It's a pretty tough task @Tenputt . I'm having fun with my Callaways right now, but kind of missing my TSi3 a little. So, so good.

30FB2304-7B7E-4238-8962-B013E787AD04.jpeg

I'm still loving the TSi2. I had a great round with it last time out, hit a few solid shots. I am still searching for that perfect shaft though. :rolleyes: I want the Fuji with Velocore Blue really badly though. I just can't give up $300 bills for a raw shaft that I really don't know if I will like it :unsure:

I have been in the market for a new 3 wood this year and had my sights set on the tsi2 and the new Mizuno. I have hit the tsi2 a few times and liked it but never hit it against the tsi3 (I told myself I was going with the more forgiving version this year again). This afternoon I had about an hour to kill so I decided to head into Nevada Bob’s and test 3 woods. I tried both the Tsi2 and Tsi3 with the av raw white, an raw blue and rdx black. I was surprised to see that I launched the white higher than the blue and had better dispersion as well. I was consistently see 150 - 153mph ball speed with the tsi3 and an raw white on the GC Quad but best of all they were straight. I really like the look of both at address but ended up purchasing the tsi3 15* with the av raw white 75s and I am pretty pumped to get it outside. Now I just need to nail down the hybrid spot and I am set. BCADECD5-6411-47F8-A1E2-2FFD97A0E6CB.jpeg8CF181B2-0F51-4E88-8C13-5998C648C486.jpeg75E22D4B-66EB-4B37-8B5C-40A498E9FDD5.jpeg

Last edited:
I literally just got my customs Callaway max ls and now I’m hard pondering the tsi3 driver to match the fairway??

I literally just got my customs Callaway max ls and now I’m hard pondering the tsi3 driver to match the fairway??
Well the driver is better than the FW imo, so... ;)

I think I read on here where someone cracked a TSi3 wood, my friend cracked the face on his after 1 month of use.

Well the driver is better than the FW imo, so... ;)

you know.. I blame you.

Because of a conversation we have regarding tsi3/tsi2 fairway wood face angles/ I decided to test the tsi2 fairway wood and came away impressed and swapped my 3 for a 2...

you know.. I blame you.

Because of a conversation we have regarding tsi3/tsi2 fairway wood face angles/ I decided to test the tsi2 fairway wood and came away impressed and swapped my 3 for a 2...
Well another friend I DID NOT unfairly influence is moving on from the TSi3 fw too. So it's not just because of me. Lol He doesn't love the feel.

I got that 3 head replaced, but I still don't love it either. Which I would totally get over if it kept up with other FW's for me on distance.

Well another friend I DID NOT unfairly influence is moving on from the TSi3 fw too. So it's not just because of me. Lol He doesn't love the feel.

I got that 3 head replaced, but I still don't love it either. Which I would totally get over if it kept up with other FW's for me on distance.

I am digging the 2. I went back to a 15 degree. But it still launches like the 16.5 but I get a bit more ball speed.

I think I read on here where someone cracked a TSi3 wood, my friend cracked the face on his after 1 month of use.
Me. My TSi2 4 wood face cracked on my third swing.

Okay, what did i miss when testing both the tsi3 and tsi2 fairways? I could have went with either but liked the look of the 3 just a bit more and was getting a bit more distance which will be good for my home course. I have mine set in the standard loft/flat setting and the head looks square to me. Dammit now I’m second guessing my choice! I am so easily influenced. Lol

Okay, what did i miss when testing both the tsi3 and tsi2 fairways? I could have went with either but liked the look of the 3 just a bit more and was getting a bit more distance which will be good for my home course. I have mine set in the standard loft/flat setting and the head looks square to me. Dammit now I’m second guessing my choice! I am so easily influenced. Lol

@OldandStiff is doing it again.. lol..

here is my take.. the tsi2 is simply easier to hit. It spins a fraction more. What I did was swap the tsi3 16.5 for a 15 degree tsi2.

That brought the spin right back in the window I wanted. The launch and spin were basically identical between the 16.5 tsi3 and the 15 tsi2.

The benefit of the 15 is slightly higher ball speed and more forgiveness.

Haha Nothing much. They're not that different. Little easier launch with the 2, touch more spin. The bullets with the 3 for me were just harder to control and ultimately less total distance. Just not the right fit.

Edit: yeah, what @NVGOLFER80 just said. Minus the insinuation I'm to blame for anything, ever. :p

@NVGOLFER80 @OldandStiff i will hopefully be able to hit this outside in about a month. On the quad I was finding them both fairly easy launch off the deck but the tsi3 was definitely lower spin. I’m hoping it’s a good tee club as my home course has a few holes that driver is too long for

Back