Throwing equipment vs throwing a ball?

I used to throw a ball away in the water but anymore I get afraid I'll throw my arm out so now I throw it in the cart basket.

I dont throw often but on occasion i will. Last time in a tournament i asked the dude if he wanted my 6 iron and after he said no i helicoptered it into the middle of a lake. It felt great.
I could care less if other people do it.

Whoever throws clubs or putter is truly a baller.

Will not throw clubs, but definitely "offer" a few a balls to the golf gods every now and then

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I know I've never thrown a piece of equipment and I don't recall tossing a ball in a lake, though it may have happened at some point in my golfing life. A mild club slam into the turf is about as much as I'll do, and I'm not even proud of that. I don't care if others toss a ball, whatever. On the other hand throwing a club is bad form, never acceptable.

I have never thrown a club and never will - if I was playing with someone who threw a club I would struggle not to say anything as I don't think it is acceptable to do that

As for balls, I have only ever thrown a ball when it is beat up and not going to be used any more - and the throw has only ever been an underhand lob into the trees or water, whichever is closest

My club tossing days are hopefully behind me as I come to terms with my lousyness. Balls, yes. I'll dump a ball in the water after a series of blunders. At some point, I and a ball that could do that to me cannot be friends.

Given my home course and my handicap, throwing it in the water doesn't reduce the ball's lifespan all that much anyway. No sense getting attached to them.

A ball toss is definitely less memorable than a club toss IMO

I tossed my wedge about 15 yds last Thursday. It was to a spot next to the cart. Not an angry toss. Just an underhand toss.

Angry club throwing requires certain techniques. The Garcia toss is probably one of the best. Notice the lag.

Garcia-2.gif

But sometimes you just need to throw a ball away.....

christian-ball-water.gif

Sometimes that ball just has to go and I'll underhand toss/throw it into the water. Never a wind-up-and-I'm-gonna-throw-you-out-at-third-base-from-right-field throw.

After a few bad holes I'll toss a ball in the water. It's way cheaper then a club.

I don't like or respect club throwing but I have definitely tossed a ball a pond, especially at the end of a poor round and with a scuffed ball.

doesn't bother me at all, though I have never thrown a ball. I have however, fired one into the woods like I was on a mission to send it through a tree. I also admit I have thrown clubs. And fwiw, I know people frown upon club throwing but I will admit there are times I seen people throw clubs in such a way that it can be very funny. Thankfully I never witnessed anyone ever get hurt. None the less (bad taste or not) I am not a fan of it but admit it can be quite funny. Seen one fella get so angry he ran ahead for about 20 yards at full speed and screaming the whole way and flung his club as far as he could. Myself and another (all strangers to each other mind you) hit the floor laughing hysterically. And then eventually so did the thrower. I understand the problems with this but it is what it is and well.....it was hysterical. What can I tell ya. I havnt personally flung a club in a very long time, but I can at times toss it down by my side in disgust.

As long as you don't make it a habit club throwing, especially into a lake, can make you feel so much better

I've done both though never throw a club into a lake. I have a really bad temper. sometimes getting the bad vibes out can be therapeutic. but it's always really stupid and completely unnecessary.

I say do whatever you want. it's your gear who am I to tell you what to do? just don't hurt anyone, and if it bothers me I'll probably find a way to not play with that person again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they throw the ball I don't care. There are times I will. If I have a few bad holes you throw the ball in the water or woods and say it was a bad luck ball and move on to the next one.

I never throw a club but i will roll or toss my ball at my bag if ive had a bad hole. We only have one hole with water on it so cant throw it into that.

I used to take out my frustration when I was younger by going to the parking lot at the factory next door to my house and throwing a baseball or tennis ball as hard as I could at the solid concrete wall repeatedly until I felt better.

If I get agitated on a golf course and there is a water hazard near me... I will see how deep into the hazard I can throw a misbehaving ball.

As I get older... it is more painful to do so, but I will still, on occasion, wing one after it has already been beat up and is all but worthless.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

There's something a little therapeutic about taking the darn ball that just cost you a handful of strokes and giving it the ol' one hander into the lake.

That'll teach it!

I don't mind it, I kinda chuckle when I see people do it. Bad golf disappoints me but never makes me mad enough to toss anything.

Doesn't bother me at all. People's reactions can be quite comical at times.
I don't remember if I have ever tossed a ball, but I wont lie,I have tossed a few clubs during my journey through this crazy game. I even broke a few from throwing them. I don't abuse clubs anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Getting rid of a ball into the water or the woods does not bother me. Personally, I have never done it but it does not impact my play. Now if you really want to push my buttons, start throwing your clubs. Good chance you'll have to find another playing partner for a couple rounds if someone does this while we're playing. Two things that really push my buttons...1.) throwing your clubs 2.) Complaining after every "bad" shot you take. Bad shots are part of the game and some people have to learn to deal with it and move on. Now with that being said, time to enjoy my coffee. :drinks:

Back