THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I prefer to lay low and sneak up when it counts! Just know, I will have my A game!

Have ever played in a team event?
Yes, I play in an organized team event every October. We have a group of about 30 guys that play in a Sunday Slammers event at a local course. At the end of the event, we have an individual tourney and a team tourney to follow.
What makes you an asset to the entire team?
Fun, hard worker and always positive towards everyone.
What do you look for from a playing partner?
Give me someone who always takes the best of every situation and I will be 500% happy!
What do you have to offer a playing partner?
Positive thinker and always motivating. I want to see my partner shoot a personal best every time I go out. I am there for him to lean on in a key situation where he/she is over thinking.
What was you biggest accomplishment in 2015 with your game?
Getting my cap under 10 and finally have an above average short game. Im not so bad from 145 out either (ask JB and Mikedean)
What is your biggest strength in the game?
Scrambling and short game.
What do you do to maintain it?
Sounds weird, but I feel like it just comes natural. I am all about simplifying everything with golf and it really stands out in my short game.
What is the biggest weakness in your game?
Teebox.
What is your plan to overcome it?
Practice... plain and simple.
How will you know you've been successful?
Results. However, as I said, I try to take the positive out of every golf hole that I play. Bad drive just means I need to make up for it on the putting green. No doubles is my goal.
Do you prefer to practice or play?
Play.. mainly because I love being out there with buddies that have the same passion that I do.
What is your handicap index?
What is your goal for handicap by Aug 1, 2016?
7-7.5

Lay low and be sneaky works, but I caution you on the low part. My eyes aren't as good as they once were.

Lay low and be sneaky works, but I caution you on the low part. My eyes aren't as good as they once were.

I believe he was referring to the fact that he cant lay high, because he is rather small in stature. :D
Although with this prize on the line, I would stretch out and be seen!

I believe he was referring to the fact that he cant lay high, because he is rather small in stature. :D
Although with this prize on the line, I would stretch out and be seen!

You picked up what I was laying down.

I will go with spikes on my shoes for this bad boy... stretches me up an inch!

Just keep your eyes on the greens and in the fairways... I will be there!

I've got some great friends in the Carolinas. Sure will feel pretty sweet to add the first HOF tag at your demise. #nothingpersonal

Hope to help you win that first tag.

There is a first time for everything. Sadly for you this won't be it. The only tags you will have by your name after this event will be those great looking albatross membership tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will make sure to video the look on your face when you find out there will not be another tag for your collection.

Not a chance dude, half your team is still asleep and most of ours is out practicing already. If I make the team I'll let you hold the trophy for a few seconds though.

Man I have been up for hours now, already worked out, cooked breakfast and chanced two diapers. Will be heading out at 11 to practice/play in the rain on a course that is under water #dedication #DownGoesCarolina

~ Have ever played in a team event? Yes, I played in the THP Savanah Invitational with MWard last summer.

~ What makes you an asset to the entire team? Someone not afraid to put in the work to get better, I love to practice. Also just someone that is fun to play the game with.

~ What do you look for from a playing partner? Someone that enjoys the game and wants to win but not a the expense of having a good time.

A. What do you have to offer a playing partner? positive attitude, no matter what the score is.

~ What was you biggest accomplishment in 2015 with your game. Finally breaking 80 with a 79.

~ What is your biggest strength in the game? Putting, especially putting under pressure.

A. What do you do to maintain it. Practice everyday, whether at home or the course.

~ What is the biggest weakness in your game? 50 yards and in with wedges and chip shots.

A. What is your plan to overcome it I'm taking short game lessons from a local pro, and my new home course has a excellent short game practice area.

B. How will you know you've been successful? My handicap will drop, this is where I'm losing most of my strokes.

~ Do you prefer to practice or play Both, when the weather allows, I play 2 to 3 times a week and hit the practice range about the same amount.

~ What is your handicap index. 18.5
~ What is your goal for handicap by Aug 1, 2016? To be under 15.

Here is who I've seen interest from in no certain order:

Crest4 (not sure why it isn't Caps out in four)
Mizunofan (forged or cast)
Emart (Cause Walmart was copyrighted)
CAA_Beat (Knees of steel)
Bigball. (Beat's Blue)
Lynchburg14 (Uniroyal flipper)
ChristopherKee
Molten (wearing his patent leathers)
Tbanks5 (as long its banks not bags)
Golfinnut (Spaklers revenge)
JohnsinVA (norm Abrams twin)
Sanzabar (keeping that on the down low)
Dblbogey (although the name frightens me)
Kutros (cause that's how I roll)

Who am I missing from the DMV.

Bump with a few additions.

Well played Captain, I can take it though haha

Your list cracks me up! Thanks for the laugh.

This is going to be an epic event, really enjoy the passion demonstrated on both sides!

The Carolinas going down worse than theses hoverboard users

Bringing first time HOF tags to dmv and getting others in the dmv another one is my goal. I'm down to play anyone from the other side. Doesn't matter if it's played in MD, VA, NC, SC when it's all said and done I will be headed to Tennesee with my MVP

All in good fun my brother, all in good fun. I'm
Haha I know man. I have thick skin anyways one of the qualities that makes me a good team mate ?

~ Have ever played in a team event?
I’ve played in multiple THP events, as well as local events at my club that were partner events. Not ever in a full team event though.

~ What makes you an asset to the entire team?
My upbeat attitude and ability to do what is needed to further the team as a whole.

~ What do you look for from a playing partner?
To have a positive attitude towards the round no matter how it’s going. You can’t move upwards if you have a negative attitude while playing.

A. What do you have to offer a playing partner?
Positive reinforcement during play, and just being a good person and being there for my partner. I would hope this is reciprocated, as that makes for the best outcomes.

~ What was your biggest accomplishment in 2015 with your game?
Dropping 10 points off my handicap. It wasn’t easy to do, but through lessons and productive/dedicated practice it happened.

~ What is your biggest strength in the game?
Scrambling. I don’t like to let a bad drive or errant approach shot get I my head and keep focused on the task at hand.

A. What do you do to maintain it?
Keep focused during the round. Also when practicing on the range I try to maintain the same focus. The consistency of doing it while practicing and playing helps a lot.

~ What is the biggest weakness in your game?
I’d have to say putting right now. While I average 32-36 putts, I know that number can be lower.

A. What is your plan to overcome it?
Putting in a lot of focused practice on it, as well as time with my instructor on it.

B. How will you know you've been successful?
From being able to drop 26 strokes off my handicap in 2 years and having the golf game travel well at the same handicap.

~ Do you prefer to practice or play?
I prefer to play, but in order to play well you have to practice well. If you practice is focused and done well it can only lead to positive things out on the course.

~ What is your handicap index?
Currently it’s a 12.0

~ What is your goal for handicap by Aug 1, 2016?
My Goal is to be at a 8.0 or below.

T2GRN18:

Several of my DMV friends have suggested that I put my name in the ring to play the Rivalry. Those suggestions have a genuine meaning to me which I appreciate them very much, so permit me to respond to your questions and put my hat in the ring, with the understanding that I currently have a health concern.

Before Hunters Oak closed, we had a "B team" one year. Frankly, the Pro called me and told me that I was on the team. Having the highest allowed handicap, my teammate had the lowest allowed handicap. The matches were not handicapped, play was straight up. My partner and I never lost a match and Hunters became the Eastern Shore "B team" champions. However, I must note that during the 18 hole match, typically, I won or saved 3 to 4 holes for us, my partner did the rest.

Just as the Pro demanded I play, while he and others perceive me to be an asset, I must admit that I am not sure why.

I would be looking for a partner that wants to win, but not at the expense of having enjoyment and fun. Specifically, I would be looking for a partner who's strengths compensate for my weaknesses and vice versa.

I offer my partner my best effort to the best of my abilities. If I may use a baseball analogy. I batted lead off, my job was to get on, not to hit the home runs. I will get on and I will run my a$$ off to get home.

My biggest accomplishment may seem a bit silly. The 17th where I play often is a Par 3, totally over water. I've parred the hole that last 3 times I've played it.

I not sure I have a particular strength, but I would say it's the ability to stay out of trouble and keep the ball in front of me.

I am currently taking lessons and routinely practicing getting ready for retirement golf, assuming my health allows.

I'm not sure how to measure success, in golf one is always trying to get better, it's difficult to ever be satisfied. However, in the instant case, success would be beating some Carolina butts.

Admittedly, I prefer to play, but I know practice is important and so I do it.

Current index is 15.9

My target by August is a 12. I would like to say even less, but there is reality.

These are great questions and even though they aren't directed at me, I will answer them anyway. :)

~ Have ever played in a team event? I have played in the Morgan Cup and multiple invitationals. I also played on my high school golf team.

~ What makes you an asset to the entire team? I'm positive and encouraging, and having been through team events here, I've seen the importance of developing team chemistry.

~ What do you look for from a playing partner? Someone who can remain positive even when things aren't going well. Momentum can swing quickly being able to stay calm and level is key.

A. What do you have to offer a playing partner? My game is pretty solid in all aspects so I feel like I can hit all the shots we need to succeed. I will fight to the end and will be supportive of my teammate, keeping things light and fun.

~ What was you biggest accomplishment in 2015 with your game?
With being a new father, I didn't play a ton in 2015. My cap rose, but my perspective on the game changed and realized how much I love this game and every time I get on the course is a gift.

~ What is your biggest strength in the game? Iron play and wedges. If I have a wedge in my hand, I feel like I can make a birdie.

A. What do you do to maintain it. Keep practicing

~ What is the biggest weakness in your game? Driving
A. What is your plan to overcome it lessons and practice
B. How will you know you've been successful? More fairways hit and confidence
~ Do you prefer to practice or play? Play but I do like the range and putting green
~ What is your handicap index 5.1
~ What is your goal for handicap by Aug 1, 2016? 3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a nickname from playing buddies. Trust me, I've put together some of the most interesting doubles you've see. And ugly par didn't have the same ring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T2GRN18:

Several of my DMV friends have suggested that I put my name in the ring to play the Rivalry. Those suggestions have a genuine meaning to me which I appreciate them very much, so permit me to respond to your questions and put my hat in the ring, with the understanding that I currently have a health concern.

Before Hunters Oak closed, we had a "B team" one year. Frankly, the Pro called me and told me that I was on the team. Having the highest allowed handicap, my teammate had the lowest allowed handicap. The matches were not handicapped, play was straight up. My partner and I never lost a match and Hunters became the Eastern Shore "B team" champions. However, I must note that during the 18 hole match, typically, I won or saved 3 to 4 holes for us, my partner did the rest.

Just as the Pro demanded I play, while he and others perceive me to be an asset, I must admit that I am not sure why.

I would be looking for a partner that wants to win, but not at the expense of having enjoyment and fun. Specifically, I would be looking for a partner who's strengths compensate for my weaknesses and vice versa.

I offer my partner my best effort to the best of my abilities. If I may use a baseball analogy. I batted lead off, my job was to get on, not to hit the home runs. I will get on and I will run my a$$ off to get home.

My biggest accomplishment may seem a bit silly. The 17th where I play often is a Par 3, totally over water. I've parred the hole that last 3 times I've played it.

I not sure I have a particular strength, but I would say it's the ability to stay out of trouble and keep the ball in front of me.

I am currently taking lessons and routinely practicing getting ready for retirement golf, assuming my health allows.

I'm not sure how to measure success, in golf one is always trying to get better, it's difficult to ever be satisfied. However, in the instant case, success would be beating some Carolina butts.

Admittedly, I prefer to play, but I know practice is important and so I do it.

Current index is 15.9

My target by August is a 12. I would like to say even less, but there is reality.

And you should throw your name in. I would partner with you anyday and twice on Sunday. Not because you're always in the fairway but because playing with you at Old Hickory is easily among the most fun day's I've had on the course that I can recall.

Have ever played in a team event? Played in two Bridgestone THP events, but other than that, in terms of golf, no. Collegiate sports is another story entirely though, so I know the importance of team chemistry.

What makes you an asset to the entire team? My drive. If it's a competition, I want to win. If it matters, I want to do well. Yeah, I want to have fun, we all do ... and the best way I know how to have fun is by winning. If winning isn't in the cards, being a graceful loser is important however. Being driven isn't about being somber though. One can be serious about their goals but still joke around. Plus, nothing breaks the tension better than laughter. You've got to be able to laugh about a bad shot or a lost hole, and then reset and go after it again on the next.
What do you look for from a playing partner? Someone who doesn't need swing advice on the course :silly: I have enough trouble keeping my game in check, I won't be able to give much advice to someone else. Someone who can communicate and strategize out on the course. Can we figure out our strengths and weaknesses - on that day - out on the course and adjust our games properly to establish some synergy and put a great product out on the course.

What do you have to offer a playing partner? I don't get rattled. It's a game, not life and death. Play stress free. Fist bump and "great shot" on the good ones, pat on the back and "we'll get that back" on the bad ones. We've already put the hard work in, just have to execute. A good rapport among teammates keeps the atmosphere relaxed which helps the game come easier. When things go south, no need to panic as that makes a bad situation worse.

What was your biggest accomplishment in 2015 with your game? Got to play more. Had a couple of good rounds, but nothing I'd consider great. Lowered the handicap some, but not something I'm satisfied with. So really, my biggest accomplishment in 2015 will be my resolutions which will carry me into 2016.

What is your biggest strength in the game? On the course, as long as I stay committed to practice, it'd have to be short game and putting. Just need to remember what I've been taught and stick with it. It's not awfully complicated, we just tend to make it so.

What do you do to maintain it? Practice, practice, and more practice. It's like a knife, needs to be sharp to work properly.

What is the biggest weakness in your game? Tee game. I hover around 30% FIR right now which is totally unacceptable, particularly when you're not a long ball hitter.

What is your plan to overcome it? More practice, but need lessons to help me overcome my OTT move as well as help me work on proper alignment as well as exercises to strengthen my core and legs to help me increase distance.

How will you know you've been successful? Fortunately there are plenty of metrics to help me measure success in these areas. Game Golf has been an eye opening device for my game. It's installed and will continue to see heavy use for 2016.

Do you prefer to practice or play? Play, simply because practice tends to be done alone and squeezed into time slots that aren't ideal (early mornings, between obligations, before obligations) and often rushed. Hoping that the next instructor gives me ways to practice which help give me purpose which will allow me to leave the range without the empty "did I actually achieve something out there today?" feeling.

What is your handicap index? 25.

What is your goal for handicap by Aug 1, 2016? 18

I prefer to lay low and sneak up when it counts! Just know, I will have my A game!

What is the biggest weakness in your game?
Teebox. And Cart Driving.

Fixt for accuracy. Dude almost got me killed in Chicago :tongue:

Fixt for accuracy. Dude almost got me killed in Chicago :tongue:

In all fairness... you did not forewarn me that you were jumping out!!!! I had no clue. That was single handedly one of the more graceful tuck and rolls I have ever seen!!!

Back