yeah but that means there is a 40% chance it won't rain, would you play the lottery if you had a 40% chance of winning? :alien::alien:

I hear you but it is an hour away and I would rather not spend 2 hours in the car (gas) to get there and not be able to play.

I have not had him out on a course yet.
Figured his attention span would not last a full round.

Plus I'm still not sure which courses would be friendly to having him ride along.

I had my son out for 1st time last year. Was worried about the same thing but he loves it!!! He even grabs my phone and walks out his drives to track his distance using my GPS app!
I've ha him at Colts Neck Country Club, Bunker Hill and Beaver Brook; all were very receptive about it. Only had problems at Tamarack!!! Figures, the biggest dump of them all gave me my only problems.

Somerset is wierd they charge $340 for an out of country card, with that card you get the in courty rate $28 vs $46 on weekends and i think $24 vs. $41 weekdays.

So you would have to play there ~20 times in a year to even begin to make a return on the investment in buying the out of county Somerset county card. I've always taken that as them saying "we really don't want any out of county players in Somerset County"

For the few times a year I'll play Spooky or Neshanic I'll just pay the extra $18...

It's crazy... exactly why I suggested the GHIN. For $35 you get a certified handicap and get the discounted rate without shelling out $340. Its a win/win

I had my son out for 1st time last year. Was worried about the same thing but he loves it!!! He even grabs my phone and walks out his drives to track his distance using my GPS app!
I've ha him at Colts Neck Country Club, Bunker Hill and Beaver Brook; all were very receptive about it. Only had problems at Tamarack!!! Figures, the biggest dump of them all gave me my only problems.

You've convinced me Jay.
Think I'm taking him out next Friday (right before Father's Day) to do 9 holes somewhere.
If it's going good, will try and finish out the 18.

My plan is to have him tee off about 50yds from the green and play in from there.

Scott

You've convinced me Jay.
Think I'm taking him out next Friday (right before Father's Day) to do 9 holes somewhere.
If it's going good, will try and finish out the 18.

My plan is to have him tee off about 50yds from the green and play in from there.

Scott

Let me know how it works out. There's nothing like watching them fall in love with the game.
My son stuck one 2 ft from 50 yds. and then made the putt. He then held the putter high in the air as he walked smugly off the green as if he won a major and said, "better than you did dad".

It's crazy... exactly why I suggested the GHIN. For $35 you get a certified handicap and get the discounted rate without shelling out $340. Its a win/win

Is that through GHIN.com or a different subscription site.
I'm on GHIN.com right now and can't find anything about a sign up fee and discounts, etc.

Live in Bergen County
Index 1.2
Will travel to play-pending kids sports schedule

Where in BC?

South Jersey here - Burlington. I mostly play Rancocas, Golden Pheasant, Willowbrook. I have recently been playing the $35 golf, wings +beer special on Sundays at Valleybrook. I'm down with playing anywhere within 30-min-ish drive. I have half-days on Fridays so thats always on the table. Holla!

Is that through GHIN.com or a different subscription site.
I'm on GHIN.com right now and can't find anything about a sign up fee and discounts, etc.

Sorry bro, busy day @ work. ebenefits is free through NJSGA but you have to have a GHIN #.
http://www.njsga.org/

On the left is a button for ebenefits.

Sorry bro, busy day @ work. ebenefits is free through NJSGA but you have to have a GHIN #.
http://www.njsga.org/

On the left is a button for ebenefits.

No sweat man. Thanks for the info.

Do you sign up for q GHIN# there too or on GHIN.com?

103 degrees in the Garden State today... Any you guys brave the heat and play? I was stuck at work... Nothing like the feeling of body armor and 103* humidity!

No sweat man. Thanks for the info.

Do you sign up for q GHIN# there too or on GHIN.com?

No. You have to sign up at a course because you have to have a "home course". Just sign up at the course you play the most.
Posting can be done online. If you have an iPhone, I use an app Diablo Golf. It's uses ur GPS position and remembers the tees you play so posting is very quick.

Hi guys, name is Joe and I am from Gloucester County. I am about a 16-17. One day I can shoot a 84 and the next day a 103. This yr I have played Atlantic City CC, Harbor Pines, Avalon, Deerwood (3x), Wedgewood CC, Running Dear CC, Trump Philadelphia and today Rock Manor in Delaware. I have 2 other guys that I have played with every weekend for the last 5-6yrs so we try and play different courses. I think it would be great to get a THP outing for all the NJ guys. There is one course I usually play twice a summer and that is Renault Winery down in Little Egg Harbor. Great course and I recomend it.

Hi guys, name is Joe and I am from Gloucester County. I am about a 16-17. One day I can shoot a 84 and the next day a 103. This yr I have played Atlantic City CC, Harbor Pines, Avalon, Deerwood (3x), Wedgewood CC, Running Dear CC, Trump Philadelphia and today Rock Manor in Delaware. I have 2 other guys that I have played with every weekend for the last 5-6yrs so we try and play different courses. I think it would be great to get a THP outing for all the NJ guys. There is one course I usually play twice a summer and that is Renault Winery down in Little Egg Harbor. Great course and I recomend it.

TRUMP Philly huh? How'd ya manage that? Would love to play one of his courses.

TRUMP Philly huh? How'd ya manage that? Would love to play one of his courses.

I played there before my 8 year hiatus when it was Pine Hill before Trump bought it and made it private. Great course.

a6898858-d152-b132.jpg

Jefferson Twp. NJ... this is my kind of
Police patch!

Philly here! I also frequent Jersey in the summer. Play a ton of golf at Brigantine Beach. Hit me up. Me and my brother play a ton of golf in the summer.

It's been awhile. Anyone, anyone, anyone?????

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Playing Wild Turkey at Crystal Springs resort tomorrow morning. Then, playing Ballyowen in the afternoon!

Oh there's an actual NJ thread? I only found the "central NJ/eastern part" which seems to have no one from actual NJ haha I'm down in Toms River, play a variety of courses by me and also travel to meet up with buddies who live north

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just happened to run across it and wanted to see if anyone still uses NJ thread.

I've been playing White Oaks under the associate membership for the last few years, $199 yearly, 50% off round fee, every 6 round is free. Seems small group of guys that played will be no longer around for next season. Guys retiring, and just too busy. Looking to jump into full membership this weekend as the pro is running a member day w/ scramble tournament and special pricing. Approx. $1,700 for full w/ cart. I do like to play different places, but luxury of running to course to just play 9 or less and not worry about $$ sounds enticing. With it only being September, can probably get 2 1/2 good months of playing this year, then all of next year. It's not much but worried I won't get value out of it if I only get over there enough even though it's only 20 min from house.

In case anyone happens to see this, new year's day is supposed to be 50* or so and sunny, based on today's forecast.

I'm down in toms River if anyone wants to get a round in. I've played Lakewood country club the last couple rounds, only $22 and a free cup of soup lol but I'd be willing to travel a little for a meet up if people want to get together.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back