#THPCallout - Rematch Time! Pingman222 vs Arwin

pingman222

Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play
Arwin got me last time in June, but the rematch is on!! Not as many strokes this time, and i'm taking him to the tips!

Saturday, August 20

Course: EDMONTON PETROLEUM GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB

Tee Box: Gold - 7036 yards. (74.6 / 139)
Pops: Since playing last, Arwin actually joined the club as a member, and is now more familiar with the course. We're going to stay around our course handicaps for strokes, so Arwin gets 15 strokes this time.
The stakes: Post-round Breakfast :clapp:

Scorecard_back_2016-page-001.aspx

arwin:
Handicap: 16.8

pingman222:
Handicap: 2.7

Arwins Weapons of Grass Destruction:
Driver: :callaway: Big Bertha 10.5* w/ Evolution Speeder 665
Fairway Woods: :taylormade: R11S 4W 17*
Hybrid: :taylormade: R11 Rescue 3H
Irons: :ping: i20 4-PW
Wedges: :titleist: 50* Vokey, :titleist: 54* Vokey, :titleist: 60* Vokey
Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Ball:
:callaway: chrome soft yellow truvis

Pingman222's Gardening Tools:
:sunmountain:Two-Five
:ping: Anser 8.5* - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution TS X
:ping: Anser 16.5* - Matrix 7M3 Black Tie X
:ping: i25 19* - Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie X
:ping: 4-PW S55 - KBS C-Taper X
:ping: Glide 52*SS & Glide 58*ES - KBS Wedge X
:lajosi: DD201 Mini Satin Pearl
:callaway: chrome soft yellow

going to have to go with Pingman on this one. Watching him play at Coronado was fun. Hope you both have fun playing.

Played with both and Arwin is sneaky with that 16 cap, but Pingman just literally destroys a golf balls will to live. I have to assume at least 13 pops and will go safe and take Arwin.

Since PingMan came out to Wolf Creek I'm going with him. Get it done this time!!!

Lots of pops there. I think arwin will take advantage and pull out a narrow W!

hmm at that slope rating the handicap benefit goes to the low cap in this one, so Im going Pingman 3 and 2

hmm at that slope rating the handicap benefit goes to the low cap in this one, so Im going Pingman 3 and 2

it's what i'm hoping for...I definitely didn't bring my best against Arwin last time, not even close. Been feeling good about my game recently however, and taking him back to the tips plays more to my advantage and the added distance will hopefully keep his pops at bay...i hope.

it's what i'm hoping for...I definitely didn't bring my best against Arwin last time, not even close. Been feeling good about my game recently however, and taking him back to the tips plays more to my advantage and the added distance will hopefully keep his pops at bay...i hope.

Yeah I think the math if you play it out has you giving probably 3 more pops so 15 is right in your wheelhouse for the win

Challenge accepted!.

I really think I fluked out the win the first time we played. We've played with each other like 7 times since then and I don't think I've ever come close to beating pingman222.

The one thing that is good for me is that the last time we played from the tips, I actually had one of my better rounds!

Let's do it!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Challenge accepted!.

I really think I fluked out the win the first time we played. We've played with each other like 7 times since then and I don't think I've ever come close to beating pingman222.

The one thing that is good for me is that the last time we played from the tips, I actually had one of my better rounds!

Let's do it!

nobody be fooled by this man's talk. His handicap is due to a couple blowup holes, not an average of playing bogey golf lol. I've seen him string multiple pars and good holes together with no issue. It won't be a simple task for sure. BRING ON THE FOOD!

Arwin - gonna back the winner and #theGauntlet participant.
If he doesn't lose his rangefinder, that is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the votes are 3 a piece!

Didn't post a good score yesterday during mens night, but i had some nice flashes of good play. 4 birdies (3 in a row), and in doubles match play (single points per hole) we won 13-5. But along with 4 birdies i had 4 doubles and 4 bogeys for a smooth 80 lol. I am not worried though, i'll be ready to go saturday!

Went out for a round this morning. Didn't have my best stuff but managed to shoot a 97.
We'll see which games shows up tomorrow. lol

It's the night before and the trash talk game is strong tonight. Lol!

Good morning from EPGCC!

This call out between myself and pingman222 will be from the gold tees. I actually have no business funplaying these tees but it'll be fun for the call out!

Here are the stats again:

Tees: Gold
Yardage: 7036
Course Rating: 74.6
Slope Rating: 139

Going to really tough but will be plenty of fun!

#1 Par 4 - 392 yards
The course starts off pretty tame and just eases you into a relativity short par 4 with a large landing zone off the tee.
https://youtu.be/uYTXjO-Rl70

Up 1 thru 1

#2 Par 4 - 355 yards
Another short par 4. Usually a fw or hybrid off the tee.
https://youtu.be/pT_mjCQfZ_Y

Bogeys around with a pop
Up 2 thru 2

#3 - Par 4 - 458 yards
Now it's starting to get crazy. Loooong par 4 trouble on the right
https://youtu.be/GCYEncOJEBI

Aiya. 2 duffed shots in the drink for me.
5 off the tee!

We won't discuss the scores on#3. Lol

Up 3 thru 3

#4 Par 5 - 566 yards
First par 5 with an uphill approach to the green.
https://youtu.be/qanWN5oXnZs

It's almost like I've never played golf before lol

Back