THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Latest ghin update: Down to 9.1

I just checked mine, lowest it has ever been 1.8 Now I need it to travel better.

So far this year I've been as low as 17.2 and as high as 20.4. Playing off 18.4 right now, as of yesterday's revision.

I just checked mine, lowest it has ever been 1.8 Now I need it to travel better.
So why does it still say 'upwards'?? Shrinking, or dwindling, or improving, or downwards would seem more appropriate!

Congrats on the PB there. That's awesome.

So why does it still say 'upwards'?? Shrinking, or dwindling, or improving, or downwards would seem more appropriate!

Congrats on the PB there. That's awesome.
My home course is pretty easy, and needs to be re-rated for sure.

My home course is pretty easy, and needs to be re-rated for sure.

You mean it's easier than it's rated?

My old home course here needs to be re-rated, but because they've added a ton of stuff to make it play tougher. He doesn't seem to want to do it though, and I swear it's because he doesn't want to have to print new cards. Cheap b*st*rd. lol

My old home course here needs to be re-rated, but because they've added a ton of stuff to make it play tougher. He doesn't seem to want to do it though, and I swear it's because he doesn't want to have to print new cards. Cheap b*st*rd. lol
Our course needs to be re-rated also. They've significantly narrowed the fairways and shrunk the greens, so it plays harder than when it was originally rated. I think it makes for artificially higher handicaps. I'm playing off 18.4 at the moment, with my 8 qualifying scores all being between 83-87.

Our course needs to be re-rated also. They've significantly narrowed the fairways and shrunk the greens, so it plays harder than when it was originally rated. I think it makes for artificially higher handicaps. I'm playing off 18.4 at the moment, with my 8 qualifying scores all being between 83-87.

I asked on here with little response, so I did with the local GMs/supers and there's no real expense to having it done. Our local muni is re-rated A LOT, and other courses who make changes every year haven't updated theirs in a decade. It's so bizarre. People are so particular about every little thing that influences their cap, and yet I never hear much about this. It's odd to me.

Correct, and having it rated doesn't cost the course much of anything. I believe it is a phone call, schedule a time and pay $50 and its done.

Started the new handicap system as a 12.4 and quickly rose to 13.3. Thought that would change in a hurry as my oldest 3 rounds were factoring into the equation, but then I fired off a great round over the weekend and held at 13.3. I’ve got an old score from 2018 with a 9.5 differential that’ll no longer factor soon, so I may see a slight rise over the next 4-5 rounds. Let the adventure continue!

I'm imploding. Looking at a -14 right now.

Started the new handicap system as a 12.4 and quickly rose to 13.3. Thought that would change in a hurry as my oldest 3 rounds were factoring into the equation, but then I fired off a great round over the weekend and held at 13.3. I’ve got an old score from 2018 with a 9.5 differential that’ll no longer factor soon, so I may see a slight rise over the next 4-5 rounds. Let the adventure continue!
If you still have a score from 2018 on your last 20 you are doing it wrong. :eek: You need to get out an play.

If you still have a score from 2018 on your last 20 you are doing it wrong. :eek: You need to get out an play.

I've got 18 full rounds and 11 rounds of ~9 holes (one at 6 and a couple at 11 or 12). I guess I still have 2 hanging around from last year still.

😆 It was a fairly golfless 4 years while my wife was in med school. I’ve got 6 rounds under my belt in 2020 already, so I’m heading in the right direction

😆 It was a fairly golfless 4 years while my wife was in med school. I’ve got 6 rounds under my belt in 2020 already, so I’m heading in the right direction
Really like to see you get that average up to at least 2 rounds a month. ;):cool:

Really like to see you get that average up to at least 2 rounds a month. ;):cool:
Cut me some slack! PA courses were closed for winter and then closed for ‘Rona! 👎 I’ve posted 5 rounds in May :cool:

Finally found where 'handicap history' is on the app, and it looks like mine has improved/increased 2.4 this year. I have lost all perception of if that seems like a lot or a little or what.

Finally found where 'handicap history' is on the app, and it looks like mine has improved/increased 2.4 this year. I have lost all perception on if that seems like a lot or a little or what.
They have that history on The Grint? Screen shot it.

The GHIN app. You hit 'more' and then handicap history is second from the top. No one wants my screen shot these days.

I don't think the grint app has a handicap tab. Scoring, but I don't think cap. Checking..

edit: Whoops. It's tab 1 on the grint app. Mine is ulinked though. Their course ratings being inaccurate was a mess for me. I'm hoping to link it again when I'm in Little Rock with less problems. I'd love it all to be combined/easier.

Oh boy. Like I said, it's tab 1 on the grintapp. I just linked my GHIN to it again, and their thing seems to be a little off still. No one really wants to see that screenshot now. I'll see if I can capture and edit it quick if you want to know what it looks like.

Oh boy. Like I said, it's tab 1 on the grintapp. I just linked my GHIN to it again, and their thing seems to be a little off still. No one really wants to see that screenshot now. I'll see if I can capture and edit it quick if you want to know what it looks like.
I think I found it on the Grint But thanks. I know that 7 years ago my HC was just shy of 20 when I took up golf again. I don't need to see that much history.

I think I found it on the Grint But thanks. I know that 7 years ago my HC was just shy of 20 when I took up golf again. I don't need to see that much history.
haha It just shows how far you've come!!

Honestly, there's probably some people here who would love to see that. There's a lot of hope there.

Uh oh, at 13.8 I’ve moved another half stroke in the wrong direction. Need more range time and hopefully a lesson once things fully reopen. But I am playing relatively consistent golf at least.

This seems like a good position to be in:

1591929715750.png

Back