I did that in our warehouse it would be bye bye job for me

No expert, I had 5 lessons about 30 years ago and that's it. I just swing the way it feels natural.

Swing looks good, Scrap. Wish I could take swings at work but I'd get nothing done then.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Swing looks good, Scrap. Wish I could take swings at work but I'd get nothing done then.

It's going to be an after hours only type of thing. I need to find a way so the matt's don't slide around. Maybe a capitals hat under it would work. haha

It's going to be an after hours only type of thing. I need to find a way so the matt's don't slide around. Maybe a capitals hat under it would work. haha
Lol! Get a roll of that soft rubber mesh they cut to put in the bottom of kitchen drawers.

That swing is a bit powerful. It's also very quick but it's consistent. So I'll adjust your posture a bit. I'm seeing too much tension in your arms. I feel you're reaching down to the ball instead of having a free hang from the shoulders. I'm thinking a bit more waist flex and get the weight on the balls of your feet. Outside of that I wouldn't adjust anything else. With the speed of your swing, if we made adjustments it would have an adverse effect.

Thanks. The idea of reaching is something I have had in the back of mind to try to fix. I was expecting a "wtf, how do you even play with that swing."

I'll work on those things and let you know how it goes. This was less painful than I expected.

Not sure if this is a good position or not.

Took a few videos at the range to try out the slow mo camera on my phone. Forgot to turn the camera sideways though.

That swing looks even better in slow motion except I had to wait to the 1:30 mark to get to see you finally swing the club, lol!

That swing looks even better in slow motion except I had to wait to the 1:30 mark to get to see you finally swing the club, lol!

Easy now. This is a 1 man production. You didn't want to see the pre shot routine?

Driver.

Getting some still shots is pretty cool. This is my back swing on the left and downswing on the right.

Scrappy it looks like you've been putting in some work brother, bravo!! You are not far from a solid swing.

I'd love to see you stop your hands, in the back swing, at the right shoulder. The little extra you add puts you into an inconsistent area. And it's not adding any power, if anything it could be taking away. The shorter hands will reduce the length of the swing, reduce any over the top tendency and should present you with more speed. It will take some getting used to but it will all be worth it.

Scrappy it looks like you've been putting in some work brother, bravo!! You are not far from a solid swing.

I'd love to see you stop your hands, in the back swing, at the right shoulder. The little extra you add puts you into an inconsistent area. And it's not adding any power, if anything it could be taking away. The shorter hands will reduce the length of the swing, reduce any over the top tendency and should present you with more speed. It will take some getting used to but it will all be worth it.

Thanks. I try so bloody hard to stop my swing earlier but end up getting real quick. I want to work on that because I feel like I'm putting in a ton of effort for the distance I'm getting. Something to fix in the off season 4 weeks away if I'm lucky. for sure.

Thanks. I try so bloody hard to stop my swing earlier but end up getting real quick. I want to work on that because I feel like I'm putting in a ton of effort for the distance I'm getting. Something to fix in the off season 4 weeks away if I'm lucky. for sure.

Do you know how to hit a punch shot? If so, I'm talking about almost the same motion but a full follow through. Feel those hands at the shoulder and then just drop the club on the back of the ball. Almost feels like an arm swing.

Do you know how to hit a punch shot? If so, I'm talking about almost the same motion but a full follow through. Feel those hands at the shoulder and then just drop the club on the back of the ball. Almost feels like an arm swing.

Yeah I do. 100 yard 9 iron is my specialty. Haha.

I'll try to work on that.

Now I have a really wide stance but when I move into the ball it moves up and o finish with my feet at what I think is a decent distance apart. Any glaring issues by doing that. I've been doing it for 20 years and I don't know why it's just natural and pretty gooved.

Yeah I do. 100 yard 9 iron is my specialty. Haha.

I'll try to work on that.

Now I have a really wide stance but when I move into the ball it moves up and o finish with my feet at what I think is a decent distance apart. Any glaring issues by doing that. I've been doing it for 20 years and I don't know why it's just natural and pretty gooved.

Good then I want you to imagine you're hitting a 9 irons urgency iron in your bag. From the longest iron to the shortest.

The stance is a bit wide for my taste but if it works for you, then keep at it

On the left is my usual posture on the right I'm trying to not reach as much and stand up a little taller.

Not as much knee flex, back is on less of an angle and hands are closer to my body. I like the set up more. Hit some good shots but need to work on keeping my right elbow tight and letting the arms and club release naturally. For day 1 on the change I'm satisfied. Next range session is on Friday and I'll have some video.

On the left is my usual posture on the right I'm trying to not reach as much and stand up a little taller.

Not as much knee flex, back is on less of an angle and hands are closer to my body. I like the set up more. Hit some good shots but need to work on keeping my right elbow tight and letting the arms and club release naturally. For day 1 on the change I'm satisfied. Next range session is on Friday and I'll have some video.

The right side looks great, much more natural. Allow the down swing to develop don't rush it.

Back