Tiger Woods Next Major Win

The Harmon swing wrecked his knee and would have continued to if he kept it up
Per the Haney book it may have been the military training stuff that wrecked his knee.

Tiger Woods Next Major Win

Well not just that, but his Harmon setup was so bad for his lower body. I'm surprised he doesn't have left hip issues either

I'm curious. Do you think this means Rickie and Adam are destined for similar problem as well.

Also as for Tiger, I think the level of training he put himself through (running, navy seal training) has to be factored in his injuries as well.

Edit: just read Tequila's comment about the training after I posted.

Last edited:
After watching him pretty closely at the Open, I think the better question may be IF and not WHEN

His best chance next year is definitely at the Old Course. He could always win the Masters, but I don't like his chances at Chambers Bay or Whistling Straights. In 2016 he gets Oakmont (where he finished second in 2007), Troon (T9 in 2004), and Baltusrol (T4 in 2005). If he doesn't win a major by the end of 2016, he's in trouble.

You tell us. When and where.
Never. He's done.

The leg and back issues he has will never go away and will plague him for the rest of his career. I bet there will be times when his old form will flash and we'll see what could have been, but I don't think he'll be able to sustain it. Like a lot of big names, he'll play for much longer than he should have, for a chance to chase down history ... it'll all be in vain though.

Last edited:
I don't think Tiger will win another major. The reason is more the other golfers than it is him. His ability has taken a hit with age and injuries, but there seems to be a huge amount of talent on tour at the moment. There are a number of guys who could get hot at any time, and only 4 majors a year remaining. I just don't see Tiger getting back to being a major winner.

If he gets his driver figured out and starts hitting some fairways, I think that will put him back on track.

I love to read what prognosticators predict. Not that I put much faith in it. But it is fun to know there are those among us who are "in the know".

I don't think his health will prevent him from doing it, he's young enough and mentally strong enough to overcome any physical issues, hell, he won on a broken leg lol. It's a confidence factor I think, he has no idea where the ball is going when he hits it, that will wear down even the mightiest of champions.

I love to read what prognosticators predict. Not that I put much faith in it. But it is fun to know there are those among us who are "in the know".

You're fortunate, I give you my predictions and don't even charge 5 bucks a minute for it.

It wouldn't really surprise me if he never got another major.

It would surprise me a little if he won the PGA.

It wouldn't really surprise me if he won a major next year.

His future is so much up in the air right now that I could see breaking Jack's record or being completely out of golf in the next 5 years.

Back