Tiger Woods wins the 2019 Masters: WITB

My favorite Tiger moment was the dual with Bob May at the 2000 PGA at Valhalla because I was there to see it all live.

This just may overtake that due to never expecting him to win another major and the celebration at the end.

Just an awesome day!!!

Me too, I remember standing on my toes on a mound to the left of 18's green behind about 6 or 7 rows of humanity just trying to watch him putt. It took me a couple of years to put together that the clip of him chasing his ball down pointing at it as it rolled in the cup was from that day because I was watching it from directly behind him and the cameraman was in front of the green to the right front of Tiger. Me and my buddy were about 50 yards from where his drive went down in that junk on 18 the first time through.

I watched the last group tee off on the par 5 2nd hole. Molinari pipes it dead straight, Finau murders his tee shot down the middle and it looked to me Tiger tried to match Finau's drive & hit a red snapper. Leaving for Church, I figured Tiger would not do much. Got home from Church and was greatly pleased to see where things were at on the 2nd shots to 14. Parked it and was thrilled by Tiger, looking like 2005 and just flat out getting it done. Like Nichlaus's back 9 in 1986 and thinking on 12......can he. Yes he did. Same thought on 14 today with Tiger. I can't imagine what was going thru Tiger's head walking off 18 with his Mom, kids & girlfriend and the Victory.

Looking back on Tiger's career, the highs until 2008, the lows in 2009 thru 2013, the physical repairs, the return to win the Tour Championship last year to today's Victory, I believe he is the GOAT.

To overcome all of the physical ailments he's had to endure, and the level of physical conditioning and training just to get back on the course and be competitive is amazing to me. I've had the spinal fusion surgery that he had, along with a few other miscellaneous spine and back issues, and understand the pain and frustration that he went through. Couple that with his knee issues, and it is remarkable that he can even play competitive golf - its a testament to his determination and "killer" instinct.

With the exception of Ben Hogan, I can't think of any other pro golfer who has made a comeback quite like he has. He may be the GOAT.

Tour B XS!

Its pretty incredible. The whole story itself is one for the ages. He's come full circle. In many ways it's inspirational. It was fun to see. And so many people wrote him off years ago.

I think this is a huge boost for the PGA and golf in general. Love him or hate him. Tiger still moves the needle.

I think this is a huge boost for the PGA and golf in general. Love him or hate him. Tiger still moves the needle.

Tiger IS the needle!

When Tiger wins, golf wins.

Back