A few more rounds in with the Tsi3 & I am in a love/hate relationship right now. I will hit some great drives (slight fade), but then on the next tee box hit an atrocious slice. Could be the shaft or maybe the settings I have it on. 🤷‍♂️

there are some really exciting drivers released right now. but i am still digging my tsi2, and i don't anticipate a change. i do reserve the right to delete this message later when i do something stupid.

Are we talking shaft weight? Or did you adjust some head weight also?

Sorry, head weight. I had the adjustable on the toe and it needed to be on the heel

A few more rounds in with the Tsi3 & I am in a love/hate relationship right now. I will hit some great drives (slight fade), but then on the next tee box hit an atrocious slice. Could be the shaft or maybe the settings I have it on. 🤷‍♂️
Time for some shaft testing

I’m curious how these will stack up against new releases? Anyone test yet?

Honestly I think they will hold there own, but if the others are hotter/better I would switch if I picked up yardage.

Still love the TSi2 (y) With the USTMAMIYA LIN-Q BLUE shaft. Such an amazing combo that just travels when I hit it on the screws. #LINQYourGame

Honestly I think they will hold there own, but if the others are hotter/better I would switch if I picked up yardage.
I think properly fit they probably wouldn’t be outside of standard deviation of each other. Tsi are great drivers they just seem “old” now because of all the new releases lol

I've put my TSi3 setup against some of the new stuff. It's done really well. It's not exactly a stock setup, so it's not a direct comparison like that. With same-ish shaft there's been some definite separations, but no more than you'd expect. The big thing for me will be when I have to the new ones dialed in like I have this one. That's what'll matter to me. And I'm open to it being beat. I love it, but tech and best fit are always changing.

the 2022 driver release season has been pretty enticing. but yesterday on the range just banging balls and not working on anything in particular, the tsi2 performed great. only 2 out of 20 drives had smash lower than 1.45. 5 out of 20 had smash of 1.50 or better. and launch averaging 12.4* is really darn good for me.

if i have a knock against it, the spin is not as consistent as i probably need it to be. i'd think if the spin inconsistency was strike-dependent, i'd see smash jumping all over the place too, which i don't. i think this affects peak height as well, which is also kind of all over the place. i wonder if i dropped back a flex but kept the same shaft if i'd see some improvements there.

i guess the point of this rambling is that i'm not sure what the new releases would offer that the tsi2 isn't doing for me. is improved spin consistency enough to justify a change?

the 2022 driver release season has been pretty enticing. but yesterday on the range just banging balls and not working on anything in particular, the tsi2 performed great. only 2 out of 20 drives had smash lower than 1.45. 5 out of 20 had smash of 1.50 or better. and launch averaging 12.4* is really darn good for me.

if i have a knock against it, the spin is not as consistent as i probably need it to be. i'd think if the spin inconsistency was strike-dependent, i'd see smash jumping all over the place too, which i don't. i think this affects peak height as well, which is also kind of all over the place. i wonder if i dropped back a flex but kept the same shaft if i'd see some improvements there.

i guess the point of this rambling is that i'm not sure what the new releases would offer that the tsi2 isn't doing for me. is improved spin consistency enough to justify a change?
Good stuff.

On the smash factor thing, I play my 3 partly because that is more consistent for me compared to some. My strike moves around obviously and my miss is center high (occasional heel side miss too). There's no way that's not going to affect spin and launch. It gets up more with less spin. What I love about the TSi3 is that it's not crazy low spin to begin with so those don't fall out, and I don't lose much ball speed up there. Some other ones have massive speed drop off for my miss. They focus on the low face speed retention and are always stealing mass from up high and it can be brutal. So for me the smash is pretty consistent and end results are too. And my miss is actually pretty bomb-y out in the real world. :)

Question for you guys. Any real reason to look at these new Rogue ST drivers versus the TSi2 driver? Any significant upgrades/differences?? Worth it?

Thomas is hitting the TSi3 right now on a 2nd Swing live @McLovin and literally getting the exact stuff we're talking about. I'm almost cracking up so the timing of it. Lol Really shows why it's a good club for me too.

Question for you guys. Any real reason to look at these new Rogue ST drivers versus the TSi2 driver? Any significant upgrades/differences?? Worth it?
Best thing to do is go hit both side by side and get your #'s. That will give you the best idea of forgiveness and if you can possible pick up any distance.

(hope things have been well for you. )

Best thing to do is go hit both side by side and get your #'s. That will give you the best idea of forgiveness and if you can possible pick up any distance.

(hope things have been well for you. )
Thank you my friend. Things are going great. Hope the same for you!!

Well it doesn't sound like Chris is imagining a big benefit and it's not like they're really outdated. The Rogues are good though. Honestly, if I was in a TSi2 I'd be looking at Cobra LTDx for a head to head and see what happens. That would have me curious.

I dropped back a half flex -- from Hzrdus black 6.0 to the Kinetixx Velocity D30 -- and absolutely love it (once I got accustomed to the unique profile of the Velocity). With the TSi2 head, it is amazingly consistent -- and a true fairway-finder.

I haven't gamed a Callaway driver in a long, long time -- it's a sound thing with me -- but I can't imagine a more consistent driver head than the TSi2. Only way to know is to test them for yourself, side by side.

I am waiting on a Ventus Red to come in that will be plugged into the TSi2 head. Should be fun for sure.

Well it doesn't sound like Chris is imagining a big benefit and it's not like they're really outdated. The Rogues are good though. Honestly, if I was in a TSi2 I'd be looking at Cobra LTDx for a head to head and see what happens. That would have me curious.

get OUT of my head!!!

Good day with driver (TSi2). Had several drives in the 250y range and put myself in some good positions. Really looking forward to getting the Ventus Red into this but still hasn't arrived yet.

I am struggling so hard with not ordering something new even though the tsi4 is a great head for me.

I ordered my custom TSi4 on 11/27. I was told it would be backordered at least until 01/05/22. On 01/06 I checked on the status and was told it would ship 01/26. I checked yesterday and was told it was pushed back to at least 02/21, but that Titleist couldn't get the head at the moment and it could take 90 days or more. So I cancelled, ordered a 7.5* PXG 0811 X Gen 4 so that I have a driver in a week or two and then will start the search over again at some point if the PXG doesn't work out.

I ordered my custom TSi4 on 11/27. I was told it would be backordered at least until 01/05/22. On 01/06 I checked on the status and was told it would ship 01/26. I checked yesterday and was told it was pushed back to at least 02/21, but that Titleist couldn't get the head at the moment and it could take 90 days or more. So I cancelled, ordered a 7.5* PXG 0811 X Gen 4 so that I have a driver in a week or two and then will start the search over again at some point if the PXG doesn't work out.
There was just one that was in excellent shape for sale on here a few days ago when I was browsing. If it fits you the tsi4 is a great head

There was just one that was in excellent shape for sale on here a few days ago when I was browsing. If it fits you the tsi4 is a great head
It’s a 9*. I had a 9* but still hit it with too much spin too often. I was fit into an 8* turned down to 7.25*. There are a handful that pop up every now and then and a few on eBay but the uses prices I came across were almost the same as buying new. It’s just not worth it to me to spend $400+ on something with, in most cases, too much wear and tear.

Back