THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Drive about 240-250 depending on roll out, start at bunkers and cut it back in to left center of fairway ( unless I double cross myself and hit it left off tee...lol) then cut the green in half and play to the middle of the left half of the green and trust my putter!

bb7aa1a1b21a32d4e1e2cad323280aad.jpg

Looks like another great hole there. By the looks of how Alex played it (3w, 7i) it's not a driver off the tee kind of hole, and looks to narrow out around the 225 area. The play might be to 210-215 off the tee with 160ish left to the hole. Not sure what the green looks like and how receptive it is to holding a mid iron approach.

Looks like another great hole there. By the looks of how Alex played it (3w, 7i) it's not a driver off the tee kind of hole, and looks to narrow out around the 225 area. The play might be to 210-215 off the tee with 160ish left to the hole. Not sure what the green looks like and how receptive it is to holding a mid iron approach.
Looks like Alex played from white's, original post was from the blue's. 371 vs 404.

Looks like Alex played from white's, original post was from the blue's. 371 vs 404.

Good catch. So 235-250 off the tee is the play?

That's how I'd play it unless it looks different in person.
It plays uphill, especially on the approach, and I think it's the hardest hole on the front side. The fairway bunker makes you want to go right, but then if you miss right, your second shot is pretty long.

It plays uphill, especially on the approach, and I think it's the hardest hole on the front side. The fairway bunker makes you want to go right, but then if you miss right, your second shot is pretty long.
Based on rating it's the hardest hole on the course.

Based on rating it's the hardest hole on the course.

Not necessarily, remember the #1 handicap hole does not have to be the hardest. Its the hole they feel offers the biggest difference between the scratch vs the bogey golfer. That doesnt have to be and isn't always the hardest hole. But when its not its usually pretty close to being one of the hardest.

Last edited:
It's interesting - the other holes are very much second shot holes, but I think this is the first one where you really need a decent drive to score on this hole. Especially if you're headed left off the tee.

This, I think, is a hole that's going to play very differently in the pick your drive hole vs. best ball for some people (if we play this 9 for best ball).

It's interesting - the other holes are very much second shot holes, but I think this is the first one where you really need a decent drive to score on this hole. Especially if you're headed left off the tee.

This, I think, is a hole that's going to play very differently in the pick your drive hole vs. best ball for some people (if we play this 9 for best ball).

Excited to get out there Sunday, wonder which swing shows up for me though.

#bombthehybrid

Problem solved!

If my swing from Tuesday shows up, I'll see you guys in the bar after.

THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

If my swing from Tuesday shows up, I'll see you guys in the bar after.

Run a tab MBurnham's buying

).

A bit confused about the yardage but regardless which club I was also thinking this seems to be a dogleg tee shot where you want (sort of as your implying) to really land in position "A" from the tee for a decent approach attempt in order to score well. Seems anything less than a good placed ball off the tee could make things fairly difficult to still par the hole let alone bird.

#4 is definitely going to be an important tee shot, I can't speculate on club until I'm standing on the hole and looking at a certain approach number, probably 140-160 out, and deciding my club based on the swings I would have made prior to this hole on the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go. Hole #4 at the ranch.

7e96a3e0fb2d07f29634aa175fd63298.jpg

I put the marker at 280 because we are all internet golfers.

Power fade again for the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back