Tiger not exempt for upcoming US Open

He will get the exemption for the US Open. I know for the business of PGA and the Majors they need Tiger. He is a shell of himself and not competitive at all. When does he hang it up or is he just going to play majors? I just think that nasty leg injury has compromised too much to be a competitive pro golfer among his knee and fused back.

Oh yeah but they won't give one to Talor Gooch.......is 15 majors and 80+ PGA wins really THAT much better than 3 LIV wins. Like really if you think about it
Gooch did qualify for the US Open last year but Mike Whan at the 11th hour changed the rules to include eligibility for Fed Ex. They took it one step further and made it retroactive which knocked Gooch and only Gooch out of the US Open last year.

But by all means exempt TW just don't tell me that Mike Whan OWGR board member and CEO of the USGA is not deep-throating the PGAT and their TV networks.

Gooch did qualify for the US Open last year but Mike Whan at the 11th hour changed the rules to include eligibility for Fed Ex. They took it one step further and made it retroactive which knocked Gooch and only Gooch out of the US Open last year.

But by all means exempt TW just don't tell me that Mike Whan OWGR board member and CEO of the USGA is not deep-throating the PGAT and their TV networks.

Yes i recall that, had to finish top 30 or whatever in FEDEX Cup, and they changed to add "and still be a member in good standing"

But that's for a different thread

Again, it's the fans that are short-changed when you don't have the best players in the world competing in the majors. It doesn't seem that the powers that be care much about the fans. They can say what they want, but their actions speak a bit louder.

Again, it's the fans that are short-changed when you don't have the best players in the world competing in the majors. It doesn't seem that the powers that be care much about the fans. They can say what they want, but their actions speak a bit louder.
Talor could go qualify. But pride is getting in the way…other LIV players are trying..

Seems like a lot of that is going around concerning all the entities involved.
For sure. But this is only hurting himself.. I don’t feel sorry for him

For sure. But this is only hurting himself.. I don’t feel sorry for him
I don't feel sorry for any LIV golfer. They are making a very good living doing what they love. I just want to see the best players compete. Everything else is just noise.

I don't feel sorry for any LIV golfer. They are making a very good living doing what they love. I just want to see the best players compete. Everything else is just noise.
Lots of noise, but I think at the majors we are getting the best... and Tiger.

$100M loyalty money and special exemption to U.S. Open. Tiger is having a good week.

$100M loyalty money and special exemption to U.S. Open. Tiger is having a good week.
Every pro golfer on Earth is having a better life because of Tiger. It’s a fair trade.

Obviously, the PGA/USGA cabal doesn't want Gooch, aka The Asterisk, to be playing in the majors because he would make Scottie Scheffler look like a 15 handicap.

Seems like this thread has outlived it's usefulness after the knowledge check offered by @ddec

Just add Whan to the list of people in golf who need to go. Checking the list of exemptions, the last is a "special exemption". Since Tiger can't meet the handicap requirements any more, it has to be extra special.

I have absolutely 0 issues with Tiger getting a special exemption to play the US Open. Yes, that means there will be one less spot for someone to make in through qualifying, but do fans want to see me play the US Open or Tiger (i know...I don't even meet the requirements to try to qualify, but still.)

Why on earth would anybody have an issue with a special exemption to the greatest player of a generation and one that brings more eyeballs to the sport?
Its not taking a spot away from anybody.

My goodness some people need to back away from the keyboard at times.

Why on earth would anybody have an issue with a special exemption to the greatest player of a generation and one that brings more eyeballs to the sport?

No issue, I just think the media around it is comical.

*Thread Closed*

In one respect it’s sad the he needs the exemption to begin with, but I don’t believe there’s a golf fan out there who doesn’t think “maybe, just maybe, he’s got another one in him”.

Back