Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Will be reshafting my T100S irons this week. C-Taper S+ have been quite good in them, just messing around a bit and trying some
$-Taper HT S+ in them.
Hoping to accomplish some minor improvements: better feel, slightly more spin and slightly higher peak height. Will see how it goes.

Will be reshafting my T100S irons this week. C-Taper S+ have been quite good in them, just messing around a bit and trying some
$-Taper HT S+ in them.
Hoping to accomplish some minor improvements: better feel, slightly more spin and slightly higher peak height. Will see how it goes.
Not a fan of Modus 130S? Those would definitely help with peak height/feel

Not a fan of Modus 130S? Those would definitely help with peak height/feel
Few thoughts:
I already ordered the $taper HTs, should deliver tomorrow.

Modus 130S- did have a set of P770 with them. The handle and mid is very stiff and although I didnt mind it, I didn’t love it...even as a handle yanker. The tip is so soft though, it gives a great buttery soft feel but I felt like I lost a solid club in distance. I just decided to move in from them. The Modus 125 was a serious contender though. Like those the best of the modus lineup.

Did a sim session yesterday, mainly to work on driver and 5w. I did hit the irons to warm up and the ball just pops off the face as it always has. Still impressed with the combination of height, speed and spin. Turf interaction is fantastic and it's pretty easy to shape the ball considering they arent blade style. After a full year of playing, the only area I could say I would want improvement is feel. It's not that it's bad. On center strikes feel great but get away from the center and it's very noticeable. On good striking days, they almost feel forged. On bad striking days they feel like a lump of iron.

Regardless, numbers were as good as always. Hard to argue. 6iron numbers below w/ Oban ct125 shafts.

Avg distance: 181 carry, 187 total.
Avg spin: 6800 ( indoor Matt so probably a bit higher than actually play )
Avg launch: 18 deg
Avg height: 118 ft
Avg descent angle: 50.8 deg
Avg ball speed: 127 mph

Few thoughts:
I already ordered the $taper HTs, should deliver tomorrow.

Modus 130S- did have a set of P770 with them. The handle and mid is very stiff and although I didnt mind it, I didn’t love it...even as a handle yanker. The tip is so soft though, it gives a great buttery soft feel but I felt like I lost a solid club in distance. I just decided to move in from them. The Modus 125 was a serious contender though. Like those the best of the modus lineup.
Modus 125 is the one I haven't tried in the lineup. I've been stuck on the 130X for awhile now. Can't wait to hear how the HTs work in your T100s.

Did a sim session yesterday, mainly to work on driver and 5w. I did hit the irons to warm up and the ball just pops off the face as it always has. Still impressed with the combination of height, speed and spin. Turf interaction is fantastic and it's pretty easy to shape the ball considering they arent blade style. After a full year of playing, the only area I could say I would want improvement is feel. It's not that it's bad. On center strikes feel great but get away from the center and it's very noticeable. On good striking days, they almost feel forged. On bad striking days they feel like a lump of iron.

Regardless, numbers were as good as always. Hard to argue. 6iron numbers below w/ Oban ct125 shafts.

Avg distance: 181 carry, 187 total.
Avg spin: 6800 ( indoor Matt so probably a bit higher than actually play )
Avg launch: 18 deg
Avg height: 118 ft
Avg descent angle: 50.8 deg
Avg ball speed: 127 mph
7i?

Wow I should read more closely and see the 6i.

Modus 125 is the one I haven't tried in the lineup. I've been stuck on the 130X for awhile now. Can't wait to hear how the HTs work in your T100s.
I’d be curious to try the modus 130x, as I’d guess the tip is more robust. I’m not man enough for it though! Lol.
From everything I’ve read on the $-taper HTs, they appear to be almost a 1:1 with the Ctapers,just a bit softer in the butt and mid section. I tested them in my 5 and 6 a number of months ago and were nice. Curious how the full set will perform. My main goal is to get a better feel. The Ctapers have that unique l, dullish feel. I’ve played them for ages, but the feel is def lacking.

I’d be curious to try the modus 130x, as I’d guess the tip is more robust. I’m not man enough for it though! Lol.
From everything I’ve read on the $-taper HTs, they appear to be almost a 1:1 with the Ctapers,just a bit softer in the butt and mid section. I tested them in my 5 and 6 a number of months ago and were nice. Curious how the full set will perform. My main goal is to get a better feel. The Ctapers have that unique l, dullish feel. I’ve played them for ages, but the feel is def lacking.
Agreed on that dullish meh feel for Ctapers. I've played the 120, 125, and 130. 120 had the best feel, but wasn't the best fit. 130 felt atrocious but gave me the best numbers. 125 was sorta a medium between the two. 130s were okay when the swing was on, but no where as nice feeling as modus 130.

7i?

Wow I should read more closely and see the 6i.
You aren't going crazy. Originally forgot to put it in the post. Sneaky quick edit FTW. 😊

I purchased a set of Titleist T100's irons about 6 weeks ago. I have never played Titleist irons before and have to say that these feel great. I went and got fitted, found the Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff shaft was the best fit for me.

I purchased a set of Titleist T100's irons about 6 weeks ago. I have , never played Titleist irons before and have to say that these feel great. I went and got fitted, found the Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff shaft was the best fit for me.

T100’s are a special iron. Really the whole T series are, but it’s crazy to me how forgiving the 100’s are for their size. Mind blowing to me.

Put a little lighter shaft in my t200 4iron, c taper light. Just need to turn the ferrule in the morning. 9C73D668-EF60-402E-A4EF-F4188198AACE.jpeg

Looks like FedEx lost my T100S that were to be delivered today. :mad:

Oh man. That sucks. Definitely list or just "they don't have any updated tracking data"

Don't give up, mine were a day or so late. Have Faith! It will be worth the wait........:)

so tell me everyone, how good are those T300's?!

Had that happen with a shaft one time, showed up the next day, hoping you have the same luck!

They are by far, the greatest golf club ever made!!! Well.....best irons I’ve ever owned. It is only the third set I’ve had in over 50 years. Reasonably priced for Titleist‘s. I like the way they feel when you make a solid strike. For me, I haven’t found them to produce any unexpected fliers. Good amount of forgiveness, off center strikes dont lose a lot of distance.

They are by far, the greatest golf club ever made!!! Well.....best irons I’ve ever owned. It is only the third set I’ve had in over 50 years. Reasonably priced for Titleist‘s. I like the way they feel when you make a solid strike. For me, I haven’t found them to produce any unexpected fliers. Good amount of forgiveness, off center strikes dont lose a lot of distance.

Glad you made that distinction because we were about to go at it! LOL......seriously, glad you found a set as enjoyable as the best set ever.....T200 :p;):cool:

I got fit for them earlier this year and have been really impressed with them. I think they're my favorite profile for a mid/oversized (depending on which iron you're looking at) profile. They blend into the wedges really, really well.

Absolute rocket launchers too.

$-Taper HT S+ in them.

Done with the re-shaft and hoping to hit some balls today! Have some fun toys to test out today:

T100S irons with $Taper HTs.
New Level 21 utility with Ventus Hybo shaft
TSi2 with Tensei Orange Pro
Trying out a Kai'li 8X in my FW

DA50F08C-002B-4D38-BAAE-FCACFC07E93E.jpeg

Last edited:
Had 4 birdies yesterday in our weekly wolf game. The t100s are so consistent distance wise, so easy to predict where your miss will be. Nice to know your numbers and know your your clubs will hit those numbers over and over again.

Back