THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I agree. Well said.

I think you put your foot on their throat and crush their trachea...

Too much? J/K!

I expect my opponent to play to win. I don't want mercy, patronization, etc - I want your best game. You can beat me soundly and still be a gentlemen about it. I won't change how I play until the match is officially over, and even if I am lucky enough to be the one to win convincingly, I will NEVER be a jerk about it. We all know, especially when it comes to golf, how quickly tables can turn.

I've read a lot of post that talk about getting the your game ready for possibly being selected.

Couple thoughts on that.

1. Work on your games to just get better, I understand that this gives you a reason to stay focused. But do it for you.

2. If not selected there are other Team events coming too. The Cup, the Wilson Staff event, and that little thing called the Grandaddy! Those all should be on the radars of all the hopefuls. And if you wait to be selected for those, then you're starting way to late to make significant progress.

Totally agree Kevin, and this has been my mentality all along. I want to be as good as I can be this year - and where that takes me is where that takes me. If I have done everything I can, I win no matter what.

Totally agree Kevin, and this has been my mentality all along. I want to be as good as I can be this year - and where that takes me is where that takes me. If I have done everything I can, I win no matter what.
Yep, I think I said it in one of my earlier posts. Before we even got the nod for the THPRegonalRivalry, I had a plan in place to practice and play more this year. I know we both have dealt with our injuries in the past, at least for me that shouldn't be an issue this year. And if you are able to get better, I'd hate to see (for our opponents sake and my sake in the THPCallout) how good you would be.

Yep, I think I said it in one of my earlier posts. Before we even got the nod for the THPRegonalRivalry, I had a plan in place to practice and play more this year. I know we both have dealt with our injuries in the past, at least for me that shouldn't be an issue this year. And if you are able to get better, I'd hate to see (for our opponents sake and my sake in the THPCallout) how good you would be.

Seems like a common thought among most, if not all, of us. Lot of opportunities the rest of the year but it doesn't change how much I want in to this one!

Seems like a common thought among most, if not all, of us. Lot of opportunities the rest of the year but it doesn't change how much I want in to this one!
Exactly..I think the few outings we had last year stoked the fires in many of us (at least for myself) to play more and get better. As for events, I've always tried to make it to two official events a year, and this year is no different. I have one coming up in April and the THPRR would be two. But I have my eye on a few others as well.

Nothing like playing and hanging out with THP'ers in an official event of any kind.

Exactly..I think the few outings we had last year stoked the fires in many of us (at least for myself) to play more and get better. As for events, I've always tried to make it to two official events a year, and this year is no different. I have one coming up in April and the THPRR would be two. But I have my eye on a few others as well.

Nothing like playing and hanging out with THP'ers in an official event of any kind.
Amen brother!!!

You'd think it was the apocalypse here. Maybe 3/4" snow/hail mix.
e4df94ab08bf004c722ff2d8c63e78ac.jpg

Picture from Dunkin Donuts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You'd think it was the apocalypse here. Maybe 3/4" snow/hail mix.
e4df94ab08bf004c722ff2d8c63e78ac.jpg

Picture from Dunkin Donuts.

Please go in there (Harris Teeter, not DD) and buy some of the banana pudding for me and have it shipped up here :D They make the best store banana pudding I've ever had, but for some reason their Maryland stores quit carrying it.

I've been down with the flu for a few days and pop back in here and Wow........ I've got some catching up to do.

Glad you are doing better.

Please go in there (Harris Teeter, not DD) and buy some of the banana pudding for me and have it shipped up here :D They make the best store banana pudding I've ever had, but for some reason their Maryland stores quit carrying it.
Their black/white cookies are pretty darn good too.

So everyone. With Snowpocalypse imminent this weekend, what are your plans to keep the swing and game in shape the next week or so?

My plans involve getting on a plane to Florida. Only wish I was leaving Friday AM, and hope the airports are operating on schedule by Sunday night.

I'll probably take it easy. If roads aren't bad I might head to my local shop and hit some balls on the simulator they have. I've been trying not to go though cuz those Apex irons have been tempting me lol

Just chipping in the garage and practicing my grip and putting stroke. I am not going to be on Team DMV but I plan on putting in the work as If I am going to be on the winning team...

I'll bring some up next time we come up as long as I remember. :D

Well we had the snowpocalypse here in NC...lol. So still working on my game inside the house. Prob looking at few more weeks till I'll be able to get to the course. Getting cabin fever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother Nature is not helping with outside prep. While shoveling I was thinking about this event

I'm with you. Ready to play some golf in some warm sunshine

Be careful of your back. This snow is heavy in weight! We don't need any injuries on either team! Inside putting and chipping for me plus general excerise for flexibility which does not include SNOW!

Avoided the snow in Southeast VA. We got a couple of inches and then the heavy rains overnight washed it away. Now we are getting sleet/freezing rain. Bad part is ice is bad and will make things slick, good thing is that the ice will go away much faster than the snow that others got allowing me to get to the course a little faster.

Hope everyone is starting to dig out from the snow and there are no serious issues that have resulted.

With the PGA show coming up, i guess we are getting close to finding out the lucky few that will be selected to represent the regions. I know the captains will have a difficult time sorting through all the players that want to play once the random selection has been completed.

Is there a date set for when the teams will be set and is there an official list that we need to put our name on to be considered?

About 2 1/2+ feet. That doesn't include drifts. A real mess....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. A good 30+inches here in leesburg. .. snow blower was a life saver. HOA says they aren't going to be in the neighborhood for at least 2 days. Will be stuck working from home until Wednesday

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hope everyone is starting to dig out from the snow and there are no serious issues that have resulted.

With the PGA show coming up, i guess we are getting close to finding out the lucky few that will be selected to represent the regions. I know the captains will have a difficult time sorting through all the players that want to play once the random selection has been completed.

Is there a date set for when the teams will be set and is there an official list that we need to put our name on to be considered?

I suspect the boss will post official threads so everyone can throw their name in without him having to sort through the announcement threads to figure out who is in and for which side.

I am sure JB will update us when we get close to selection time. Kevin and I have some hard work ahead of us preparing for the captains picks

I'm not sure what the timeline is really. This week my focus will be on the PGA show and all the cool stuff coming from there.

As Captains we certainly have some decisions to make when that time comes. It's not an easy task nor will be one I take lightly.

Well. My Florida prep has been delayed by a day to BWI still being shutdown. Also the THPCallOut with Freddie had to be cancelled.

Will still get some range time in down there and hopefully a round at some point before I come back.

Goodness knows I won't be playing anytime soon once u get back.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back