Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

I'll be honest when I say that after putting the 200 series in the bag last year I was second guessing myself a little bit. They were far more of a player's iron looking than what I was accustomed to. Distance was good, but as with my previous set of irons I just wasn't getting the ball high in the air to hold greens. I pondered and pondered all winter what I could possibly do to increase my peak height.

So far I've played a half dozen rounds in 2021 with the clubs and it's like a light switch. They just feel so comfortable, I'm hitting them solidly and getting height like I wanted. Not as much height as most, but for me it's enough. Even hitting the 5 iron which I struggled with last year has been second nature so far this season. So unless something changes in a hurry, I'm satisfied that I made the correct decision in selecting the 200 series.

After today's round, I'm going to use a light buffing wheel to polish the chrome finish on my T200s. Also need to look for some pain fill. I have over 100 rounds on my irons. They look great and I'm going to keep it that way! :)

I hit the T300 with a Nippon Zelos 7 Regular Flex shaft yesterday at Club Champion
Really nice - Liked the combo - Felt Great!
If I didn't hit the Epic Forged Irons so well I'd look in to a set.

My head pros quote on the T200 irons : "New irons are amazing."

He can play whatever he wants (on staff) and last year gamed the T100 irons. I was very surprised he went all T200 this time. Apparently he likes them.

Was hoping to speak with him about them, but he is only in the pro shop on Sundays and I can't play golf on Sundays anymore.

As promised, I spent some time on TrackMan this evening. I had a very mediocre swing this evening. We have a batch of bad weather coming in and when I had an opportunity to play this afternoon, I took it. Also, I am heavily invested in some over speed training and yesterday was my session. I have noticed that I need 48 hours to recover. I was really shallow and had an extreme inside club path this evening. I need to work on those faults With those caveats, here are some representative 7 iron swings. With the 7 iron, I was seeing club speed around 81 to 82. Overall spin rate was around 5900, lower than I had expected (but the very shallow swing would account for this). I was seeing smash factor ranging from 1.35 to 1.38. Descent around 47. Peak height about 108. For reference, I was using a Bridgestone Tour B XS.

E0E4CA4D-3328-4494-96E2-2204DEC56FD1.jpeg4857E396-2CCE-4490-A32B-5964B1136776.png

Here are the average numbers for the pw. The first numbers in order are club speed, ball speed, smash factor, and angle of attack.

6203F6FC-2119-4442-A3E0-A194CDD9D406.jpeg

Can this thread be merged with the official release one with @Jman 's article?

Haha. I was wondering why I saw the thread pop up but didn’t get a notification. 🤓
Still playing, and loving, this edition of the T200 irons. :)

Has anyone compared the T300 to the 921 HMP?

I have both sets similarly spec'd. The T300 are just much more forgiving and longer in all respects. In particular, the shorter irons (PW and 9) are much more consistent in the T300. I think a better comparison would be with the 921 HM, not the HMP. The HMP's are definitely sweet irons and I could easily play them, it's just that the T300 are more consistent and forgiving. I haven't found anything better.

Back