#THPCallOut: Southern Shred vs Cpljohnst - Olde Atlanta 8/14

We count 11 as no blood. Weird hole. Lose Shreds ball in the middle of the fairway. My ball may have been OB. No stakes but unsure. On to 12th with me 1up

We count 11 as no blood. Weird hole. Lose Shreds ball in the middle of the fairway. My ball may have been OB. No stakes but unsure. On to 12th with me 1up

Damn gophers.

Barry and I torture a par 5 into submission, Barry still up 1

How is that Rosemark grip holding up for you Barry?

Keep up the great playing boys!

We both muck around on a par 3 but I win . Now 2 up

c7cc779e7f9a8151780bc7244bd7505f.jpg

Little late but I'm going with Cpljohnst winning 3&2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cpl up 3 after a bit of a walkabout by me

Cpl wins 4 & 3. So much fun, can't wait to do it again. Full recap later.

And I take 15 to win the match 4&3. Fun match with some back and forth. Three more holes to play just for fun. Think I'll periscope 16, a par 3.

f98fb8b6a0297db66b04935187ee3932.jpg

Big downhill par 3. Yardage is 173.

well played cpl!

Congrats Barry!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done gents definitely a fun follow! Congrats to Barry!

Nj cpl. Good fight shred. These matches will provide a great base for December.

Well, I just made it home and thought I would put some thoughts down.

I met Barry early this morning for a 7:24 tee time at Olde Atlanta. We hit a handful of balls on the range and rolled a few putts and headed to number 1.

I'll be the first to tell you, I was nervous as heck. I didn't tell Barry at the time but this is the first round I've played with another person in 10 years. Every round I've played since I got back into this has been solo. I have been struggling with my tee shots and today was no exception. The first 6 holes were forgettable for me as I let the tension build. Barry was super encouraging and I finally just felt #%&$ it, golf is supposed to be fun and I went on about a 5 or 6 hoke stretch of finding fairways and greens. I wasn't hitting my normal drive but rather a low, stinger / cut but it was in play.

I putted pretty well and made a couple of midrange putts. My lag putting and read was pretty good as well. I had a few sand shots that I did we enough with. My chipping was a bit suspect however.

Barry was a machine... Even though he had a few holes that gave him trouble off the tee, he kept cranking out these nice draws and hitting fairways. The kindness he showed by playing with a hack like me was awesome.

So, what next? I play on Tuesday and take my first lesson on Thursday... And then? Rematch!

I met Barry early this morning for a 7:24 tee time at Olde Atlanta. We hit a handful of balls on the range and rolled a few putts and headed to number 1.

I'll be the first to tell you, I was nervous as heck. I didn't tell Barry at the time but this is the first round I've played with another person in 10 years. Every round I've played since I got back into this has been solo. I have been struggling with my tee shots and today was no exception. The first 6 holes were forgettable for me as I let the tension build. Barry was super encouraging and I finally just felt #%&$ it, golf is supposed to be fun and I went on about a 5 or 6 hoke stretch of finding fairways and greens. I wasn't hitting my normal drive but rather a low, stinger / cut but it was in play.

I putted pretty well and made a couple of midrange putts. My lag putting and read was pretty good as well. I had a few sand shots that I did we enough with. My chipping was a bit suspect however.

Barry was a machine... Even though he had a few holes that gave him trouble off the tee, he kept cranking out these nice draws and hitting fairways. The kindness he showed by playing with a hack like me was awesome.

So, what next? I play on Tuesday and take my first lesson on Thursday... And then? Rematch!

You couldn't have picked a better person than Barry to share your first round with. A guy like him is one of the ones I could play a round of golf with everyday.

Sometimes %@#$ mode is the best way to do it. Less thinking, more swinging.

Barry is an awesome guy and we are all hacks at some point or another. Don't worry about trying to play like a scratch golfer..just play your game and you'll do great!

Nice looking course. '

Great updates and pictures. Congrats on the win CPL and thank you for helping our Team Unity teammate prep. Shred good playing buddy, and great experience. You'll give him a run for his money in the rematch.

Well played, Barry.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Well done fellas! Congrats Barry and keep at it shred. I agree with you, being a single sucks sometimes and playing with THP'rs is so much more fun anyway right?

JM

CPL,
Dont forget to send GG a PM with your details so she can get your trophy THP balls sent out to you.

Well done fellas! Congrats Barry and keep at it shred. I agree with you, being a single sucks sometimes and playing with THP'rs is so much more fun anyway right?

JM
Yeah it was awesome, I'm really grateful for this place.

My record at THP call outs now stands at 3-1. Only loss is to Tadashi, and we know there is no shame in that. Whose next? Mike441? What do you think about Friday in Indy?

Back