#THPCallout Cjgolf25 vs CobraX51

Cobra gets one back on the 5th. Cj now up2, Cobra has the teebox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take hold 5 with a two putt bogey and finally have honors! Hah. 2 down heading to 6.

looks like CJ is playing some good golf, get it rolling Cobra!

Won hole six went 3up and Cobra scrambled like a champ on 7 to get it back. 2up through 7

8 and 9 leave plenty of room for trouble, good place to tighten the match up.

The back is a different beast.

CJ with a clutch Par save on 8 to go 3 up

Par on the 8th, Cobra bogeys. 3up. Tricky par 5 9th.
0ad0464461787d9d1faa52b2be8ab7b9.jpg

Well I just carded a 10 on the 9th . 2up through 9. Busting out the secret weapon.
5c5d666862e59a1d3036bd4deb7f72d2.jpg

Alright I take hole 9 and head to the back 9 down 2. Hanging around.

Like I said, the back is a totally different golf course, still in the thick of it it looks like.

After my longest drive of the day and leaving myself short after a wedge. A bad chip. Follow up with a 25 footer for Par and win the hole. Golf. 1 down.

AS through 12. Cobra is battling!

And we are all square going to 13. We've had a couple of ********* behind us hitting into us from the fairway rushing us and getting into our heads.

and on a short Par 3 with 9 iron in hand I send it right into the water! CJ up 1!

I two putt par the Par 5 14th and we are back to all square

Par 4 15th I take with a 3 putt bogey.

Good closing holes coming. This one should be a good finish.

Won the hole with a bogey. AS

I'm forced to take a drop hitting into the water on 16 and double. CJ two putt bogeys to square the match with 2 holes to go!

CJ takes the 17th with a double as I three putt for triple! Wow the flatstick is killing me today! Onto 18 CJ up 1

Two chances to win 18 and I three putt to halve the hole. Wow. CJ wins 1 up! Congrats pal!

It was awesome playing with you pal, thanks.

Sounds like a back and forth battle on the back. Nice win CJ.

Alright have some downtime to recap. Got to the range and CJ was already out there with an alignment stick and hitting it very well from what I was seeing. Exchanged pleasantries, joked around, and it was just a fun round despite both of us not having our best game...With that said...

Thru the first 8 holes, CJ was up 3 and I was thinking by Hole 14 we would've shook hands and then just finish our round playing best ball, that's how much of a zone he was in. His swing tempo and swing was great, I was definitely envious of that swing. Smooth, composed, took his time before the shot, good practice swings, made sure he was committed and was just piping the golf ball. Like he told me in the 2nd nine, he didn't want to make it seem like he was sandbagging me playing at a 16 HDCP! :D

We were on great pace, I was just hanging around, we got to the 9th hole in under 2 hours. Had a bit of a wait and this is where CJ let me back in the match. He lost his swing for about 5 or 6 holes, thinning tee shots, slicing right, hitting his approach shots fat. And I was trying as much as I could to encourage him to golf the way he played those first 8 holes, it was borderline flawless, I believe he had a 38 going to that 9th hole, and two of them included 3 putts so that easily could've been a 36 going to the 9th hole Par 5.

Yeah I wanted to win, but I just didn't have my swing yesterday and that was from the first tee onwards, and I like watching good golf, whether it's with a friend, a random hacker, or Brooks Koepka. And again, the way he was swinging on the range and the front 9 he more than deserved to be the CallOut winner. It was only AS going to 17 because he let me back in.

In closing, CJ, don't change a thing with that swing and tempo. Watching that ball flight split fairways on a dog leg right or left and finding the flat part of the fairway was just a "whoa" And on those bad 6-7 holes, just unfortunate because you easily shoot in the mid 80s yesterday. We spoke after about wanting to be consistent, that's the name of this sport, and you my friend can definitely be a single digit handicap with what I saw, you got game. Here's to the next time we go out for a round:drinks:

Wow. Great match. Lots of back and forth. Congrats CJ!!

Back